Why become a member? ×

Show us your rig!

ped

[quote name='budget bassist' post='620146' date='Oct 8 2009, 12:04 AM']oustanding :)[/quote]
[quote name='WarPig' post='620168' date='Oct 8 2009, 12:26 AM']F-me. What a great collection of Jazzes!!![/quote]
Isn't it ????
[quote name='BT!' post='620177' date='Oct 8 2009, 12:42 AM']that is litterly my aladins cave[/quote]
"Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves cave" would fit too !!!!

Edited by pepone2401

Here's my new rack; it's not yet complete as I'm waiting for a DHA preamp to go in the 1u blank space.

It's got a Korg DTR2000, a Markbass LMK, a TC Electronic G-System, a wireless system. The rack was custom made so that it's only 300mm deep and the feet on the bottom locate into the recesses on the top of the Bergantino cabs. The one lid of the rack box is fitted with wheels and the other was made deeper than standard so that it can accomodate the foot controller for the G-System. The G-System controls the amp channels and can switch separate pedals in and out. The rack has racking at front and back so that I can add a light to the back in the future too.

As you can see the covers make up a dolly for the whole rig making it easily maneuverable on stage. When I get to the venue, I just drop the covers off and have three leads to connect; one midi to the foot controller, one speaker cable and a single power cable, the instrument connects via wireless. Set up time has been eroded to a bare minimum.

Next month I'll show you what it looks like with the all new DHA preamp unit.

Edited by Sean

Sorry for the bad pick,

This is my current Rig from top to bottom,

Behringer Rack tuner ( i promise it will be replaced!!! )
LD Systems WS 1000 BPG guitar wireless
Alesis 3630 Dual compressor mostly used for gate
Trace Elliot 600 RAH
and my new Mesa ROAD READY 8x10 =)

Poor picture from camera phone, apologies.
Before you ask, I live on the second floor, and that is my living room...
[attachment=34394:BigRig_005.jpg]

This other picture is the same rig at a gig, looks less menacing but it's equally heavy
[attachment=34395:BigRig_001.jpg]

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='onehappybunny' post='646498' date='Nov 5 2009, 05:50 PM']My back is safe!

New lightweight rig (15kg total !!!) ShuttleMax 12.0 plus Barefaced Compact (pimped in 'salt & pepper' - "push it real good" :rolleyes: )

Apols for the light moire effect on the photo - decided not to take up a whole page with the image :)[/quote]

Liking that grille!

Liking the Max!

[quote name='Musicman20' post='646665' date='Nov 5 2009, 08:33 PM']Liking that grille!

Liking the Max![/quote]

thanks Gareth - the grille was a bit of a risk and really pleased how it worked out :)

Getting great sound out of the Max at home and just need a bit of time to get that sound dialled in at volume (so many knobs :rolleyes: )

[quote name='onehappybunny' post='646684' date='Nov 5 2009, 08:48 PM']thanks Gareth - the grille was a bit of a risk and really pleased how it worked out :)

Getting great sound out of the Max at home and just need a bit of time to get that sound dialled in at volume (so many knobs :lol: )[/quote]

No wonder you have your username as that! :rolleyes:
They go together really well.

Heres my lastest:

Its going to be a bi-amp set-up, but until i get the signal splitter box and test it out im not sure how itll be, but heres a rough idea:

Bass ->Splitter -A-> Effects -> Ampeg B5R -> Eden 2x10
-B-> SVT 3Pro -> Alien Audio 1x15

My compressor is stereo so ill fit that in somehow. The Superfly could be a back-up. Total overkill for a non-gigging bassist, but i though 'Eh why not? Might come in use one day?'

Edited by WarPig

I love flicking through this thread, so I thought I would add my first contribution.

This is my current setup and I am so happy with it. I have always used Ashdown/Trace gear and I have to be honest, to my ears this is a huge step up in quality of sound. It doesn't cover up anything, when I play a wrong note I hear it but it really cuts through a mix and the rest of the band.

Anyway here it is, Eden WTX260 brilliant bit of kit, so felxible and very gig friendly and my awesome EBS Proline 2x12 and Overwater:

[attachment=35847:Rig3.jpg]

Second Pic with my Squier Deluxe Active Jazz V.

[attachment=35848:Rig2.jpg]

Cheers,

Edited by NJE

[quote name='onehappybunny' post='646498' date='Nov 5 2009, 05:50 PM']My back is safe!

New lightweight rig (15kg total !!!) ShuttleMax 12.0 plus Barefaced Compact (pimped in 'salt & pepper' - "push it real good" :rolleyes: )

Apols for the light moire effect on the photo - decided not to take up a whole page with the image :)[/quote]

Seriously nice rig! Congrats!

[quote name='WarPig' post='646771' date='Nov 5 2009, 10:31 PM']No wonder you have your username as that! :lol:
They go together really well.

Heres my lastest:

Its going to be a bi-amp set-up, but until i get the signal splitter box and test it out im not sure how itll be, but heres a rough idea:

Bass ->Splitter -A-> Effects -> Ampeg B5R -> Eden 2x10
-B-> SVT 3Pro -> Alien Audio 1x15

My compressor is stereo so ill fit that in somehow. The Superfly could be a back-up. Total overkill for a non-gigging bassist, but i though 'Eh why not? Might come in use one day?'[/quote]

Glad to see the cab settled in nicely and has gone to a good home! :rolleyes: . Really interesting set up, should have plenty of puch live. :)

Geebass! :lol:

Saw that at the Brighton bass bash. Nice one!