Why become a member? ×

Show us your rig!

ped

[quote name='ped' post='647602' date='Nov 6 2009, 08:14 PM']
My rig on the left - nicer rigs elsewhere![/quote]

Heeeyy, yours may not be the nicest looker in your opinion, but I thought it sounded superb, and thats before you applied more squelch than a pair of wellies full of custard!

And if I'm not mistaken that'd be my rig to the right of the picture, niiiice :)

Well thanks for ze comments... considering it cost me about £300 in total I am pretty pleased to be honest. really like the horns in those SWR cabs. I am in love with the sound of the rig, it beats the Mesa 400+/1516BE and the Trace Elliot V4 combo to my ears - but to be honest I sound PRETTY MUCH the same through any amplifier for some reason.

It could be lighter (I guess 4x8 sized cabs are about manageable) and look prettier though. Still, who gives!

ped

[attachment=35994:Picture_092.jpg]
The rig I used earlier today at the jam I had with my mates. Sounds monstrous, 3 signals running at the same time, clean; fuzz and octave up.
[attachment=35995:Picture_094.jpg]
I run my Mockingbird into the Whammy, where I split it the first time to an octave up with the Randall guitar amp. It then runs into a Behringer Bass overdrive, which needs replacing with something much better at lower gain sounds, which I will then use between the Whammy and the Peavey to have a nice low gain overdrive. After the Behringer, it goes into my Bass Big Muff, which runs into the Peavey 450 for a deep dark fuzz, much like being punched in the gut, and the dry out goes into the Peavey, for a more buzz saw type drive. Don't know if this is the rig I'll start using live properly yet, will probably replace the Marshall cab with a 4x10 or something.

Zach

Edited by Jarhead

• 1 month later...

Really thought it was about time I added my little lot to this thread - my rig ain't as big as some but it's mighty loud and extremely good quality sound-wise - so my three basses:

2008 Single Cut Series 1 Sei Bass

2009 Sei Jazz Bass

2004 Jeff Chapman Fretless

My 'heavy duty' (for me anyway) amp solution... Epi 502 + UL210

And my lighweight solution - lovely (new) Genz Benz Shuttle 9.0 (sounds wicked)

the best thing about this amp's size is it fits perfectly into my Levy's Italian leather gig bag....

I also have a few effects and that's it! Does the job and sounds awesome - so I'm happy with it all :)

Re any GAS I'm thinking about either a Berg or Epi 112 but the 210 sounds so good and is stupidly loud I'm not sure I really need another cab right now.

Cheers chaps

Mike

Can't really match all those exotics above but as I'm still giddy about my new TC rig........

Also in the shot is my main gigging bass with [url="http://subsetband.com"]Subset[/url] - the red croc effect bodied Italia Modulo.

There's also my '91 Yamaha Attitude Ltd (the original series (only 500 in this colour) - bought for my 21st birthday when it came out!) and the edge of my Mex Fender Jazz fretless :)

The rig, as you can see, is the RH450 head, RS210 cab and the RC4 floor controller. In the back is my Hartke 1x15 and 4x10 Transporters - [url="http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/idleparis"]for sale on eBay[/url] :rolleyes:

Here's another pic showing the bigger stack comprising a HA200 head, SansAmp RBI and Db Tech IEM in a SKB case. A better shot of the Attitude, Jazz and my Schecter Diamond Custom 5

Edited by JayGarrett

[quote name='urb' post='688992' date='Dec 19 2009, 12:11 PM']Jay that TC rig is super sweet, a very good investment

M[/quote]

Cheers Mike.

I tend to go into the Bass Gallery and lust after the Sei's - I used to live in Camden up until Sept when I moved out to East 17...........

I'm loving the TC and am still playing with the settings. I'm so glad you can store 3 of them :)

J

[quote name='JayGarrett' post='689115' date='Dec 19 2009, 02:59 PM']Cheers Mike.

I tend to go into the Bass Gallery and lust after the Sei's - I used to live in Camden up until Sept when I moved out to East 17...........

I'm loving the TC and am still playing with the settings. I'm so glad you can store 3 of them :)

J[/quote]

The TC is fantastic. I was a non-believer until I researched them...and then tested. Absolutely stunning. I think TC will be a big names in bass amps soon.

May have posted this somewhere before, not sure.
This is what I've been using for most gigs near on 7 months now, RH450+S212.
Tend to favour my Jazz Deluxe at the moment (no mods as yet) and love the sound. Someone did say they felt the RH450 was voiced with a jazz in mind. Having said that my Clover graphite 5 and Spector LX5 sound wonderful to.

[quote name='whynot' post='691053' date='Dec 21 2009, 09:58 PM']May have posted this somewhere before, not sure.
This is what I've been using for most gigs near on 7 months now, RH450+S212.
Tend to favour my Jazz Deluxe at the moment (no mods as yet) and love the sound. Someone did say they felt the RH450 was voiced with a jazz in mind. Having said that my Clover graphite 5 and Spector LX5 sound wonderful to.

[/quote]
That is sooooo left handed. :)

Heres mine. Amp is a B200r, Bass is Squier Vintage modified P-bass TB with Jazz Flats and lowered pick up(pole pieces too) and Bass Muff.
Sounds pretty decent and after having many different set ups over the years this one pretty much is where I'll stay for a while. May only be a humble Squier but I really enjoy playing it and surprising people with my sound from this rig.

[quote name='septicrat' post='692077' date='Dec 23 2009, 09:13 AM']Heres mine. Amp is a B200r, Bass is Squier Vintage modified P-bass TB with Jazz Flats and lowered pick up(pole pieces too) and Bass Muff.
Sounds pretty decent and after having many different set ups over the years this one pretty much is where I'll stay for a while. May only be a humble Squier but I really enjoy playing it and surprising people with my sound from this rig.[/quote]

What a gorgeous set up. That just smacks Old Skool. Have really got GAS for one of those Squiers.

Here's mine. I replaced the Trace rig that was in my earlier post ages ago, and also gone to 5 strings.

Ibanez SR705 (old model) and my main bass, the SR1205
Gallien-Krueger 400RBIV
Gallien-Krueger 212SBXII
Marshall 115 (but with a replacement speaker)

Planning on upgrading to the 700RBII and losing the Marshall for a GK 115SBX to give me a matching rig.

[quote name='JayGarrett' post='691852' date='Dec 22 2009, 09:20 PM']interested in how the amp sounds through that TecAmp.[/quote]
Very different to the TC cabs. There is a part of me tonewise that prefers this amp with an RS210 (never tries a RS212 alone) but the RS210 breaks up just when the S212 is asking for more, plus the Tecamp is at its best when being driven I think. Only use this setup as backline or small club type gigs.
My Tech Soundsystems 4x10 comes out for any other gig and that comes closer to having 2 x RS210s, being a little more punchy and tighter.