Why become a member? ×

Show us your rig!

ped

I usually play this through my Berg HS4x10 - but sweet tones this morning between the Orange and my newly acquired Nash jazz - the Bassman really does warm the sound so pefectly and just rounds everything out - I have a ss amp for gigging if I feel the need, but I really can't see how ANYTHING can imitate or get near to a true valve sound..

[attachment=58817:IMG_0835.jpg]

This is my gig rig (sorry for the bad picture). Its very Simple. I used to have an Ashdown Electric Blue 180, but bought the MB450H half stack because i liked it and it had more power, but now i regret selling the Ashdown, as the Marshall doesnt cut through as well. I might gig with this rig this year, and then go back to Ashdown when funding allows!

Pedalboard:

As well as an AKG Wireless unit.

I know most people on here arent too keen on the MB series, so if anyone has any better suggestions for classic rock and blues, feel free to make a suggestion!
-Lorry

[quote name='budget bassist' post='957256' date='Sep 15 2010, 02:55 PM']Save for an Ashdown ABM, huge upgrade over the EB180, i used to have an EB180 (well i still do, but it's broken) and the difference is just incredible.[/quote]

Yeah i'm after an MAG for the moment, possibly with ABM cabs. The plan is to get the cabs first, then flog the marshall head and get an Ashdown head.

[quote name='hillbilly deluxe' post='957372' date='Sep 15 2010, 04:36 PM']At 4 ohms you will be getting 300w,with an extra cab you will get the full 450w.I use both of my cabs seperately for different gigs,the 1x15 does not cut through in a loud band gig,the other cab does.[/quote]

Yeah the 1x15 doesnt cut through well at all, but like i've said above, i'll upgrade all the cabinets first and see where it goes from there! The 300W is pleanty loud enough for me though, more than enough to go over the two 100W stacks and my drummer! Just wish i could get it to cut through...

[quote name='pantherairsoft' post='960724' date='Sep 18 2010, 08:01 PM']Something non- EBS from me for a change.

I've been using this for my D&B project as I wanted a combo for it. Sounds pretty good and does the job perfect... Do miss the EBS tone though. Anyone got a Drome or Gorm and fancy a swap ;-)

[/quote]

i was looking to buy one of these when the sale of my fender goes through.........any chance of a wee review brother??????????

[quote name='munkonthehill' post='960782' date='Sep 18 2010, 09:48 PM']i was looking to buy one of these when the sale of my fender goes through.........any chance of a wee review brother??????????[/quote]

If you buy this months copy of Bass Guitar Magazine you will find that I reviewed it there! :)

For what they cost its the best combo I've heard. My drummer prefers it to my EBS stack in terms of tone as well!

Very hi-fi sounding, with a good compressor and huge amounts of bottom end and volume on tap. In fact more volume than I know what to do with! Great amp. Very very heavy though! Not exactly a portable beast!

An EBS Gorm or Drome is all I'd change it for. Unless I had the chance to pick one up at a silly price, I can't imagine finding a better sounding combo this side of £1000

[quote name='pantherairsoft' post='960795' date='Sep 18 2010, 10:02 PM']If you buy this months copy of Bass Guitar Magazine you will find that I reviewed it there! :)

For what they cost its the best combo I've heard. My drummer prefers it to my EBS stack in terms of tone as well!

Very hi-fi sounding, with a good compressor and huge amounts of bottom end and volume on tap. In fact more volume than I know what to do with! Great amp. Very very heavy though! Not exactly a portable beast!

An EBS Gorm or Drome is all I'd change it for. Unless I had the chance to pick one up at a silly price, I can't imagine finding a better sounding combo this side of £1000[/quote]

im quite suprised its heavy, I just assumed the TC was quite light,,,,,,dont know where I got that idea from!

[quote name='munkonthehill' post='960822' date='Sep 18 2010, 10:47 PM']im quite suprised its heavy, I just assumed the TC was quite light,,,,,,dont know where I got that idea from![/quote]

Assume that's why you get such a good amp for the price... By not paying for the brands premium 'lightweight' technology so to speak. It's a 2 person lift for it to be comfortable or your iron man. If you can cope with it being 'Traditional' bass amp weight... Then it's a winner!

[quote name='pantherairsoft' post='960838' date='Sep 18 2010, 11:24 PM']Assume that's why you get such a good amp for the price... By not paying for the brands premium 'lightweight' technology so to speak. It's a 2 person lift for it to be comfortable or your iron man. If you can cope with it being 'Traditional' bass amp weight... Then it's a winner![/quote]

I used to own a peavey 150TNT 15" combo............call me iron man hahahahaha

I think my rig is going to stay like this for a while. i didnt think 280w would do me as previous mag600 never seemed to cut it... but i was very wrong.
small / medium gig and practice rig.

larger / blow down walls rig.

or i can use the trace combo as nature intended if i wanted... but to be honest its just as easy wheeling the marshall can and a seperate head than carrying the deceptively heavy combo around.

I'm quite happy with my handywork on the headcase.