Why become a member? ×

Show us your rig!

ped

Just looking at some old photos and found this from about 2 years ago - my first rig after a 10 year or so break from playing bass.

Samson Compressor
Behringer Tuner (not as bad as people assume it is...)
Warwick Profet 3.2
Yamaha BBT210

I still have the Samson, Behringer & now 2 of the Yam cabs (as well as an excess of other bass stuff).

cheers

D.

Edited by deksawyer

I should have probably put this in here first -

[attachment=11690:DSC01369.JPG]
[attachment=11689:DSC01362.JPG]

Awful pictures, I know :huh: I'm loving having a 50lb 600W rig though :) It's almost comically loud and powerful for the weight.

BTW, this is my 3rd rig in as many months :huh: – It’s a keeper I think.

[quote name='deksawyer' post='254965' date='Aug 5 2008, 12:08 AM']Just looking at some old photos and found this from about 2 years ago - my first rig after a 10 year or so break from playing bass.
[/quote]
Very tasty... I'm tempted to get one of those Behringer tuners - just for the rack light. That's me being quite sad, I think. :)

[quote name='thumbo' post='257069' date='Aug 7 2008, 11:46 AM']My sound has taken a u-turn recently. Orange AD200B, Berg NV610, Streamer Stage 1... filth.....

[/quote]

Snap. Well that makes two of us with the same rig.

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='264877' date='Aug 18 2008, 08:04 PM']Here's mine.

Overwhelming isn't it? :)[/quote]

For some reason Steve I always thought your amp was something alot more complicated and was housed in a sperate room?

Please say you've got that rig weighted down though :huh:

[quote name='Josh' post='264892' date='Aug 18 2008, 08:19 PM']For some reason Steve I always thought your amp was something alot more complicated and was housed in a sperate room?

Please say you've got that rig weighted down though :)[/quote]
lol, it used to be like that matey:

Eden WT800 and effects unit plus two 2x10
a Trace MP-11, Mesa Boogie Strategy 400 power amp plus effects unit and a pair of 2x10 cabs then
Twin GK RB700 combos then
one GK RB700 combo plus GK 2x10RBH cab...

...my back soon had something to say about all that.

Its a good rig though, growly, tight, clean and warm. Wouldn't mind an EBS Neo 2x10 though or a wedge cab version.

EDIT: Here's the other one...

The amp weighs the cab down. :huh:

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='264901' date='Aug 18 2008, 08:31 PM']lol, it used to be like that matey:

Eden WT800 and effects unit plus two 2x10
a Trace MP-11, Mesa Boogie Strategy 400 power amp plus effects unit and a pair of 2x10 cabs then
Twin GK RB700 combos then
one GK RB700 combo plus GK 2x10RBH cab...

...my back soon had something to say about all that.

Its a good rig though, growly, tight, clean and warm. Wouldn't mind an EBS 2x10 though or a wedge cab version.[/quote]

I'm definetly going for 2 EBS 2x10's, I just can't make my mind up wether to go Neo or Proline, the Eden's just need to go, they sound amazing with the 650 but I can't see the need for an 8x10 behemoth anymore, I'm only 19 and my back is healthy, but I live in the attic, up 2 flights of stairs......I get back spazms thinking about it :)

Edited by Josh

Back spasms I can identify with, it was getting to the point where after a Saturday gig, I'd get on the bus to go into work on the Monday morning and my lower back would be so painful it would bring tears to my eyes. FWIW the only thing I'd mention about my experience of 2x10's is that they probably need to be standing on each other to get the most warmth out of them and (with normal cones) the bottom end wasn't that well defined below 120Hz or so. The two 4 ohm Acmes I had were the best 2x10s I've ever had but they needed a big ol' amp to power them properly.