Why become a member? ×

Weather + Amp delivery = MASSIVE DELAY

jamesbass116

hey guys,

this is pretty old news now but i need to fume the last bits before i go back to school.
last saturday i had just taken order of my brand new hartke hydrive combo, i was expecting wednesday delivery and i was over the moon that i'd have it over two weeks before the musical i'm doing.

BUT NO
england decided to snow in, practically ruining all of my plans, this left me in a deep pit of anger and depression. i managed to phone up bass centre, which is where i ordered the amp from.. here's how the predicted delivery time went 'sorry mate, cos of the weather you'll be getting your amp at the earliest next friday'

...............so even though getting time off school was fun and all... i'm without my big investment of 2010, the amp that will undoubtedly be my amp for the next.......well a long time lets say.

this will leave me with at MOST 4 days, to play through, find my settings and try to find any faults on the amp before the musical dates set in. ARGH

ok. that's me done now, i would like to congratulate mother nature for delaying my amp delivery by at the least, a week.

i'd also like to say that the bass centre were very supportive on the matter though, and offered ANOTHER free set of strings with the delivery

thanks for bearing my rant!

James

Edited by jamesbass116

[quote name='BurritoBass' post='708282' date='Jan 10 2010, 10:23 PM']For what it's worth I've got a bass amp head that is stuck at the depot still. You are not alone[/quote]
makes three of us. I bought a 70RI Fender CIJ Precision off a BCer last week and he paid for 24 hr delivery with pickup on Wednesday. Great I thought as I can noodle and adjust it over the weekend. Not even picked up from the seller by Friday evening ....

Still, worse things happen at sea!

Edited by Clarky

Sorry if this makes you all more miserable, but I bought a bass on ebay last Sunday night, from a seller in Shropshire and Parcelforce delivered it on Thursday. A speaker stand and some lights I bought Monday arrived Wednesday, the worst day for snow here.

The bass is an Arctic White Epi TBird, so if I hold it up to the window it disappears.

Edited by spinynorman

[quote name='gary mac' post='708286' date='Jan 10 2010, 10:29 PM']I know it's frustrating. But nature didn't just single you out. It sucks, but there are worse things happening to an awful lot of people.[/quote]

Yeah come on mate, grow up a bit, its hardly the end of the world. Also, 4 DAYS?! How is that a problem, 4 hours would be plenty more than enough time to get it figured out.

Late amp delivery? Yup, makes all those people who have starved because meals on wheels hasn't been able to reach them or frozen because they can't afford fuel on their pensions or slipped and broken bones pale into insignificance.

If that is truly the worst thing that happens to you this year, young man, then you are blessed.

[quote name='jamesbass116' post='708273' date='Jan 10 2010, 10:17 PM']this will leave me with at MOST 4 days, to play through, find my settings and try to find any faults on the amp before the musical dates set in. ARGH[/quote]

Plenty of time, assuming there's nothing wrong with it when it arrives. But if there was something wrong with it then receiving it this Wednesday wouldn't make any difference.

Have to say though I've had no issues with deliveries during this snowfest, had a few bits and bobs turn up through ****tylink and ParcelFarce with no delays.

listen guys,

i didn't mean for this to basically develop into a personal attack on me ok?

yes i over-exaggerated.....a lot, but COME ON, i was just venting, my amp's gunna arrive just over two weeks late, sure it's only an amp to you guys, but for me this is a serious investment and it's delay by two weeks is an issue for me, an issue thats nothing compared to all the horrible things that happened to people in this weather obviously

and yes i'm still young, but that doesnt mean i haven't got permission to get angry at something. its honestly like you guys think i have no experience as a gigging bassist!!!

here's the kicker though, here was me thinking all the guys on basschat were nice friendly people, 'sorry to hear about your delay' kind of thing, obviously i didn't get those cos i sounded like a spoiled brat in my original post... which i acknowledge but if i was 20 years older there would be a different kind of atmosphere in this thread.

