Why become a member? ×

Show us your rig!

ped

[quote name='wizbat' post='232412' date='Jul 4 2008, 01:46 AM']Does anyone know a good ear surgeon?[/quote]

Lol, nice one.

IIRC last time I saw your rig, you had 4 8*10s, did you feel that wasn't enough so needed the extra pair? Which mug helps you lift/move those?

Here's a few updated and better pics of my rig

The rig is DHA VT5 pre amp, Peavey PV1500 power amp, trace elliot 2103h cab with upgraded speakers (emminence beta 10's i think? Merton will know cause its his old cab :)) so its 500w @8ohms. I'm scrimping and saving to get a marshall VBC 4x12 as i used to have one and loved the sound of it even if my back didn't always like the weight.

oh and here's whats in the case on top of the amp

Rob

[quote name='Alpha-Dave' post='232483' date='Jul 4 2008, 09:53 AM']Lol, nice one.

IIRC last time I saw your rig, you had 4 8*10s, did you feel that wasn't enough so needed the extra pair? Which mug helps you lift/move those?[/quote]

Hehe!
I borrowed a couple from ampegs hire stock to compete with the 24 Marshall cabs that tony and nick had got planned for their side of the stage.
Hopefully the video that we used them for for 'blindside' will be finished soon and up with the others on our site.
We did a really funny scene with me using a body harness slipping across the stage trying to play into the blast from the backline.
Paul.

The whole kit and caboodle.

Edited by wizbat

[quote name='mr pablo' post='232553' date='Jul 4 2008, 11:37 AM']
trace elliot 2103h cab with upgraded speakers (emminence beta 10's i think? Merton will know cause its his old cab :huh:) so its 500w @8ohms.
Rob[/quote]

Certainly are Eminence Beta10s, much preferred them to the stock Celestion-made Trace speakers :)

[quote name='JimH' post='235846' date='Jul 9 2008, 04:25 PM'][/quote]

Love the rig and the basses :huh:

[quote name='safetygav' post='236216' date='Jul 10 2008, 12:31 AM']Ampeg SVT 3
SWR Big Ben
Musicman Stingray
MXR Bass Di for extra fat.

will post a picture of my old cmi 2 x15 and peavey head when i find it again[/quote]

nice rig mate...don't let phatmonkey see the size of that pic cos he might have a baby :)

This is my Hartke rig which i was using with a Trace Elliott amp Then i decided to buy these TE cabs and sell the Hartke. i was warned by some Basschatters that they had never seen TE cabs like those, but i decided to buy them anyway. big mistake. they rattle like hell, despite me trying them when i bought them and sounding ok. nowi dont know what to do. refit the TE cabs with some new drivers.

[url="http://imageshack.us"][/url]
[url="http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=142&i=dscn0717ub9.jpg"][/url]

[url="http://imageshack.us"][/url]

[quote name='BigRedX' post='237686' date='Jul 11 2008, 10:54 PM']You haven't lit them all up...[/quote]
Its a bit hard to play and photograph at the same time so you are missing out on the input o/l and signal LEDS but then would not have the mute. Not sure if my ears would take getting the output clip light on :)

I got sick of wating for my sunn to be repaired. (STILL waiting!!).
So I went and got a Marshall VBA in the mean time.
Sounds lovely.
Im wanting to get a double rig going mind. a second one with either 15's or 12's....
Best bit on that pic though, is the 3 year old pair of trainers on the top....

[quote name='man_at_arms84' post='238109' date='Jul 12 2008, 06:20 PM']I got sick of wating for my sunn to be repaired. (STILL waiting!!).
So I went and got a Marshall VBA in the mean time.
Sounds lovely.
Im wanting to get a double rig going mind. a second one with either 15's or 12's....
Best bit on that pic though, is the 3 year old pair of trainers on the top....[/quote]

Looking good man. Good choice of mics too, love those Beyers on bass cabs. You should totally get a second rig on the go, don;t think i could ever go back to one now. :) Shame about your Sunn, never had any problems with mine whatsoever. Hope you get it back soon. Have you still got that Marshall DBS412? You could use that with the VBA and the Sunn with the Matamps couldn't you? That would be awesome.