Why become a member? ×

Bass pics you have to keep coming back to

GreeneKing

[quote name='dood' post='584416' date='Aug 29 2009, 12:38 PM']Call me a great big softie if you like, I don't care he he he!! I still smile when I open up my cases and see my dream basses in front of me. Simple clean lines, a beautiful peice of maple and a flip paint finish so I never have to think I chose the wrong colour :) :rolleyes: :lol: Metallic Purple? Blue? Green? what will it be today?!

[attachment=31829:DoodleAndBaby.JPG][/quote]
Ah yes, the SallyDoodle nearlytwins :lol:

[quote name='purpleblob' post='584988' date='Aug 30 2009, 10:27 AM']And aplogies to 6stringbassist (yes I covert my fellow BC'ers Sei 6 string single cutaway)

[attachment=31875:P1010050.JPG][/quote]
I covet that Wechter (yes?) acoustic. Want it.

[quote name='Jobiebass' post='586629' date='Sep 1 2009, 04:28 PM']Wow!!!!!!!!

what are those pickups? first tiem ive ever seen them. anyone know who makes them and what they sound like?[/quote]

According to the website they're a Nordstrand P and a DiMarzio Ultra Jazz.

Edited by ezbass

[quote name='purpleblob' post='584988' date='Aug 30 2009, 10:27 AM']I keep getting drawn to view this beautiful Wal 5 string every now and again. The beech top is stunning and having a Wal myself I know how good it will sound.

[/quote]

Ah, that bass was made for me. Should never have sold it - how many times have I said that to myself about different basses over the years! - but at least I replaced it with another Wal....

[quote name='walbassist' post='588664' date='Sep 3 2009, 03:31 PM']Ah, that bass was made for me. Should never have sold it - how many times have I said that to myself about different basses over the years! - but at least I replaced it with another Wal....

[/quote]

That's insane! I love the detail too - the wood pickup casings, the wood bindings around the pickup cavities, the laminates beneath the top. Just gorgeous. I like the beech top better, but the spalted maple is very pretty too. What gorgeous basses!

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='GreeneKing' post='583155' date='Aug 28 2009, 07:13 AM']Every now and again someone posts a photo of a bass that is so stunning I keep finding myself revisiting it over and over again to drool. Sometimes it's just one particular shot that appeals to the bass fetish in me.

The most recent, that I've checked out 3 times just for the warm feeling it gives me, is this one:

There are a fair few more. What's yours?[/quote]

Yeah. It is lovely innit? The Finn is the best looking AC, in my opinion. How much more black....?