bremen

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Straightforward and hasslefree transaction. Thank's G.Mac for answering all my questions without delay and organising the transport professionally.  I would gladly deal again for other items I might need in the future.  

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

After years of living in West Sussex,  I moved to Central Bedfordshire last year and one of my worries at the time was about finding someone locally that I could trust to work on my basses.. 

It turns out I needn't have worried at all, as one of Basschat's finest, Gary aka@gary mac, lives not too far away from me in Hertfordshire. 

Spin forward 9 months or so and in recent weeks, Gary has done some fantastic work on 3 of my basses including basic set-ups, fretboard work, solving earthing problems and copper screening control cavities, as well as realigning a bridge by 2 mms on a bass I bought recently. 

All basses now play beautifully and sound great, with not a whisper of earthing hum or buzzing to be found... 😎

To say I'm pleased would be a massive understatement - I'm absolutely delighted and will be taking some of my other instruments to Gary for the same treatment. 

As if all that weren't enough, it turns out Gary's mum lives over the road from my lovely aunt in Cheshunt and that Gary has known very close cousins of mine for years - what a small world!! 😁

Anyway back on topic, Gary's work is excellent, his turnaround times are good and he charges a very fair price indeed for the quality of service he provides, so if you're local enough to him, then I can't recommend him highly enough! 

Thanks Gary and see you again soon no doubt.. 👍😎

Nik 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Just had a set of J/MM pickups installed by Gary into a Cort GB 75 and dealing was Gary was an absolute pleasure from start to finish.

So glad to finally have a tech in my neighbourhood who knows what he's doing, how to communicate and is an all-round standup gent!

I highly recommend Gary for anyone in the area of Hoddesdon!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

More positive feedback for

On 27/02/2022 at 10:07, silverfoxnik said:

After years of living in West Sussex,  I moved to Central Bedfordshire last year and one of my worries at the time was about finding someone locally that I could trust to work on my basses.. 

It turns out I needn't have worried at all, as one of Basschat's finest, Gary aka@gary mac, lives not too far away from me in Hertfordshire. 

Spin forward 9 months or so and in recent weeks, Gary has done some fantastic work on 3 of my basses including basic set-ups, fretboard work, solving earthing problems and copper screening control cavities, as well as realigning a bridge by 2 mms on a bass I bought recently. 

All basses now play beautifully and sound great, with not a whisper of earthing hum or buzzing to be found... 😎

To say I'm pleased would be a massive understatement - I'm absolutely delighted and will be taking some of my other instruments to Gary for the same treatment. 

As if all that weren't enough, it turns out Gary's mum lives over the road from my lovely aunt in Cheshunt and that Gary has known very close cousins of mine for years - what a small world!! 😁

Anyway back on topic, Gary's work is excellent, his turnaround times are good and he charges a very fair price indeed for the quality of service he provides, so if you're local enough to him, then I can't recommend him highly enough! 

Thanks Gary and see you again soon no doubt.. 👍😎

Nik 

More positive feedback for Gary from me, only this time it's for doing a lovely set up on my electro-acoustic guitar, which now plays beautifully and sounds great! 

Thanks again for another great piece of work (and for your patience) @gary mac 👍😊

• 1 month later...

Gary has just completed some work on a used Sandberg Electra that came with some issues.

It needed bodywork, fretwork and electrics to be sorted, and Gary was great for all of it, with plenty of helpful suggestions and advice thrown in for free!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

It's always a pleasure dealing with @gary mac.

Apart from doing yet another great set up job on 2 of my basses last week, Gary did both jobs really quickly for me as I needed them for a recording session. 

For any North London, Herts, Essex Basschatters looking to have some work done on their basses or guitars, look no further than Gary! 

Thanks again Gary.... 👍😊

Edited by silverfoxnik
  • Like 2

• 5 months later...

Gary just scored my Genz amp, and it was a no fuss transaction. Just how things should be.  A far cry from the tyre kicker member that said he'd buy it, then told me a pack of lies.

Cheers hombre - have fun Friday  :)

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Gary has just installed a passive/active volume control on my new MTD Kingston.

At the same time, he straightened the neck on my Spector Coda  - for free!

Over the past few months he also did a setup on my stepson’s Ibanez SR1605 (“it’s never played as well”), and repaired a bridge on friend’s son’s classical 6 string (“he was so nice and helpful, and did a great job”).

Highly recommended!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...