Jump to content
ped

Show us your rig!

Recommended Posts

39 minutes ago, Bigwan said:

Yummy! What are your other 2 rigs?! 

Eden WT400 and 410XLT . Then Mesa 412 and rack .

Truth be told  even though I've only had one rehearsal with the Handbox , I'm not sure if it's for me or not - wait and see .

 

40 minutes ago, Bigwan said:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Pea Turgh said:

Very lovely!  Are they 10s or 8s?

They are 10's i managed to score the cab for £200 on ebay and it's in perfect condition except for the odd scuff. was sat in a studio gathering dust for months

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is my current setup, 

Mesa 800+ via DG Hyper Luminal and AO and then a pair of Darkglass DG410n’s

 

45DFA06D-ACDF-4EA3-AA58-3D9B35B07AB3.jpeg

4CB30BAB-6E5B-409B-BED0-230A58792943.jpeg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After some considerable time faffing with buying, selling, rebuying etc etc, I'm pretty happy with this now. Was going to sell the GK but it's just too good; it's very handy for ease of carriage and when I don't need the Fender.


My latest bass purchase is included. I can't see myself wanting anything else anytime soon 🙂

IMG_20201014_200551__01.jpg

IMG_20201014_200409__01.jpg

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, foxyFuze said:

After some considerable time faffing with buying, selling, rebuying etc etc, I'm pretty happy with this now. Was going to sell the GK but it's just too good; it's very handy for ease of carriage and when I don't need the Fender.


My latest bass purchase is included. I can't see myself wanting anything else anytime soon 🙂

IMG_20201014_200551__01.jpg

IMG_20201014_200409__01.jpg

Dats a great rig - noice

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New rig for me at the moment. At lot of re jogging, selling and replacing due to covid work situation, but I'm really happy with this. Blisteringly powerful and versatile.

Ashdown ABM 600 evo iv (main head).

Ashdown RM500 (back up head).

Ashdown tone pocket for practicing.

Korg pitchblack tuner.

Line 6 G90 wireless unit.

Ashdown ABM evo iv cab.

Cheeky markbass keeper on the side to hold the bass.

Current main bass Fender Player precision.

 

 

20201015_204038.jpg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 01/10/2020 at 09:34, bartelby said:

New amp means a new post in the rig thread!
This CTM-300 arrived yesterday. I've only had chance to use it for about an hour, but I'm beginning to dial in a great tone (photos don't show the current settings).
I was a little concerned about the tone stack as it's pretty subtle and my other amp is a JJB-500 whose 12 band graphic is anything but subtle. But it appears you don't need extensive tone shaping with this amp.

The only downside is it weighs as much as my 10 year old daughter. But the upside of the pandemic means I'm not going to be moving this anytime soon...

CBAD85B1-7F93-40EC-B8A3-7FA30FC6BCAC.thumb.jpeg.80e2fca787054fae4209f055abaef6c7.jpeg5E4EA907-36A9-4BF3-BA78-5FBCCAD6AE73.thumb.jpeg.16e91597d994634ade83a8bec99afec6.jpeg

Is that my old Mag 810?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, ern500evo said:

Is that my old Mag 810?

Yep.

It’s still going strong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bartelby said:

Yep.

It’s still going strong.

Awesome! Glad it’s still getting used! Looks great too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Recently picked up a MB combo (CMD 121H) in the FS to leave at my folks' place in Brum, as I'm spending a bit more time up there these days to give them a bit of support. Forgotten how good value and quality these MB combos are - for £400 (used) it's considerably less than the second hand cost of my separates! 

One of the features of MB cabs is that they tend to have a little high frequency roll off, which some folk love as being the signature 'warm' MB sound. I personally prefer a brighter / 'flatter' top end and it seems that the Tech 21 VTDI pedal + MB Combo is a marriage made in heaven to deliver this - highly recommend.

If I had discovered that particular pairing a few years back I suspect I might not have let go my MB AC 121 Lite, which is still one of the best combos out there and one of the very few that can deliver a full 500W through it's own single 12" speaker, without the need for an extension cab. 

Markbass rig.jpg

Edited by Al Krow
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some awesome rigs in this thread. 

Here's mine currently; EBMM Sterling HH > under-contruction pedalboard > Genz Benz ShuttleMax 12.2 > Ashdown ABM410.

Plenty, though I wouldn't mind adding an ABM210 for modular set up...

IMG_20201025_204455_740.jpg

Edited by Ramsay777
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just finished putting my new rig together. 

