Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

So it's trivial and it should be what I want..

HMX

I have one of these great basses:

And I would really like to change the pickguard - to a darker colour perhaps.

I was thinking either brown tort OR black. I play a bit of everything - mostly rock, punk and a little bit of groovy stuff (bit of metal too :rolleyes: )

Which one do you guys think - or another to suggest that would look pleasant?

I know it's rather insignificant, but I'd like opinions :) Thanks

Edited by HMX

[quote name='El Bajo' post='837912' date='May 15 2010, 09:07 AM']Black or red for me.

And what is a Boltener doing so far south, usually we don't venture pass Manchester, theres no need we have verything we could possibly want here :rolleyes:[/quote]
Fair point mate, I moved down here 4 years ago with family. I miss my season ticket :)

[quote name='Bassassin' post='837929' date='May 15 2010, 09:37 AM']White pearl - or why not black pearl? Never seen that on a black/rosewood/pearl blocks J before, I think it would look great.

Jon.[/quote]
Thanks for that, I'm thinking of how black pearl would look now, for some reason I want to stay away from the lighter colours.

My black jazz came with a black pickguard. The sunburst one came with white parchment. Couldn't be happier with both of them.

I'm occasionally tempted by a Phil Lynott style mirror, but then remind myself that I don't have a roadie to polish it.

[quote name='Alien' post='837990' date='May 15 2010, 10:59 AM']^ What he said

A[/quote]

I've voted black as I am feeling the 'black on black' love at the moment with my 'Deacon' bass - however - the mirror guard is a great idea!

OR - as recently posted on BC - get a clear guard and place a photograph underneath it! Then you can change the guard to whatever you want as your mood suits. I think it looked brilliant!! - But I can't remember WHO posted it or where it was!!

I was thinking of something like a photograph of a circuit board, or a picture of a piece of curly maple?? Something a bit different!

[quote name='dood' post='838015' date='May 15 2010, 11:25 AM']I've voted black as I am feeling the 'black on black' love at the moment with my 'Deacon' bass - however - the mirror guard is a great idea!

OR - as recently posted on BC - get a clear guard and place a photograph underneath it! Then you can change the guard to whatever you want as your mood suits. I think it looked brilliant!! - But I can't remember WHO posted it or where it was!!

I was thinking of something like a photograph of a circuit board, or a picture of a piece of curly maple?? Something a bit different![/quote]

You were thinking of this:
[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=83877"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=83877[/url]

:)

[quote name='allighatt0r' post='838018' date='May 15 2010, 11:31 AM']You were thinking of this:
[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=83877"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=83877[/url]

:)[/quote]

Indeed I was! Thank you so much! :rolleyes:

why dont you have a mess around in Photoshop or sumsuch, then you can try any colour or pattern of pick cover you can think of. First off take a good quality pic of the Fender to base it on, then try any colour or pattern. There are a few different methods to do this in Photoshop, or if you dont have that maybe someone could suggest a free or time limited programme ?
(Is Paintshop Pro still going anyone know ?)