Why become a member? ×

Would you buy/play a pink jazz? With Pic

bubinga5

Just wondering what everyone thought of pink basses...i have the chance to bag a stunning shell pink custom shop jazz with gold hardwear..its a 62, with the most amazing flame maple neck.....Hope Nic doesnt mind me talking about his bass!!!

Any thoughts...

its exactly the same as this but with gold hardwear

Edited by bubinga5

Personally I don't get it (but then I'm hung up on Surf Green which isn't to everyone's taste). I can appreciate that a shell pink guitar may look nice on it's own but then you have to imagine being up on stage with it and ask yourself "Who am I more likely to get chatted up by after the gig? The blonde or the guy in the leather cap with a fetching Mexican moustache". Now fluorescent pink.... :)

Have and do play a pink Fender.
Its the Mark Hoppus sig.
Never been chatted up by a leather-capped chap after a gig using it, but have been by plenty of blondes (most of them female too) :)
Guess it depends on the gig and the venue.
Its a classic colour and the test of a real bass player!!!

also the Hoppus is the best sounding stock mex Fender ever built. FACT!!!

burgundy/pink?

Yeah, i'm all over it - the boys in the band didn't get it when i said 'it's metallic pink' until they saw it.

I know LozBass has just got a Pink Nordy - hoping he tires of it quickly and offers it to me!

Takes a real man to play a pink bass. I'm still searching for a Pink Paisley 54 P-Bass reissue.

Trav

Pink is a good colour, and looks classy as hell, and cool.

I say go for it. Im not into gold hardware but thats me.

Ive seen one of those Stingray Classics in Pink and it was stunning.

Edit: Here we go [url="http://s567.photobucket.com/albums/ss113/obikenobi_2009/"]PINK RAY[/url]

Edited by Musicman20

[quote name='bubinga5' post='861352' date='Jun 8 2010, 07:07 PM']Just wondering what everyone thought of pink basses...i have the chance to bag a stunning shell pink custom shop jazz with gold hardwear..its a 62, with the most amazing flame maple neck....do you think it may be easy to sell on if i wanted to..Hope Nic doesnt mind me talking about his bass!!!

Any thoughts...[/quote]

Just had a look at the pics. under the orangey light/colour cast, it doesn't look particularly pink, it just looks really nice. If all the other ingredients are there, i.e '62 custom shop jazz, flame maple neck, go for it.

Balcro.

[quote name='bubinga5' post='861441' date='Jun 8 2010, 08:41 PM']This is it...hope the someone doesnt mind me showing it..[/quote]

BUY IT...!

Or,

Where is it so i can

Or,

BUY IT; AND SELL IT ME FOR A MASSIVELY REDUCED PRICE WHEN YOU HAVE A CHANGE OF HEART!

trav

[quote name='cameltoe' post='861376' date='Jun 8 2010, 07:34 PM']I wouldn't care, if the gold hardware didn't over campify it.[/quote]

Campify? Heh, heh.

[quote name='Ou7shined' post='861363' date='Jun 8 2010, 07:22 PM']Personally I don't get it (but then I'm hung up on Surf Green which isn't to everyone's taste).[/quote]

Yeah, I'm gaying out to Sonic Blue at the moment. What's going on?

[quote name='bubinga5' post='861352' date='Jun 8 2010, 07:07 PM']Just wondering what everyone thought of pink basses... Any thoughts...[/quote]

Go for it.