Why become a member? ×

Hit me with your rhythm stick...

[quote name='Zoe_BillySheehan' post='549673' date='Jul 24 2009, 01:45 AM']That..right there.. is EXACTLY what this thread was meant to be about :)

Z
x[/quote]

I have to say. This is one of those bass lines I'd love to be able to play. I'm super impressed and a touch jealous. :rolleyes:

Well done!

(I hope this doesn't read as being patronising)

Zoe,

Well done, this bassline is a beast! I agree that it's not perfect, but it's a fantastic effort and you should be proud of what you have achieved.

Really well done again, keep up the good work!

Cheers

James

[quote name='Zoe_BillySheehan' post='549655' date='Jul 24 2009, 03:19 AM']But remember.. it has to be perfect..
or theres no point..apparently.............

Z
x[/quote]

I think, I won't be going into arguing anymore here for now, as there's just a few folks to constructively discuss things to, maybe I'd just wish you best luck and to take 'other' opinions in a bit other way, rather than 'justificating' yourself by 'dear trying', dedication, or whatever that was sometimes..

That's it,
Cheers,
Faith.

[quote name='Higgie' post='549880' date='Jul 24 2009, 10:36 AM']Zoe,

I agree that it's not perfect, but it's a fantastic effort and you should be proud of what you have achieved.[/quote]

[quote name='Faithless' post='549912' date='Jul 24 2009, 10:50 AM']I think, I won't be going into arguing anymore here for now
Faith.[/quote]

For now??
theres nothing to argue about at all, nevermind about 'for now..'
hmm..

Z
x

First off, thats a great recording you've put together there :) your time feel is top notch! how are you recording? DI'ing from your amp, or going straight into the desk/unit?

about the post of it being 'perfect'....it really depends on what you want, wether you want, as you say, a 'perfect' modern studio type recording, or if you want a more raw sound, complete with imperfections. there is no wrong way to record! and theres always a 'point' to it! its amazing how much you can learn about your own playing through recording.

good job!

ben

[quote name='funkypenguin' post='550267' date='Jul 24 2009, 03:11 PM']First off, thats a great recording you've put together there :) your time feel is top notch! how are you recording? DI'ing from your amp, or going straight into the desk/unit?

about the post of it being 'perfect'....it really depends on what you want, wether you want, as you say, a 'perfect' modern studio type recording, or if you want a more raw sound, complete with imperfections. there is no wrong way to record! and theres always a 'point' to it! its amazing how much you can learn about your own playing through recording.

good job!

ben[/quote]

Cheers! :rolleyes:

im just going straight into my mac. with a 1/4" mono to a 1/8" stereo cable. veryy simple :lol: haha

Z
x

[quote name='Faithless' post='549912' date='Jul 24 2009, 10:50 AM']I think, I won't be going into arguing anymore here for now, as there's just a few folks to constructively discuss things to, maybe I'd just wish you best luck and to take 'other' opinions in a bit other way, rather than 'justificating' yourself by 'dear trying', dedication, or whatever that was sometimes..

That's it,
Cheers,
Faith.[/quote]

Eh? :)

Who's to say or to judge what is perfect or not? :/

Personally I thought you did just fine.... :) but, ultimately, praise or criticism is worthless as long as you, yourself, are happy with your achievement! Life shouldn't be about impressing other people.... it should be about making yourself happy.

You go girl!!

[quote name='cetera' post='550307' date='Jul 24 2009, 03:42 PM']Who's to say or to judge what is perfect or not? :/

Personally I thought you did just fine.... :) but, ultimately, praise or criticism is worthless as long as you, yourself, are happy with your achievement! Life shouldn't be about impressing other people.... it should be about making yourself happy.

You go girl!![/quote]

well i am happy with it :rolleyes:

I am just learning right now, I always will be.
and its my 'personal best' so far..
so yeah, im happy with that :lol:

Thanks again Gary

Z
x

[quote name='SingLadies' post='550469' date='Jul 24 2009, 06:37 PM']Hey Zoe

Just stuck up the unmixed version my Covers band have recorded. I cranked the bass up a bit so you could hear my effort lol.

