Why become a member? ×

warwick thread

budget bassist

[quote name='Chris2112' timestamp='1321312720' post='1437819']
Here is my new Warwick, traded from Warwickhunt just a couple of days ago. It's an absolute beauty. It plays brilliantly, it looks fantastic but the real joy is the tone. I plan to get some new photos taken of it tomorrow. I've never been so excited about a bass since I got my ACG, which bodes well!
[/quote]

That is friggin' beautiful.

[quote name='Chris2112' timestamp='1321313949' post='1437843']
Ebony indeed! The tone is so, so good. Can't wait to get it recorded!
[/quote]
Glad you're enjoying it Chris, it was such a waste for that bass to not get out and be gigged but the weight was just too much for me... no probs for a young un like you! :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've had a few days off playing and I have a new set of strings to fit it up with soon, so I am quite looking forward to getting back to playing it. Makes me appreciate the ACG even more. I can get the ACG out to fiddle with and find a multitude of great tones, I can plug the Warwick in and have two great tones! (Bridge pickup soloed, most of the time!)

[quote name='Chris2112' timestamp='1327693621' post='1515619']
I've had a few days off playing and I have a new set of strings to fit it up with soon, so I am quite looking forward to getting back to playing it. Makes me appreciate the ACG even more. I can get the ACG out to fiddle with and find a multitude of great tones, I can plug the Warwick in and have two great tones! (Bridge pickup soloed, most of the time!)
[/quote]

My ACG spec was based on my loved of Warwicks ;)

• 3 weeks later...

I have just acquired this Corvette Standard Actvice Fretless.

[IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c322/Williamwood/DSC_0001-2.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c322/Williamwood/DSC_0011.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c322/Williamwood/DSC_0004-1.jpg[/IMG]

• 1 month later...

[quote name='Jacqueslemac' timestamp='1327680990' post='1515335']
So here's my three-in-a-bed group shot:

[/quote]
Really like your collection there mate, it's not often on here you see a collection of the same bass that fulfill totally different purposes!

Also, I know it's just a little thing, but those coloured string windings against the black headstock look very cool :lol:
Used to have a corvette $$ just like that (dunno if it was you i traded it with?) but I loved it. Now back to a streamer $$, had it a couple of years now and not bought a new bass since! (This is coming from owning 2 or 3 at the same time and buying/trading every 3-6 months)

Thanks for the comments. I'm trying hard to keep my collection the same size it is now. And succeeding at the moment. I bought my $$ from aphook, so I don't think it was your one, although who knows?

I've not yet cracked the fretless thing, but the passive standard is getting more use than I thought it would. I bought it mainly as a back up for the $$, but it gets used as the main one in its own right too.

Edited by Jacqueslemac

Guest BassKS

anyone have a spare 5 string warwick bridge in black for sale? sorry to jump in. one of my saddles has one of the grub screws completely stripped off its threads>
a saddle would be much better (obviously cheaper as well)

thanks

Fatos

Hi all, got a 1990 Thumb 5NT, had a 2005 Thumb 5 BO... although I love the build of the NT, neck shape, no dive etc... I preferred the sound of the 2005 especially on the low B... anyone else noticed this? Are the pickups the same i.e. could I just change the (terribly expensive!!!) preamp??

All help welcome as is a re-direct if this is in the wrong Forum... Mods???

Andy

After obtaining my first Warwick (Corvette Fretless - see above) I really wanted to score another. I did a trade with a fellow chatter for this rather nice Streamer LX4.

[IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c322/Williamwood/Streamer1A.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c322/Williamwood/Streamer2A.jpg[/IMG]

[quote name='Hutton' timestamp='1334588390' post='1618075']
After obtaining my first Warwick (Corvette Fretless - see above) I really wanted to score another. I did a trade with a fellow chatter for this rather nice Streamer LX4.

[/quote]

Wow, stunning bass Hutton. Hope you are enjoying her :)

How you getting on with the fretless? I've not forgotten your suggestion of some fretless bass methods. Putting together a few ideas at the moment to see what works best and maybe develop into something a bit more :)