Why become a member? ×

Sue Ryder P Bass

hillbilly deluxe

I'm not an expert, but I believe that the rules say that you need to put a price in the subject, preferably with a markup of £150.

Anyway, I'm off to edit Sue Ryder's Wikipedia entry to say that it was her playing on all the sessions on Carol Kaye's CV.

[quote name='karlfer' post='1106429' date='Jan 28 2011, 04:54 PM']Wait 'til the the daft lads get in from work, I think it may turn into "one of them threads" :)
Karl.[/quote]
Here Sir!

[quote name='Gust0o' post='1106462' date='Jan 28 2011, 05:11 PM']Haha, this is brilliant - I'd already rolled my eyes on the way into this thread, thinking it was genuine :)[/quote]

+1 actual eye roll , Nice one! :lol:

I don't quite get the Sue Ryder bass running gag. They're only mentioned in one other thread.on here which is another running gag. I've only read a few comments on the quality of the Sue Ryder instruments, none of them for basses, but all suggested that they were well designed competently built instruments. They've got sensible species of wood for their materials. Surely they're a bargain for the discounted price, would make a cheap backup/modding platform/starter bass for the financially challenged?

What no-one has picked up on yet is that there is a well established bass builder called Steve Ryder who lives near Banbury. His basses go by the brand name of Ryder and were reviewed some years ago in one of the mags. Incidently John East did the electronics

Is there a connection considering that Banbury is not a million miles from the Sue Ryder headquarters in Northampton?