Why become a member? ×

Hit me with your rhythm stick...

[quote name='iamapirate' post='548261' date='Jul 22 2009, 09:31 PM']to be honest, I'm pretty annoyed that people automatically think that because people are young, it means that they're rubbish!

EDIT

steve-soar that wasn't directed at you! :blush:[/quote]It's alright, I didn't start till I was 19.

[quote name='Zoe_BillySheehan' post='547828' date='Jul 22 2009, 04:52 PM']Thought i'd post it here.. because the recording thread doesn't get looked at too much...

its the 6th track down.. hoping ive put the bass high enough in the mix, because ive just played along with the track..

its on here: [url="http://www.myspace.com/zoeheslopbass"]Myspace.com/ZoeHeslopBass[/url]

Thankyooou!

Z
x[/quote]

Seriously well done Zoe! It's really difficult to get through that song without tripping up and losing it. It took me weeks to get it anywhere near that level. Any wibbly bits will sort themselves out as you keep banging away at it.

[quote name='dlloyd' post='548277' date='Jul 22 2009, 09:40 PM']Seriously well done Zoe! It's really difficult to get through that song without tripping up and losing it. It took me weeks to get it anywhere near that level. Any wibbly bits will sort themselves out as you keep banging away at it.[/quote]

cheers :)

x

[quote name='Zoe_BillySheehan' post='548272' date='Jul 22 2009, 09:38 PM']Oh i am :)

Z
x[/quote]

Luckily its not always about how amazing you can play its about having
a good attitude and just being plain cool . . . . :rolleyes:

I play this practically every week in my covers band. It took me ages to nail it and my arms are still dropping off at the end of it after all these years ( we do go into a big 80's jam and if the drummer starts a little quick ...)

I'd probably been playing bass more than your chronological age now before I got anywhere near.

Superb!

[quote name='Faithless' post='548057' date='Jul 22 2009, 07:53 PM']I'm about to get bashed for following, but whatever..

BLAH BLAH BLAH

I'm getting my coat,
Faith.[/quote]

Can you play this?

Could you when you were 17?

Prove it, or keep you negative comments to yourself, they aren't helpful, well intentioned or otherwise. In fact even if you could your attitude is entirely unhelpful in this instance.

Zoe, it was a fine effort, and a real sign of your growing confidence with your playing and your standing on this forum that you posted it knowing its not quite perfect.

We all know the buzz of the breakthrough to get to this point playing a really hard piece. You've really come on, you've clearly put a lot of effort in to your playing and you should be really proud of what you've accomplished. Keep at it and post the result of another couple of months effort on it, I really want to hear it getting better :)

Top!

[quote name='51m0n' post='548446' date='Jul 23 2009, 12:00 AM']Can you play this?

Could you when you were 17?

Prove it, or keep you negative comments to yourself, they aren't helpful, well intentioned or otherwise. In fact even if you could your attitude is entirely unhelpful in this instance.

Zoe, it was a fine effort, and a real sign of your growing confidence with your playing and your standing on this forum that you posted it knowing its not quite perfect.

We all know the buzz of the breakthrough to get to this point playing a really hard piece. You've really come on, you've clearly put a lot of effort in to your playing and you should be really proud of what you've accomplished. Keep at it and post the result of another couple of months effort on it, I really want to hear it getting better :rolleyes:

Top![/quote]

[quote name='tarcher' post='548448' date='Jul 23 2009, 12:02 AM']Really enjoyed listening to that.
By the time I get seven years under my belt I'll be 62.If I get any where near to that standard I'd be happy.
Bloody well done.[/quote]

[quote name='Mr Fudge' post='548452' date='Jul 23 2009, 12:05 AM']IMO this is one of the holy grails of bass playing and I can see from your profile you are a Geddy Lee fan.

Fantastic ...[/quote]

really..thankyou

I do have a lot to work on..
and i am working hard

just got back into bass playing after a good few months of not.. hard to explain.

but yeah, back into it, big time :)

thanks again, mean it.
feels great to be on this forum.

Z
x

I actually think Zoe got her new mate Norman (as evidenced by recent pics of two together) to record that and she is now passing it off as her own... :)

... I'm impressed. I tried this and gave up, to be revisited in a few years when I have better technique.

Question (and with no intention of hijacking the thread) for the panel - I play with a pick and can get the right speed using a pick (even if the notes are kind of muddled). But no way can I play that fast using my fingers. Is it just practice that is required?

Edited by Paul S

[quote name='Paul S' post='548558' date='Jul 23 2009, 08:04 AM']I actually think Zoe got her new mate Norman (as evidenced by recent pics of two together) to record that and she is now passing it off as her own... :rolleyes:

... I'm impressed. I tried this and gave up, to be revisited in a few years when I have better technique.

Question (and with no intention of hijacking the thread) for the panel - I play with a pick and can get the right speed using a pick (even if the notes are kind of muddled). But no way can I play that fast using my fingers. Is it just practice that is required?[/quote]

yeah it still feels awkward trying to play with fingers instead of a pick.
trying to get out of the pick habit though, so parts played with fingers are still sloppy.

and thanks Paul :)

Z
x

[quote name='Mr Fudge' post='548452' date='Jul 23 2009, 12:05 AM']IMO this is one of the holy grails of bass playing and I can see from your profile you are a Geddy Lee fan.

Fantastic ...[/quote]

i LOVE Geddy Lee and his nose :) lol
partly one of the reasons i started playing bass, hearing stuff like Freewill, and La Villa Strangiato.

Z
x