Why become a member? ×

I havent....

Shockwave

Bought a bass since September 9th! Doing pretty well i think!

Yeah i am having withdrawel symptoms and i bought a Amp and cab during that time. But its still not a bass!

Maybe i should sell one of the Pedullas and by something with uphold my image!

What was the longest time any of you lot went without buying a bass?

[quote name='Shockwave' post='652746' date='Nov 12 2009, 04:18 PM']Bought a bass since September 9th! Doing pretty well i think!

Yeah i am having withdrawel symptoms and i bought a Amp and cab during that time. But its still not a bass!

What was the longest time any of you lot went without buying a bass?[/quote]
Well done Rob!

Longest time I went without buying a bass was about twenty years.. from when I was 0 until I was 20! Soon as I had a job and some moneyI bought a Ric 4003! It's been downhill ever since... :)

When I started playing bass, I bought a Squire P bass special and payed, wait for it, £230 and that was around 9 years ago! Didnt buy much for the first few years, so went about 3 or 4 years with the Squire, then another 1 or 2 over the next few years and after a while joined this site.......

Bought umpteen basses this year and the latest escapade is scary. I haven`t been working for the last few weeks and even sold my Stingray. So I am basically skint. Today I recieved a wee cheque from the inland revenue (I know, they will want it back soon), went down to guitarguitar to buy a new stand. Do you know what`s coming...

Ended up buying a s/h, as new US 08 P bass. GAS strikes again!!!!

Jez :)

[quote name='Shockwave' post='652746' date='Nov 12 2009, 04:18 PM']Bought a bass since September 9th! Doing pretty well i think!

What was the longest time any of you lot went without buying a bass?[/quote]
20 + years

4 years I think? I had a spate of chopping and changing in the last two (bought one, sold it, bought another, now selling my old workhorse).

Things are slowing down now. I just want to get rid of the excess ones I have at present.

Edited by mcgraham