Why become a member? ×

73 Jazz, phwoar

Clarky

Well here is my 73 Jazz, the non-identical twin of my 72 Precision (see avatar pic). Bought off eBay last week, I have replaced the heavy duty after-market bridge with a real 70s Jazz bridge (courtesy of The Bass Doc) and swapped some horrid EMG pickups for Wizard 84's (nice Jazz tone, decent output). Slightly more mojo'd than my Precision, and surprisingly weighs about the same (ie, on the light side, no more than 9lbs I guess).

Pic quality not great (the sunburst is more pronounced like my Precision with lots of red) but you get the gist.

[attachment=41729:Clarky_J...bass_072.JPG][attachment=41726:Clarky_J...bass_070.JPG]
[attachment=41727:Clarky_J...bass_071.JPG][attachment=41728:Clarky_J...bass_073.JPG]

Edited by Clarky

[quote name='bcbass' post='733361' date='Feb 2 2010, 07:39 PM']Congratulation,very nice,hopefuly you are now GAS free.[/quote]
Thanks! Other than re-shuffling my beater bass (I am buying back my old oly white one "Sid" off BC'er Sean) there is nowhere left me for me to go GAS-wise as I don't get on with 5'ers and am too rubbish for fretless. Weird feeling I can tell you. Maybe I should get into pedals or perhaps learn to play bass properly :-)

[quote name='Clarky' post='733373' date='Feb 2 2010, 07:51 PM']or perhaps learn to play bass properly :-)[/quote]

Meh, I heard its over rated. Though i've never tried it.

Lovely pair, in fact, probably not far off my dream pair aside from i'd have had black PG's on mine. One day...!

If you want rid of the EMGS on the cheap let me know? I want to do some experimenting :)

[quote name='tredders' post='734505' date='Feb 3 2010, 09:11 PM']That's gorgeous Clarky. Did you sell the Nash in the end?[/quote]
Thanks tredders!

regarding Nash, not yet - I am hoping to show it to a potential buyer at the weekend. If I'm completely honest the Nash is every bit as good a bass as this old Fender, it just doesn't have that 'aspire factor' that comes - to me at least - with a true vintage Fender (in this case, one that has been around for nearly 40 years). I can see why Nash basses are so uniformly lauded on th'internet and played by the likes of Rob Trujillo. We'll see what the other BC'er thinks ...

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='734533' date='Feb 3 2010, 09:35 PM']Nice bass mate, if you ever want it re-finned in yellow give me a shout.[/quote]

Wayne, the scary thing is I think that you are serious :)

That is seriously nice. I showed my woman the pics, trying to drop a hint and all she said was "nice rug". Bloody women, can`t live with em....

Jez

[quote name='Clarky' post='734511' date='Feb 3 2010, 09:17 PM']regarding Nash, not yet - I am hoping to show it to a potential buyer at the weekend. If I'm completely honest the Nash is every bit as good a bass as this old Fender, it just doesn't have that 'aspire factor' that comes - to me at least - with a true vintage Fender (in this case, one that has been around for nearly 40 years). I can see why Nash basses are so uniformly lauded on th'internet and played by the likes of Rob Trujillo. We'll see what the other BC'er thinks ...[/quote]

Good, I hope it gets sold this weekend, cos it's giving me terrible GAS....