Why become a member? ×

Show us your rig!

ped

[quote name='Raggy' post='692105' date='Dec 23 2009, 09:42 AM']What a gorgeous set up. That just smacks Old Skool. Have really got GAS for one of those Squiers.[/quote]

Cheers Raggy. Yeah, its a pretty good old skool sound, I'm really happy with the Squier, especially as my last bass was a Rickenbacker which I loved with all my soul. This rig though has made me a pretty happy man........ for now *Fights off another GAS attack*

[quote name='septicrat' post='692077' date='Dec 23 2009, 09:13 AM']Heres mine. Amp is a B200r, Bass is Squier Vintage modified P-bass TB with Jazz Flats and lowered pick up(pole pieces too) and Bass Muff.
Sounds pretty decent and after having many different set ups over the years this one pretty much is where I'll stay for a while. May only be a humble Squier but I really enjoy playing it and surprising people with my sound from this rig.[/quote]

These looks the bee's!

[quote name='jamesbass116' post='696371' date='Dec 30 2009, 02:57 PM']hey guys i'm new to this so i though i would just show a few pics to familiarise with everyone haha

p.s - sorry it takes up a whole page!!!!!!!

my fender MIM jazz

my warwick fretless

my fender 24V

my fernandes gravity tenor

line 6 lowdown... soon to be replaced
[/quote]

Not bad for 16 mate! How long you been playing for?

[quote name='whynot' post='692259' date='Dec 23 2009, 12:34 PM']Very different to the TC cabs. There is a part of me tonewise that prefers this amp with an RS210 (never tries a RS212 alone) but the RS210 breaks up just when the S212 is asking for more, plus the Tecamp is at its best when being driven I think. Only use this setup as backline or small club type gigs.
My Tech Soundsystems 4x10 comes out for any other gig and that comes closer to having 2 x RS210s, being a little more punchy and tighter.[/quote]

Hmmmm............. when I need something larger I'm gonna have to have a play with some Tech gear methinks :)

[quote name='EdwardHimself' post='696669' date='Dec 30 2009, 08:07 PM']Not bad for 16 mate! How long you been playing for?[/quote]

thanks man!
i've been playing for 4 years, but thats with at least 2/3 hours practice a day haha. i'm so eager to get better is my problem

i paid for the majority from gig money, obviously my main bass (the MIM) and the amp were presents from my ever supportive parents!

James

[quote name='jamesbass116' post='696689' date='Dec 30 2009, 08:29 PM']i paid for the majority from gig money, obviously my main bass (the MIM) and the amp were presents from my ever supportive parents!

James[/quote]

Crikey! Your band must get well paid! I've been playing for nearly 30 years and don't have a collection like that!! :)

[quote name='Conan' post='696696' date='Dec 30 2009, 08:33 PM']Crikey! Your band must get well paid! I've been playing for nearly 30 years and don't have a collection like that!! :rolleyes:[/quote]

haha.. thanks i suppose!!
only a bit was with my band....frontman hogged all the money from those gigs.... :)
most of the money was from dep work after my teacher recommended me to pretty much anyone local ha

James

[quote name='jamesbass116' post='696710' date='Dec 30 2009, 08:46 PM']haha.. thanks i suppose!!
only a bit was with my band....frontman hogged all the money from those gigs.... :rolleyes:
most of the money was from dep work after my teacher recommended me to pretty much anyone local ha

James[/quote]

~in awe~

Nice one James! Looks like you're gonna be a name to look out for :)

New toys finally arrived today - this replaces the Marshall 4210 combo and 115 cab I had all the trouble with.
The Peavey head seems pretty under-rated on the forum but the combination with the Hartke 410 gives a really nice clean punch. the amp seems very versatile, a touch of octaver can be used to really fill in the lows, theres a bright switch, a 9- band graphic eq and the more conventional treble and bass knobs with a semi-parametric mid contour knob as well. A lot of versatility for a reasonable price.
Looking forward to trying it out at gig volume next week.

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='109407' date='Dec 26 2007, 10:15 AM']I have to confess I've trimmed down from this...

To this...

and though I'm much happier I'm alternating between the Thunderfunk and the Tech Soundsystems Black Cat amps so often that I'm back to not caring which amp I am left with when one sells!

If this is the worst dilemma I have in 2008 I'll be over the moon :)[/quote]

hi dude - how do you rate the Zon sonus? I have one too - custome splat top - beaut!!