Why become a member? ×

Sei Jazz 5 with a 70's vibe

largo

Sorry folks that it's taken so long to post pics. I'm actually contemplating selling this beauty, hence taking a few pics.
This was built to my specification by Martin Petersen back in 2007. Spec as below.

Sei Jazz 5
34" scale with 21 frets
18mm string spacing
Swamp Ash body, with internal cavities to reduce overall weight
Birdseye Maple neck
Brazilian, yes I did say Brazilian Rosewood fingerboard with pearl block inlays + white binding
Olympic White finish with matching headstock
Nordstrand Big Single pickups
J-Retro deluxe preamp with custom pull on passive tone for side LED's
Violet side LED's

Hope you enjoy, and any serious offers then drop me a PM.

Cheers

Stephen

P.S. I'll get some of my Red, Sparkly Shuker posted sometime soon as well. My #1 bass at the mo' !!!

That's just lovely!

I have a question about the pickups. I'll be taking delivery of a new Jazz made by Regenerate Guitar Works in the US (it's the honeyburst lefty on their website). It's fitted with (I think) identical pickups to yours. Not familiar with them so a little unsure what exactly it's going to sound like. I have a Mexican Jazz upgraded with Fender's own vintage noiseless pups. Any info you can provide by way of comparison would be greatly appreciated. RGW has a Norstrand active as well FWIW.

TIA

Andy

Sorry d-basser, a 6 just isn't for me. Tried it, and it was 1 (some would say 2) strings too many. Thanks though.

[quote name='d-basser' post='556677' date='Jul 30 2009, 11:13 PM']Wouldnt want to trade this for my Sei would you?[/quote]

A few people have enquired about the nut width of the bass.
I'm not really sure how to measure nut width, but width of the actual nut is 45mm and spacing between centre of B & G strings is 37mm give or take.
Hope this helps answers the questions.

And thanks very much for all the positive comments.

• 1 month later...