Why become a member? ×

Show us your rig!

ped

Have you ever actually needed both QSCs? I have low-level GAS for a FRFR rig, but I've only ever tried (at shop volume) cheaper wedges (like the Headrush), and they didn't sound like they'd cut it at higher volumes...

Edited by Muzz

3 hours ago, Muzz said:

Have you ever actually needed both QSCs? I have low-level GAS for a FRFR rig, but I've only ever tried (at shop volume) cheaper wedges (like the Headrush), and they didn't sound like they'd cut it at higher volumes...

Not yet, but then I've only had them for a few gigs given that it's been lockdown all year. I am a little worried about the 5 or so biker rallies we play every year in big outdoor tents like the picture of the BF rig above, but in theory the (professionally provided) pa can handle those. I do maybe see a situation where I've got one wedge in front of me like normal and then another behind me being effectively a bass amp, but I haven't needed that yet. I'm very fortunate that both bands I play in have great PA systems (that I am the soundman of) and aren't overly loud. I mean, it's earplugs-required on both stages, but it's not like death metal loud.

3 hours ago, Frank Blank said:

Lovely. What is the QSC resting on? I have a mat from B&Q that does the job but that looks entirely rore the part.

There's some weird forced perspective in that shot that make the speaker look huge but it's the same size as the stand. The stand itself is Thomann's rip off own brand version of the Auralex Gramma pad. My whole house is just raw floorboards and so having the wedge on an isolator really helps. In fact a christmas holiday project of mine is to redo the acoustic treatment in my office.

IMG_20201209_155554.jpg

Edited by Jack

5 minutes ago, Jack said:

Not yet, but then I've only had them for a few gigs given that it's been lockdown all year. I am a little worried about the 5 or so biker rallies we play every year in big outdoor tents like the picture of the BF rig above, but in theory the (provided) pa can handle those. I do maybe see a situation where I've got one wedge in front of me like normal and then another behind me being effectively a bass amp, but I haven't needed that yet.

There's some weird forced perspective in that shot that make the speaker look huge but it's the same size as the stand. The stand itself is Thomann's rip off own brand version of the Auralex Gramma pad. My whole house is just raw floorboards and so having the wedge on an isolator really helps. In fact a christmas holiday project of mine is to redo the acoustic treatment in my office.

IMG_20201209_155554.jpg

That's great, thanks for the pic. I shall be buying one of those!

6 hours ago, Muzz said:

I really cannot understand it when people say that - with the Super Twin it's very, very loud (plenty for hearing-protection-in rehearsals with 2 x Marshall 100w/410 geeetards and a shed-building drummer) and with both cabs it's stacktastically deafening...I had the chance a while back to run it through a rehearsal room Ampeg fridge, and it was huuuge through that, too...

I too am a lover of the Walkabout head.I've had mine since about 2004 with some mesa cabs. These days I mainly use it with my BBII and it is great. The fan on mine is a bit noisy though but not noticeable on a gig. 

• 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, maidens97 said:

My first outing tonight with the CTM300 and the 810, it sounded amazing I’m totally converted to valve amps finally!

15003B95-5531-41C1-9A5F-DA100B61623E.jpeg

That is THE rig I would have loved, sadly one flight of stairs and 30 years too many are in the way of that ever happening.

• Like 1