Why become a member? ×

RIP paul gray of slipknot

Somebody's arsing around with his Wikipedia listing -- but this is the link it's based on:

[url="http://www.desmoinesregister.com/article/20100524/NEWS/100524023/Police-Slipknot-bassist-found-dead-at-Urbandale-hotel"]DesMoines Register[/url]

Cheers

Mark

[quote name='leonshelley01' post='846987' date='May 24 2010, 10:41 PM']First Peter Steele, then RJD and now Paul Gray. A bad few weeks.[/quote]
My thoughts exactly - very sad & shocking run of tragedies. :)

Jon.

No! I heard this too and couldn't believe it...Slipknot where and still are a huge inspiration to me, from 14 to my current age of 23...
Paul Grey in some ppls eyes inst the greatest player but he just did what was needed, he was skilled outside of Slipknot but thats not the point.
He was the main man behind it, and one of the 3 original members from Slipknots original phase (a funk-core band, like chilli's but heavier).

Paul Grey was troubled but always happy with the fans, truly he achieved what many can only dream of...but DAMN this is a hit to the heart!
Jus goes to show how much an artist inspires you when their death causes a part of you to die inside...Paul Grey will always be one of my inspirations, even if he is overshadowed as being nothing but the typical metal bassist...Constantly haunched over as he played live...
I'm happy I got to front of stage last year @ Download and caught his attention...but...that was only a year ago...He cant be dead now can he?
I'm afraid he is... :,-(

R.I.P Paul Grey...Heroes get remembered...but Legends never die...Your memory will live on and each note I play is a tribute to you.
My thoughts go to his wife Brenna and his child...
3 well known Metal Giants dead in such a short period of time...these are dark days for metal...

RIP Paul Gray.

Such a shame when something like this happens to someone so young and a family man to boot.

Bass wise, you have to be decent to keep up with Slipknot and still put on the performance like he did at every show. he will be missed from the line up, I doubt no one else would be able to put in some much energy and drama as he did.