Why become a member? ×

Which Chorus Pedal?

Linus27

I use something which I doubt many others do. You would have to fish around eBay to find one though but I doubt it would cost you much!

DOD Ice Box Stereo Chorus (FX64). It was made for guitar but worked a million times better on the bass. Cost me £40 new about 6 years ago. Still works perfect and sounds stunning!!!!

[quote name='Silent Fly' post='559447' date='Aug 3 2009, 05:45 PM'][url="http://www.jimdunlop.com/index.php?page=products/pip&id=254"]MXR Stereo Chorus (M-134)[/url][/quote]

Yeah they look fantastic, no doubt sound superb, but they are properly expensive for a chorus arent they!

[quote name='Hamster' post='559969' date='Aug 4 2009, 09:59 AM']AnalogMan Mini Chorus with deep mod - perfect for me[/quote]

[quote name='alexharvay' post='559978' date='Aug 4 2009, 10:12 AM']If I wanted a chorus pedal, that's what I'd go for.[/quote]

Had one. Sold it. Regretted it. Bought Standard Chorus with 3 way depth toggle as I couldn't be bothered to wait for a mini to turn up second hand. Best Chorus pedal ever!

[quote name='Higgie' post='560225' date='Aug 4 2009, 02:28 PM']Had one. Sold it. Regretted it. Bought Standard Chorus with 3 way depth toggle as I couldn't be bothered to wait for a mini to turn up second hand. Best Chorus pedal ever![/quote]

The standard is on my list for the future.

[quote name='Linus27' post='560231' date='Aug 4 2009, 02:37 PM']Where can I buy this in the UK?[/quote]

Not sure about the UK but [url="http://www.buyanalogman.com/"]http://www.buyanalogman.com[/url] is probably where I'd go.

[quote name='thisnameistaken' post='550809' date='Jul 25 2009, 02:49 AM']But yeah, the Boss CEB-3 is pretty good, if you like that sort of thing. It has a crossover on it so you can limit the chorus to upper-register stuff, which is handy.[/quote]

That's my staple Chorus sound, great pedal in my opinion. Well worth the money and you can definitely pick them up for cheaps!

• 2 months later...

[quote name='pantherairsoft' post='553540' date='Jul 28 2009, 08:33 AM']I use something which I doubt many others do. You would have to fish around eBay to find one though but I doubt it would cost you much!

DOD Ice Box Stereo Chorus (FX64). It was made for guitar but worked a million times better on the bass. Cost me £40 new about 6 years ago. Still works perfect and sounds stunning!!!![/quote]

Agreed. I love mine :). It's one of the only choruses I've tried that doesn't sound 'cheesy'. Obviously, that would be the cheap option.

If you've got alot to spend, check out the Analogman chorus, the Red Witch Empress and the Diamond Halo.

[quote name='pantherairsoft' post='553540' date='Jul 28 2009, 08:33 AM']I use something which I doubt many others do. You would have to fish around eBay to find one though but I doubt it would cost you much!

DOD Ice Box Stereo Chorus (FX64). It was made for guitar but worked a million times better on the bass. Cost me £40 new about 6 years ago. Still works perfect and sounds stunning!!!![/quote]
I got one of these on ebay a few weeks ago for £18. It's really very good. Very subtle but useable.