Why become a member? ×

Show us your rig!

ped

Heres my lot. left to right; Peavey Millenium Mk I, Hohner B bass, Squire Jazz CV, Woodfield P bass (my first bass)
The combo amps are, Top Peavey combo Mk III, and bellow a Behringer B X4210A. Not bad for 5 months collecting eh? :) I did have a Johnson jazz bass with emg pups but i sold that Saturday,

[attachment=48471:my_rig2.jpg]
[attachment=48472:my_ri3.jpg]

I did have a lot more small combo's. I got them off ebay, 12 for a quid each! ([b]yes[/b] 12 combos practice amps for 12 quid)

I also have a home built fretless monstrosity. The neck is i think from a Stagg, with nylon Rotosounds ang mightymate pups, and the body is home made and by the looks of it sawn with a bread knife! Cost me £24 i just wanted to see what a fretless was like. Oh well now i have mentioned it id better edit this and show it

here in all its glory

[attachment=48476:stag_fretless1.jpg]
[attachment=48477:stag_fretless2.jpg]
[attachment=48478:stag_fretless3.jpg]

Edited by daz

I think this is rig #4 or something like that for this year alone.

Gallien Krueger 700RB II, Trace Elliot V-Series 1528 2x15" and 4052H Bright Box

Ready to rock

[url="http://img688.imageshack.us/i/dsc06298large.jpg/"][/url]

Ready to load up

[url="http://img594.imageshack.us/i/dsc06300large.jpg/"][/url]

I've just emailed Roqsolid to see if they can do a matching cover for the 4052H. The one for the 2x15" is perfect

This is my "B" Rig, the only difference being the "A" Rig has the trace swapped out for an Ampeg SVT-IIP and outboard compressor.

Musicman Stringray 5 is the goto bass out of all of them for this type of gig (Hard/Goth Rock)

Used it yesterday and it sounded great! Utterly reliable.

Trace Elliot GP12 SMX Pre-amp.
Crown XS-700 1900 Watts mono bridged.
Barefaced Vintage 2x15 W/Tweeter.

Can't remember if I've posted it before, but I don't think so. Gives the illusion of being smaller than it is, such is the problem of perspective :)

Considering swapping the Vintage out for something more Schroeder-like again though.

Edited by Finbar

Me too! Was distinctly suspicious of how sturdy the cab would be if I'm honest, but it will take my weight sitting on it. Surprisingly solid. It isn't as biblically loud as I had expected either. I'd say my Schroeder 1212 seems louder, but the Vintage will happily be pushed to the amp's limits without trouble.

Edited by Finbar

[quote name='Finbar' post='826616' date='May 3 2010, 05:11 PM']Can't remember if I've posted it before, but I don't think so. Gives the illusion of being smaller than it is, such is the problem of perspective :)

Considering swapping the Vintage out for something more Schroeder-like again though.[/quote]

So you stuck a pick holder to the front of your Matamp, I do believe Jeff would be shaking his head right now :rolleyes:

I caved yesterday and bought something I've always wanted... A Mesa / Boogie 400+ ...I've wanted one since I was in school. I've been playing through it for much of the evening and I'm beaming. I picked up the Berg HS410 a couple of weeks ago, too happy right now.

Right, where's that Bergantino thread?

[quote name='alexharvay' post='829011' date='May 5 2010, 09:36 PM']I caved yesterday and bought something I've always wanted... A Mesa / Boogie 400+ ...I've wanted one since I was in school. I've been playing through it for much of the evening and I'm beaming. I picked up the Berg HS410 a couple of weeks ago, too happy right now.

Right, where's that Bergantino thread?[/quote]

I can't express how much I hate you right now :)

[quote name='OldGit' post='826942' date='May 3 2010, 10:57 PM']That's rather like my Combo 300 BW but with a less knobby eq section. What's the output?[/quote]
Its 135 Watts. It sounds almost as loud as my 450 Watt Behringer though, go figure? Maybe old Watts from 1979 are worth more than new 2009 Watts ? :)

Edited by daz

[quote name='tayste_2000' post='827144' date='May 4 2010, 09:48 AM']So you stuck a pick holder to the front of your Matamp, I do believe Jeff would be shaking his head right now :)[/quote]
Shaking his head? That's a rather conservative assumption of what he'd be doing ;p

I love Jeff.

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='829957' date='May 6 2010, 07:33 PM']Don't Behringer use PMPO instead of RMS?[/quote]

Now thats just being cheeky infering I'd fall for the old PMPO trick. Thats for people who buy there HiFi from Toys R Us.
At the end of the day output Watts are irrelevant really. Decibels are what really counts.

[quote name='daz' post='829832' date='May 6 2010, 05:16 PM']Its 135 Watts. It sounds almost as loud as my 450 Watt Behringer though, go figure? Maybe old Watts from 1979 are worth more than new 2009 Watts ? :rolleyes:

[/quote]

Thanks
Yeah, I've noticed Peavey watts seem louder than other people's .
There seems to be something magical about the Black Widow too :)

Edited by OldGit

[quote name='daz' post='830055' date='May 6 2010, 09:18 PM']Now thats just being cheeky infering I'd fall for the old PMPO trick. Thats for people who buy there HiFi from Toys R Us.
At the end of the day output Watts are irrelevant really. Decibels are what really counts.[/quote]

Cue Alex on Spl at 3.7 inches, cab efficiency, Relative colour of tone, smell of the cone paper etc :)

For me it's all about how the whole package sounds and works in context. In my 40+ years of playing I've used Peavey 1x15 combos of many kinds for many years (and other stuff) and they all sound louder in a band situation than their published wattage might suggest.

Edited by OldGit

[quote name='OldGit' post='830327' date='May 7 2010, 08:45 AM']Cue Alex on Spl at 3.7 inches, cab efficiency, Relative colour of tone, smell of the cone paper etc :)

For me it's all about how the whole package sounds and works in context. In my 40+ years of playing I've used Peavey 1x15 combos of many kinds for many years (and other stuff) and they all sound louder in a band situation than their published wattage might suggest.[/quote]

Yes those old Peavey's 15inch Black Widow speakers dont half give it some waft. The heatsinks inside are massive alluminium slabs comapred to today as well.