Why become a member? ×

Show us your rig!

ped

Here's my current rig and pedal board. The signal splits after the stereo chorus, so that the bottom end goes through the volume pedal into the 1x15" cabinet.

[attachment=75342:P3200638.JPG]

[attachment=75341:P3200639.JPG]

I've just bought a Boss DD-7 delay pedal and I'm looking at the MXR M82 Envelope Filter, as the DOD is getting a bit tired. I'm also considering a Digitech Bad Monkey for the 'treble' side of the effects chain, but it seems to really polarise opinion - it's either the greatest distortion ever or not even a good doorstop. I can feel a visit to a guitar shop coming on! :)

24th March - I took the plunge and bought a Bad Monkey pedal, and it's fab! I haven't built it into my signal chain yet, but it sound pretty cool on its own.. I've read elsewhere that it sucks tone even when its off, but I can't hear a huge difference.

Distorted chorus anyone?

Edited by peterjam

[quote name='73Jazz' post='1099106' date='Jan 22 2011, 09:49 PM']Designed for killing people!
The best tone i have ever heard, with enough power to discipline guitarists. So full of sound, full of tone ,that i don`t want any other amp for the rest of my life, worth every gram it weighs
[/quote]

OMFG!!! This + Zvex Fuzz Factory + Orange Thunderverb 200 + 2 Matamp 4x12's + Les Paul strung with 15 - 70's tuned to drop A = Massive doomtastic sludge-a-ma-geddon!! ...oh and deafness.

Edited by TankJon

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='TomKent' post='1171026' date='Mar 21 2011, 07:23 PM']

is about to be replaced by..

More info coming soon as this is my new endorsement rig. :)[/quote]

Dude,

Drop me a PM when you've had a little time with this baby. I noticed the heads at BassDirect and have done some research into them... Am very interested. It's the 1st bass head that's made me even consider moving away from EBS gear...

Just a little sommat I take along to church now :). GK MB500 plus X-Over and Power-amp into EBS 4x10 and 1x15. And a SansAmp ParaDriver in there somewhere.....
Might post this up in the GK pr0n thread too

Overkill??? Naaaaaaaahhh :)

Ian

Edited by Bottle

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Blademan_98' post='1202945' date='Apr 17 2011, 08:54 PM']Er, do you think they can hear me now?[/quote]

I always get annoyed when i see people with MB4210's

I had THREE blow up on me in the space of a fortnight, and Marshall couldn't give a s**t. Luckily, the shop were very helpful. The 4210/115 rig is what i was originally aiming for.

Nice rig though :)

[quote name='TheRockinRoadie' post='1214114' date='Apr 28 2011, 07:35 PM']I always get annoyed when i see people with MB4210's

I had THREE blow up on me in the space of a fortnight, and Marshall couldn't give a s**t. Luckily, the shop were very helpful. The 4210/115 rig is what i was originally aiming for.

Nice rig though :)[/quote]

When you say blew up, what happened?

I have heard they over heat.

I've taken mine apart but all looks good to me.

Sounds good though :)

Have ended up with an interesting small mixture of amps and cabs at the moment and this was last nights combo.
Bass into EBS MultiComp, Line 6 m9, GK 1001, MB NY151.
Punchy little combination.
I use the M9 mostly for it's modelled EBS Octabass, which for me sounds and tracks better than an EBS unit plus. A little lush chorus and delay. Unfortunately nothing in there as good as the MultiComp as yet.

[quote name='Blademan_98' post='1214234' date='Apr 28 2011, 09:37 PM']When you say blew up, what happened?

I have heard they over heat.

I've taken mine apart but all looks good to me.

Sounds good though :)[/quote]

Went to one shop, the amp had a dodgy pot and kept cutting out, so i returned it next day.

Went to another shop that i go to alot, that amp had the same problem, they ordered a brand new one in for me, and that didnt work full stop. i bought the head and 1x15, and the 1x15 lasted a week before the connector inside broke, messed up the impedance and blew the speaker.

Marshal didnt care at all, and thats what pissed me off the most!

[quote name='TheRockinRoadie' post='1218898' date='May 3 2011, 05:42 PM']Marshal didnt care at all, and thats what pissed me off the most![/quote]
Not disputing what you say, but what do you mean by "didn't care at all"? I've never had anything but fantastic service from Marshall; & their tech dept were massively helpful; even to the point of once arranging a courier for me, to pick up a 70's tranny head to go back for a service.
One thing I was told by them is that Marshall dealers are only authorised to [i]sell[/i] Marshall, only their MK factory if authorised to fix them, not something that many dealerships broadcast too widely.