Why become a member? ×

Show us your rig!

ped

[quote name='Heartbreaker' post='1048493' date='Dec 5 2010, 06:05 PM']My last rig

Trace Elliot 1x15 & 2x10 cabs
Hartke 5000 bi amp
Ampeg SVT4 pro head
Ampeg 6x10 cab
62 Gibson EB3

[attachment=65760:62_EB3__...eg_rigs..JPG]

& current rig

Ampeg SVT4pro head
2 Markbass 4x10hlf mark 1 cabs
1 Markbass 1x15hlf mark 1 cab
1 Markbass 2x10hlf mark 1 cab
1996 American Fender Jazz Custom Shop
1972 Fender Jazz
62 Gibson EB3
[attachment=65761:Markbass...3_basses.JPG][/quote]

Do you play stadiums??

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='1056451' date='Dec 12 2010, 08:21 PM']Can you clarify! That looks like a nice SS rig... what's to put you off SS for life? :)[/quote]

Sorry, maybe that was a bit harsh! The rig was good in some ways ie portable, all the features I needed. The tone I got from it was quite nice at low volumes but I found it to be slightly clinical and lacking in character when pushed to gigging levels. It's entirely possible that I wasn't tweaking the EQ section to its full potential, I think it was a bit too complicated for me. Also, I never really felt that it was as loud as they claimed it should be.
I suppose it's about feeling your way through different types till you find the one best suited to you - I definitely love the simplicity and tone of a valve amp.

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='1056537' date='Dec 12 2010, 08:58 PM']Each to his own but putting aside the effected tone, that wasn't a tone that I'd try and recreate BUT I stress 'each to his own'! :)[/quote]

Is that great tube breakup that I like...I barely use it but playing Led Zeppelin at home with the Orange gain driven hard is like nothing else. Filthy yet not just 'distortion'.

• 2 weeks later...

My new home practice and small gig rig. A step away from EBS, I needed something I could carry and had a solid fat finger tone for acoustic funk gigs. This whole rig fits into a EA backpack and off I go! Damn sight better sounding than most mini practice combo's too...

MarkBass LittleMark 250
EA Wizzy 10

Shep

[quote name='pantherairsoft' post='1066168' date='Dec 21 2010, 09:03 PM']My new home practice and small gig rig. A step away from EBS, I needed something I could carry and had a solid fat finger tone for acoustic funk gigs. This whole rig fits into a EA backpack and off I go! Damn sight better sounding than most mini practice combo's too...

MarkBass LittleMark 250
EA Wizzy 10

Shep[/quote]

Very nice dude, I miss the sound of my LittleMark/AguilarGS112 combination, amazing sound for the cash/size etc.
Very happy with the little Promethean combo I replaced it with though too.

How does the 10" handle the low B?

Eude

[attachment=66939:IMG01286...121_1252.jpg]
My main gigging rig now, 70 SVT with new 210AV's and yes the head is very heavy, it's way ott for the pub, but I just can't go without the tone. The head is actually just balanced on the speakers as it is physically bigger.

[quote name='eude' post='1066739' date='Dec 22 2010, 01:13 PM']Very nice dude, I miss the sound of my LittleMark/AguilarGS112 combination, amazing sound for the cash/size etc.
Very happy with the little Promethean combo I replaced it with though too.

How does the 10" handle the low B?

Eude[/quote]

Very well. I'm yet to gig it, but have cranked up at home and the low B is well defined. It looses some smoothness if I attack the string to hard on the low B, but as a 1x10 that's what I'd expect.

It's not EBS... But it is the next best thing I've experienced! Very happy.

Shep

Great rig and those two Fenders are stunning too..

[quote name='gafbass02' post='1066326' date='Dec 22 2010, 12:03 AM']

My current main rig: 2x Bergantino ae210's and a shuttle 9.0 all on a gramma pad with obbm speakons. Plus my two basses of course :)[/quote]