Why become a member? ×

Show us your rig!

ped

[quote name='budget bassist' post='226271' date='Jun 24 2008, 10:20 PM']And i shall check that out BRX, thanks.
Oh by the way, i saw you on the tram yesterday :) i would have come and said hi but i had my bass on me and didn't fancy smacking all the other passengers with it.[/quote]

I thought I saw someone familiar with a large instrument case...

[quote name='Jonny Walker' post='226743' date='Jun 25 2008, 03:10 PM']Well i got to say the the build quality on my ltd 404 is the dog nuts! Worth the money i paid in my opinion...[/quote]
Aye, but i'd rather have the flexibility of two pickups (coming from a musicman player :huh: ) you know what i mean though.

@BigRedX, yeah that was me :)

[quote name='phil_the_bassist' post='226769' date='Jun 25 2008, 03:54 PM']What bass is that? the hardware looks like a Ovation Magnum, but the body's different...[/quote]

It is an Ovation Magnum. Magnum 3s and Magnum 4s had a more traditional shape compared to the earlier 1 & 2 series basses.

[quote name='phil_the_bassist' post='226769' date='Jun 25 2008, 03:54 PM']What bass is that? the hardware looks like a Ovation Magnum, but the body's different...[/quote]
looks like an sg that been on the atkins diet!

[quote name='Wil' post='226971' date='Jun 25 2008, 10:32 PM']It is an Ovation Magnum. Magnum 3s and Magnum 4s had a more traditional shape compared to the earlier 1 & 2 series basses.[/quote]

Ahhh!

That explains it, i used a magnum (the one with a little cutaway under the bridge straplock) the basis for my first custom, so i knew I recognised it from somewhere!

How long have you had it?

[quote name='joegarcia' post='227468' date='Jun 26 2008, 03:59 PM']Probably about two years now. Lovely bass.[/quote]

Where did you find it? I've not seen many on ebay, so I'm guessin Rare&Vintage is probably the best place to find em?

FWIW here's my rig...sorry about the camera quality!

Its a HA5500 with VX215&410 cabs (I know most people slate the VX series, but I've not had any problems!) and my pride and joy SR5

apologies for the orientation of the shots, I dunno why that happened!

Edited by phil_the_bassist

[quote name='phil_the_bassist' post='228467' date='Jun 28 2008, 10:33 AM']Where did you find it? I've not seen many on ebay, so I'm guessin Rare&Vintage is probably the best place to find em?

FWIW here's my rig...sorry about the camera quality!

Its a HA5500 with VX215&410 cabs (I know most people slate the VX series, but I've not had any problems!) and my pride and joy SR5

apologies for the orientation of the shots, I dunno why that happened![/quote]That's a cool rig. Is the 2x15 a 4 ohm cab and is the 4x10 an 8 ohm?
If your mixing a 4 and an 8 ohm together and running them with your HA 5500 which puts out 4 ohms, then you might be shortening the life of your amp, 'cause it will be working too hard.
I hope I'm wrong and your 2x15 is 8 ohms, if so , sorry for interfering. :)

[quote name='steve-soar' post='228498' date='Jun 28 2008, 11:43 AM']That's a cool rig. Is the 2x15 a 4 ohm cab and is the 4x10 an 8 ohm?
If your mixing a 4 and an 8 ohm together and running them with your HA 5500 which puts out 4 ohms, then you might be shortening the life of your amp, 'cause it will be working too hard.
I hope I'm wrong and your 2x15 is 8 ohms, if so , sorry for interfering. :)[/quote]

no need to apologise, it's 8's all the way baby! I was thinking about gettin everything runnin 4ohms but reading up (and helpful comments on this very forum) have made me leave well alone! :huh:

[quote name='phil_the_bassist' post='228579' date='Jun 28 2008, 02:47 PM']no need to apologise, it's 8's all the way baby! I was thinking about gettin everything runnin 4ohms but reading up (and helpful comments on this very forum) have made me leave well alone! :)[/quote]That must sound amazing.

Superb, I love that. Must get myself a pleasure board, too!!!

Here is mine this evening in my practice den... The think on top of the pod is a fan!! Boiling hot today. Not pictured is my fretless to match the fretted bass:

Cheers
ped

Rig as of today:

[attachment=10376:rig_3_7_08.jpg]

Sunn 1200s and Marshall JCM800 Bass Series 100w and 2xAguilar GS412's.
Had a TLA valve compressor in the rack until today but it actually sounds way better with just the multi band compressor on the Sunn 1200s.

[quote name='ped' post='230983' date='Jul 1 2008, 11:18 PM']Superb, I love that. Must get myself a pleasure board, too!!!

Here is mine this evening in my practice den... The think on top of the pod is a fan!! Boiling hot today. Not pictured is my fretless to match the fretted bass:

Cheers
ped[/quote]

That Roland V-bass looks a nice bit of kit.

[quote name='steve-soar' post='231563' date='Jul 2 2008, 08:19 PM']Just listened to Ped, very nice sounding French loveliness.
What were the basses going through?[/quote]

Hi Steve - did you mean on the youtube clip in my sig? The basses are all going through my pod and straight from there to desk. Tried and trusted! I do the same everywhere, and since getting the Vbass I still do the same thing for my clean normal sound (bypass patch on vbass) and just kick in the Vbass for my jazz bass and Musicman sounds (and lots besides which I have yet to play with, the double bass is great)

Beerdragon - I think it is the single most underrated/undiscovered pieces of equipment ever!! I love it to bits and it has opened up a whole new perspective. Everything on one bass! Brill. As you can (almost) see, it is on a stool to allow me to play with it more easily (would prefer it to be rack mounted, there are companies that can convert it to a 2u rack unit apparently) but I would definitely have bought it on the strength of the archetypal and essential classic bass models in the unit, let alone the millions of other possibilities!

Cheers for the comments!
ped