sorry for wasting your time with this rubbish thread,

James

[quote name='jamesbass116' post='708826' date='Jan 11 2010, 01:58 PM']obviously i didn't get those cos i sounded like a spoiled brat in my original post... which i acknowledge but if i was 20 years older there would be a different kind of atmosphere in this thread.[/quote]

You're openly acknowledging you think you sounded like a spoiled brat in the OP (I didn't think that!). No-one would get away with that on BC no matter how old they are. You'll see plenty of abuse thrown at pensioners on here if you hang around :)

[quote name='cheddatom' post='708830' date='Jan 11 2010, 02:00 PM']You're openly acknowledging you think you sounded like a spoiled brat in the OP (I didn't think that!). No-one would get away with that on BC no matter how old they are. You'll see plenty of abuse thrown at pensioners on here if you hang around :)[/quote]

haha really?, i'll need to try and hunt down some of these threads..

The Bass Centre strikes again.
That does pretty much suck for you though. You don't need long to figure out how to get a good sound
out of the amp.

It's a shame you didn't try these guys www.theacademyofsound.co.uk
they've got great deals on Harke Hydrive gear.

Tis very frustrating when you're excited about new gear and something goes wrong beyond your influence. I think I was pretty lucky with my deliveries over the last snowy week - new ipod, Peavey head and Hartke cab all turned up just one day later than expected. Hang on in there!
Get the details of the courier company and a tracking number if you can, just to make sure it's left the shop and on its way

[quote name='jamesbass116' post='708826' date='Jan 11 2010, 01:58 PM']sorry for wasting your time with this rubbish thread,[/quote]

Relax James, it's only a couple of neg posts amidst some genuine commiseration! Most here are in sympathy with your plight, including me :) In my case, a few days ago I bought something while accidentally selecting 'next day delivery' which cost me an extra tenner on a £50 toner cart. :rolleyes:

Don't fret, four days should be enough to wrap your head round your new baby and Hartke have a pretty good rep for reliability, so deferred pleasure aside, you should be fine. Hopefully, you've got a back-up. If not, BC [i]is[/i] the sort of place where people have been known to lend each other amps from time to time. (But not me).

As for the age thing - well, no one's picking on you because you're at school. Simply warning you that life's a long, bitter, thankless march towards a slow, agonising death, unless you're lucky enough to be hit by an asteroid.

Just a heads-up, y'see.

Edited by skankdelvar

[quote name='largo' post='708837' date='Jan 11 2010, 02:05 PM']Can I presume, James that you still have the Lowdown combo? Or do you have no amp to do your musical with if this gets delayed again?[/quote]
the lowdown
i have it yes, but when i moved it up to my room for some practice i turned it on it wouldn't make any sounds, i found out that it's a wiring problem between the amp and speaker, thing is i have NO idea what to do with it. so i do have it.. but it doesnt work haha

that was the 'catalyst' to my childish rant you could say

[quote name='Doddy' post='708844' date='Jan 11 2010, 02:09 PM']The Bass Centre strikes again.[/quote]

To be fair, they've offered to throw in a set of strings for free because of circumstances completely out of their control that has affected most of the country. I think they've been quite generous.

[quote name='Dubs' post='708854' date='Jan 11 2010, 02:17 PM']To be fair, they've offered to throw in a set of strings for free because of circumstances completely out of their control that has affected most of the country. I think they've been quite generous.[/quote]
exactly! they didn't NEED to throw in the extra set haha

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='708868' date='Jan 11 2010, 02:24 PM']You could try taking it to a repairer?[/quote]
i've been trying to find someone local to me, but the most convenient place that did repairs (harrow music schop) has closed down, i was checking out repair shops to get a grounding problem in my bass fixed, which is why i know.
there was a contact on the luthiers thread on this site but he hasn't replied to my week old email yet