Warwick Hellborg preamp

Warwick Hellborg Mono 500w power amp

Warwick Hellborg Hi Cab (2x12)

Warwick Hellborg Lo Cab (1x15)

joined by my 97 streamer LX

Complete U-turn for me as far as rig philosophy is concerned in that its heavy as hell, but it sounds incredible 

 

84D396AE-EA41-4FEC-A5AB-F708381F3D67.jpeg

Edited by funkypenguin
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, funkypenguin said:

Just finished putting my new rig together. 

Warwick Hellborg preamp

Warwick Hellborg Mono 500w power amp

Warwick Hellborg Hi Cab (2x12)

Warwick Hellborg Lo Cab (1x15)

joined by my 97 streamer LX

Complete U-turn for me as far as rig philosophy is concerned in that its heavy as hell, but it sounds incredible 

 

You like Warwick then I presume?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, funkypenguin said:

Just finished putting my new rig together. 

Warwick Hellborg preamp

Warwick Hellborg Mono 500w power amp

Warwick Hellborg Hi Cab (2x12)

Warwick Hellborg Lo Cab (1x15)

joined by my 97 streamer LX

Complete U-turn for me as far as rig philosophy is concerned in that its heavy as hell, but it sounds incredible 

 

So heavy, the sheer gravity of the rig prevented you from taking a photo?!

Come on man, you knows the rules - pics or it didn’t happen!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, EBS_freak said:

You like Warwick then I presume?

In much the same way as you like EBS I imagine :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Pea Turgh said:

So heavy, the sheer gravity of the rig prevented you from taking a photo?!

Come on man, you knows the rules - pics or it didn’t happen!

Technical issues 😛 photo now posted

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, funkypenguin said:

In much the same way as you like EBS I imagine :) 

Despite my name, I dont use it anymore!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, EBS_freak said:

Despite my name, I dont use it anymore!

Could've been worse: you could have had a tattoo... 😕😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Muzz said:

Could've been worse: you could have had a tattoo... 😕😀

Err... funny you should mention that...

 

I joke.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@funkypenguin Youngest is not fussed about bass gear but has a keen eye for spotting a UCS Imperial Star Destroyer... The Force is strong in my youngest!

Edited by PaulThePlug
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, PaulThePlug said:

@funkypenguin Youngest is not fussed about bass gear but has a keen eye for spotting a UCS Imperial Star Destroyer... The Force is strong in my youngest!

Well spotted! The force is indeed strong with your youngest!

The Star Destroyer was a present from my better half, she remembered me staring at the same model in the lego store in NYC while we were on our honeymoon last year. I wasn't in a position to buy it then and it would been hell trying to get it back to the UK, but she remembered it and surprised me with it last month! My desk has now been repurposed until I can find a suitable display case for it! Once we eventually get into a house of our own in the next couple of years, this and my UCS X wing will make quite a nice pair in my home studio!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After doing some hard thinking over that last few weeks I decided to do a bit of downsizing. I’ve donated the Ashdown 8x10” and a Laney 4x10” to a local music venue. They will be used as in house backline, once gigs happen again, and also in their new recording studio they’re setting up in their basement.

So for now my rig is this (apologies in advance to those of a sensitive nature):

8E4DDF05-2DBC-4FF5-BA30-A497BD7EA315.thumb.jpeg.e62cc189cab188015fb139a9f57b7847.jpeg

it sounds bloody good. In fact I prefer it to the 8x10”. Next year I’ll be looking for something new, cab wise. Not decided on what yet...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, bartelby said:

After doing some hard thinking over that last few weeks I decided to do a bit of downsizing. I’ve donated the Ashdown 8x10” and a Laney 4x10” to a local music venue. They will be used as in house backline, once gigs happen again, and also in their new recording studio they’re setting up in their basement.

So for now my rig is this (apologies in advance to those of a sensitive nature):

8E4DDF05-2DBC-4FF5-BA30-A497BD7EA315.thumb.jpeg.e62cc189cab188015fb139a9f57b7847.jpeg

it sounds bloody good. In fact I prefer it to the 8x10”. Next year I’ll be looking for something new, cab wise. Not decided on what yet...

 

What cabs are they?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Pea Turgh said:

What cabs are they?

IIRC, they’re cabs that were made for the Ashdown ABM mini range (4x8” and 1x15”). But were left overs when they updated the design. So got loaded with Celestions. They had white piping on, but I changed that to yellow to match the Mark Bass head I was using at the time.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...