[url="http://www.myspace.com/singladies"]http://www.myspace.com/singladies[/url]

All the best
Geoff[/quote]

I really like the way you guys have played it.
very nice :)

Z
x

[quote name='Paul S' post='548558' date='Jul 23 2009, 08:04 AM']I actually think Zoe got her new mate Norman (as evidenced by recent pics of two together) to record that and she is now passing it off as her own... :)

... I'm impressed. I tried this and gave up, to be revisited in a few years when I have better technique.

Question (and with no intention of hijacking the thread) for the panel - I play with a pick and can get the right speed using a pick (even if the notes are kind of muddled). But no way can I play that fast using my fingers. Is it just practice that is required?[/quote]
Same here with the pick.

[quote name='lee4' post='551404' date='Jul 25 2009, 09:11 PM']Zoe,I had a listen to some of your other songs.Great tone,great feel!
As musicians,we should never stop learning,and always try to push ourselves.[/quote]

No one every stops learning.
even the VERY best.

and Thanks for having a listen :)
its just simple little things i put together, but i really enjoy it.

Z
x

I'd be chuffed to bits if I thought I could even attempt this one. So credit where credit is due, BRILLIANT.
I've listened to the other stuff on your page and as I said before your damn good.
I'd ignore the stupid comments, they prob got their fingers trapped in a door or somthing. I think most of us would notice that you're skilled enough to know where you need to 'improve'. Although I didn't notice any errors.
Keep on keeping on!

[quote name='RichB' post='551956' date='Jul 26 2009, 06:14 PM']I'd be chuffed to bits if I thought I could even attempt this one. So credit where credit is due, BRILLIANT.
I've listened to the other stuff on your page and as I said before your damn good.
I'd ignore the stupid comments, they prob got their fingers trapped in a door or somthing. I think most of us would notice that you're skilled enough to know where you need to 'improve'. Although I didn't notice any errors.
Keep on keeping on![/quote]

aw thankyou! :rolleyes:

Theres definitely errors, but thats alright, its all a learning curve :)

Z
x

[quote name='RichB' post='551956' date='Jul 26 2009, 08:14 PM']I'd be chuffed to bits if I thought I could even attempt this one. So credit where credit is due, BRILLIANT.
Keep on keeping on![/quote]

And that 'commentator' somehow noticed those few errors. So, that's what separates you two..

But, anyway, maybe that's, what makes it even more stupid, eh? :rolleyes:

nevermind< I'm after 6hours of playing,
But some people are just so funny :)

This is a really hard track to nail at full tilt,i find if i use use the very tips of my fingers its easier,the finger strength of norman watt roy must be well strong. Again well done zoe i have quite small hands(spindly like e.t.) for a bloke so i can imagine for a female to play it,it must be double tough.

Edited by YouMa

[quote name='silddx' post='552175' date='Jul 27 2009, 12:55 AM']I've just come back from three hours of playing. Does that make me half as good as you, or twice as good as you? What is good? What is time? What is playing? What does it all mean? Can we hear your band?[/quote]

I don't know. It was not about the time, actually. I meant, I'm tired, and I'm maybe talking nonsenses. That's it. Take it easy.

[quote name='YouMa' post='552182' date='Jul 26 2009, 11:05 PM']This is a really hard track to nail at full tilt,i find if i use use the very tips of my fingers its easier,the finger strength of norman watt roy must be well strong. Again well done zoe i have quite small hands(spindly like e.t.) for a bloke so i can imagine for a female to play it,it must be double tough.[/quote]

noo not the small hands excuse! lol
i do have small hands, guess you just adapt :)
i mean.. look at Tal Wilkenfeld.. shes tiny bless her, but AMAZING!

Z
x

edit.. typo!

Edited by Zoe_BillySheehan