Why become a member? ×

Show us your rig!

ped

Well, here's mine. After some searching out of stuff (such as procuring the Pod XT Pro from Tombboy) it's all finally come together and it's somewhat monstrous. Not in terms of the amount of speakers or cabs, but in other ways.

Some of you may think that I've taken the processing much too far. However, it's all on the treble side and the Pod is in the Digitech's loop which is mainly to prevent gain stacking.

At the moment, I'm running through making patches for the buzzard. The fun starts when I have to make patches for the Alembic and the 8 string. Totally different animals.

It's all about the lights dude. How does that Line 6 sound in a live situation? I'm after a Bass POD Pro, the rackmounted one before they went XT etc. It looks like your rack is the same size of your cab. Have you ever thought abount getting a rackcase on wheels, and placing it beside the cab? Just an idea, as it looks like a lump to place on top of the cab!

[quote name='Wolverinebass' post='802034' date='Apr 10 2010, 07:07 PM']Well, here's mine. After some searching out of stuff (such as procuring the Pod XT Pro from Tombboy) it's all finally come together and it's somewhat monstrous. Not in terms of the amount of speakers or cabs, but in other ways.

Some of you may think that I've taken the processing much too far. However, it's all on the treble side and the Pod is in the Digitech's loop which is mainly to prevent gain stacking.

At the moment, I'm running through making patches for the buzzard. The fun starts when I have to make patches for the Alembic and the 8 string. Totally different animals.[/quote]

Well we do love lights don't we? :) The blue light is a mix from SFX which Max kindly made for me.

The Pod is great, but you can't beat the Digitech for Quad chorusing!! Get in!! I didn't think that the version before XT was that great to be honest, but that's merely my own opinion.

The rack is the same height as the 1x15. So it's not small, but it is somewhat cumbersome. The Hartke is more than half the weight of the whole thing. The case is actually on wheels as you can drag it like a wheelie suitcase. If you look at the bottom left of the rack you can just see the wheel sticking out.

If I put the stuff in a 4 wheeled rack it doesn't solve the problem of stairs and plus it's going to be heavier due to the frame. Plus all the controls are going to be well low.

[quote name='chriswilliams666' post='802739' date='Apr 11 2010, 04:27 PM']It's all about the lights dude. How does that Line 6 sound in a live situation? I'm after a Bass POD Pro, the rackmounted one before they went XT etc. It looks like your rack is the same size of your cab. Have you ever thought abount getting a rackcase on wheels, and placing it beside the cab? Just an idea, as it looks like a lump to place on top of the cab![/quote]

[quote name='budget bassist' post='803578' date='Apr 12 2010, 12:02 PM']Awww, so cute :)

On a serious note - How is that little giant?[/quote]

+1

Yup, interested to hear your opinions too.
I'm looking to move up from my LittleMark250 to something with more wattage, but it needs to sound good, or at least be very transparent, and be cheap.
Currently thinking about a Terror Bass, or perhaps a MB F1 if I can get one cheap enough, but hadn't considered the Little Giant...

Cheers,
Eude

[quote name='eude' post='803986' date='Apr 12 2010, 06:38 PM']+1

I'm looking to move up from my LittleMark250 to something with more wattage, but it needs to sound good, or at least be very transparent, and be cheap.
Currently thinking about a Terror Bass, or perhaps a MB F1 if I can get one cheap enough, but hadn't considered the Little Giant...

Cheers,
Eude[/quote]
I don't think a bass terror will produce the desired effects there... they're very valvey from what i've heard, quite warm, not at all transparent! Ashdown amps don't tend to be as transparent as markbass gear either, luckily i love the sounds my ashdown makes, so it's all good.

[quote name='eude' post='803986' date='Apr 12 2010, 06:38 PM']+1

Cheers,
Eude[/quote]

The Bass Terror is too warm and dirty I think for this. A good amp for the money but its more of a rockers/blues amp.

Transparent, crisp and clear = Markbass F1 or LM2/3.