Why become a member? ×

Show us your rig!

ped

Here's a shot of my new 'big' rig.

[b]Look away now if your a fan of lightweight amps and lightweight speakers[/b]

Used it last night on a pub rock gig and the sound was awesome. I just may finally have reached my personal tonal nirvana :)

[quote name='tayste_2000' post='597165' date='Sep 13 2009, 11:15 AM']400+ is in for a service

So used this on a gig

Mesa Buster 2x10 combo into Matamp 4x10
Simms Watt PA100 Mk2 into Matamp 8x10

Overwater custom progress Bass

Line 6 M13 sending 3 signals to the amps at the back

Enjoy

[/quote]
looking a bit dereck smalls in pic2 there :)

[quote name='witterth' post='597183' date='Sep 13 2009, 11:32 AM']looking a bit dereck smalls in pic2 there :)[/quote]

There's absolutely nothing wrong with looking a little Derek Smalls now and again, just try not to make a habit of it :rolleyes:

[quote name='WarPig' post='597875' date='Sep 14 2009, 12:16 AM']that SWR rig is this shiznits[/quote]

Why thank you kind sir. I know that I'm bucking the ultra small ultra light trend with this rig, but sheeesh it makes a lovely noise! Two gigs this weekend with challenging rooms to eq (one long thin bar, one with a sloping 45 degree roof) and it sounded so sweet both nights. Lots of compliments from fellow bassists in attendance, well worth the knackered back!

[quote name='JPJ' post='598171' date='Sep 14 2009, 01:38 PM']Why thank you kind sir. I know that I'm bucking the ultra small ultra light trend with this rig, but sheeesh it makes a lovely noise! Two gigs this weekend with challenging rooms to eq (one long thin bar, one with a sloping 45 degree roof) and it sounded so sweet both nights. Lots of compliments from fellow bassists in attendance, well worth the knackered back![/quote]

SWR rigs have never been known for their lightness although even they've had to admit defeat now and release a neodymium cab. Might get one at some point, maybe when they stop being £800!

[quote name='beerdragon' post='599123' date='Sep 15 2009, 12:22 PM']Is that how you usually have your EQ set. just wondered how it sounded like that.[/quote]

Well I've only just got the Trace so I'm still fiddling with the EQ. Next month it'll probably be different.

I like a lot of mids to my sounds. A bit John Entwistle/Geddy Lee. It cuts through the mix better and I don't sound like every other bassist.

I also use an Ashdown Overdrive pedal. I normally set the overdrive quite low, but again it helps it cut through and it sounds more aggressive and raw. Which is how I like it.

Like I say, I'm still just fiddling and I'm not entirely happy with it. I can try and record some sound clips for you if you like?

This is my setup.

A Carvin R600 MKII Head

This was bought as a part of a 'RedEye' 2x10" kickback combo. The original owner had blown one of the emminence speakers and had replaced it with a cheaper aftermarket.
The blowout had obviosly done damage to the remaining cone and the horn.

It sounded rough, and I didn't feel it was putting out anywhere near the level it should have been.

I'd fancied a 4x10" anyhow, so rather than fork out for a repair on a cab i didn't really like, i started looking.

The SWR Goliath III is a mega cab, nice and clear. Love the sound.

I'm running at 500w 8 Ohm.

Had to have the Carvins power stage rebuilt about 18 months ago, and ever since it's the best amp for me, even better than previously. The only thing i'd consider replacing it with is a Genz Benz GBE1200. But to be fair, I know where i'm up to with my rig now, and it sounds good for me.

There are also a few of my basses in the background, bit of a crappy mobile photo, but you get the idea.

[quote name='WonderHorse' post='599189' date='Sep 15 2009, 01:22 PM']Well I've only just got the Trace so I'm still fiddling with the EQ. Next month it'll probably be different.

I like a lot of mids to my sounds. A bit John Entwistle/Geddy Lee. It cuts through the mix better and I don't sound like every other bassist.

I also use an Ashdown Overdrive pedal. I normally set the overdrive quite low, but again it helps it cut through and it sounds more aggressive and raw. Which is how I like it.

Like I say, I'm still just fiddling and I'm not entirely happy with it. I can try and record some sound clips for you if you like?[/quote]

Yeah ok if no trouble. :)

[quote name='JPJ' post='596401' date='Sep 12 2009, 10:46 AM']Here's a shot of my new 'big' rig.

[b]Look away now if your a fan of lightweight amps and lightweight speakers[/b]

Used it last night on a pub rock gig and the sound was awesome. I just may finally have reached my personal tonal nirvana :)[/quote]
Cunningly disguised as a fridge I see. I hope she doesn't see thru it lol

Edited by Leftbass