Why become a member? ×

Show us your rig!

ped

[quote name='steve-soar' post='563029' date='Aug 7 2009, 09:08 PM']Now that's more like it. Very, very nice and well done on the LabGruppen.
The Ampeg pres are amazing.[/quote]
Thanks a lot, and yes the Ampeg is pure gold. :)

[quote name='Finbar' post='563068' date='Aug 7 2009, 10:04 PM']If you simplify that rig to the EBS alone, you have a buyer for your SVT-IIp right here :lol:[/quote]
Thanks mate, good to know but please don't hold your breath. :rolleyes:

so i played with it a bit today sans sansamp (postie didn't bother ringing the doorbell), and i got a really nice sound out of it. Bridge 'bucker mode on my warwick, cut the bass a bit, small treble boost and a big boost in the mids and you've got a really nice workable metal sound, add a touch of valve drive (and i mean just a touch) and it really makes that sucker growl! brings out a really nice high mids frequency that cuts through really well too, lovely! this is just from playing along to some music on my pc though, i'll see how it goes at band practice on sunday. Sansamp tomorrow so even more tones to play with, oooh! :)

Thought i may as well join in here too! my latest rig, very loud, compliments my Warwick very well, seems to love my Drop C Sharp tuning so naturally i'm very happy!

I haven't gigged this yet, however my band has two gigs in one day today! so its going to get a good testing!

Edited by spacecowboy

This is my cheap and cheerful 'practice' rig

2 x 18" Bass Bins
2 x 15" Full Range Cabs
W-Audio 500 watt 1 unit power amp
Laptop with a Line 6 GX USB interface running Pod Farm and Riff Works along with Acid etc...

Certainly shifts some air :rolleyes:

Unfortunately its a bit of an overkill , and I keep thinking of playing live again but just don't have the time and Mrs Prosebass has read me the riot act (again) so it looks like I will be selling the cabs... :)

Edited by Prosebass

[quote name='Prosebass' post='577436' date='Aug 22 2009, 10:59 AM']This is my cheap and cheerful 'practice' rig

2 x 18" Bass Bins
2 x 15" Full Range Cabs
W-Audio 500 watt 1 unit power amp
Laptop with a Line 6 GX USB interface running Pod Farm and Riff Works along with Acid etc...

Certainly shifts some air :rolleyes:

Unfortunately its a bit of an overkill , and I keep thinking of playing live again but just don't have the time and Mrs Prosebass has read me the riot act (again) so it looks like I will be selling the cabs... :)

[/quote]

well if you do play live again at least you have the band's PA sorted!

heres my rig as it stands at the moment, had all my basses out except the violin bass as i was playing some slap :)...

1981 jaydee roadie 2 active
2002 squier jazz bass 20th anniversary
ashdown little giant 350 head (for sale)
ashdown 2x10 cab (for sale)
zoom b2...
various cables, sweat, effort e.t.c. lol

what dya think?

x

[quote name='marcus bell' post='577814' date='Aug 22 2009, 07:57 PM']heres my rig as it stands at the moment, had all my basses out except the violin bass as i was playing some slap :)...

1981 jaydee roadie 2 active
2002 squier jazz bass 20th anniversary
ashdown little giant 350 head (for sale)
ashdown 2x10 cab (for sale)
zoom b2...
various cables, sweat, effort e.t.c. lol

what dya think?

x[/quote]
sweet rig!!!! love the jaydee!

[quote name='EdwardHimself' post='577751' date='Aug 22 2009, 06:36 PM']well if you do play live again at least you have the band's PA sorted![/quote]

Thats true but what I would play through....?

[quote name='steve-soar' post='577838' date='Aug 22 2009, 08:39 PM']Best rig on Basschat, start playing live, Mrs P will have to deal with it. :)[/quote]

You are welcome to call round and explain to Mrs P if you like !
But I would not advise it :rolleyes:

The Cabs and maybe the amp are going up for sale on the forum for a week to see if there is any interest, they are rather inexpensive....

here's my little rig

[attachment=31789:DSC00672.JPG]

My modded vintage icon p
True bypass loop (bass pod > bass eq)
Peavey BW Combo 300 (beast!)
Tapco Mixer
iMac (off pic)

Im happy with it anyways :)

Edited by Kev

[quote name='dave.c' post='583412' date='Aug 28 2009, 11:46 AM']Anyway it may soon be seen in the for sale section here if I can decide what to replace it with.
Also shown with my Spectors, Rebop 4DLX-EX Zebrano, Korean NS200-4 and Mr Gibson SGZ!
[attachment=31774:P1000250.JPG][/quote]
That SGZ is stunning! I remember seeing one on ebay ages ago and heaving REALLY bad GAS!