Why become a member? ×

warwick thread

budget bassist

[quote name='warwickhunt' timestamp='1346587859' post='1790824']
Really nice. I've only ever seen that pup config once before (could be the same bass :D ) so there can't be that many about!
[/quote]

Think it's the same one ;)
I do wonder where it is now, it went off to Norway from me..

Edited by Highfox

Not sure where these might go best but they are Warwick related... so here they are! ;)

I've been asked a couple of times for reference sounds for Warwick basses and though I don't have a fraction of those that I've owned in the past I thought that I'd stick a couple up (thanks to Luke for reminding me... again :D ).

#1 Warwick Streamer Stage I '5th Anniversary' 1984/1987 Bass (info on the youtube footnotes)

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Qd9lvcWRsw&feature=youtu.be"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Qd9lvcWRsw&feature=youtu.be[/url]

sounds good john! :)

The 5th ani one has got a nice fat tone, surprisingly liked it a lot!
The 1990 one sounded more familiar- if slightly brighter sounding- probably the strings (nickels?) the amp cab setup works really well with it.
Which works in the mix better?

I found the dolphin too... I think you need new strings!

My old Warwick 5, it's an 87 Thumb with the one piece bridge, EMG pups and gold hardware, and it was a monster... Sold it to a lovely fellow in the States who collects vintage Warwicks.

Sold it when I thought I'd given up playing seriously and bought a Geddy Lee Jazz and a Squire VMJ fretless, sold those to go back to 5 string when I realised I needed to play some more....!

[attachment=117680:DSC_0012.jpg]
[attachment=117681:DSC_0033.jpg]
[attachment=117682:DSC_0036.jpg]
[attachment=117683:DSC_0038.jpg]

• 2 weeks later...

here are my Warwicks - quite simply the finest, growliest, most versatile and dream to play basses I have ever owned.
first up - the daddy: Thumb NT5 1990 - had it 18 years now and second owner. will have to prise this one from my dead hands!!!
[attachment=118922:thumb 5.jpg]

next: Thumb NT4 1988 - bought from a guy in Italy around 8 years ago. he'd de-fretted it and had, at one time, had a chunky bridge on it so, it's been routed out. original 2 piece bridge on it now and fitted with EMGs so it's a beast!!
[attachment=118924:thumb 4.jpg] ps: it's been waxed since this pic was taken!

finally, this one never leaves the house, I just cant play it so, it's immaculate. its another Thumb NT4 - made in 2005 (I think).
I'll let the photos do the talking:
[attachment=118926:minithumb-front2.jpg] [attachment=118927:minithumb-back2.jpg] [attachment=118928:minithumb-body.jpg]

[quote name='Linus27' timestamp='1347036139' post='1796336']
I'm currently recording a solo album with my two Warwicks and they are sounding amazing. Kind of makes me want to get some more Warwicks but the only two that appeal to me is a Bubinga Corvette Fretless and a P-Nut Streamer.
[/quote]

Like this one?

Next up is a Warwick Proline from 1992 - now defretted
Got a bit of scruffy mojo on this one.
Little backstory on this is that I have a copy of a Bass Centre Receipt for a second hand sale of this to Mr Malcolm Sutherland dated 14/12/2000.
Google leads me to a band named Renia with a bass player named Malcolm Sutherland.
Anybody know any more about this band / bassist?

Edited by bagsieblue