Why become a member? ×

warwick thread

budget bassist

[quote name='goblin' post='1080352' date='Jan 6 2011, 08:02 PM']Cheers :) It looks even better under stage lighting. I'll try and get some better pics of it tomorrow.[/quote]

Ever thought of changing the hardware to black? I think it'd look even better then.

In fact don't do it, it'll give me GAS!

Nah, the chrome twinkles :)

In all fairness the light once caught the hardware, and it reflected the pattern of the pressing of the tone knobs onto the wood, which then led the whole bass lighting up. The photographer was kicking himself 'cause he's a Warwick fan and had never seen anything so amazing happen.

• 4 weeks later...

Picked up this beauty on Saturday, May '90 Warwick Thumb NT Thumb, dream bass :)

the almost quilted bubinga top is just stunning and looks different from every angle :) and the neck is just perfect! More pics to come when my internet connection stops refusing to upload!

Edited by Kev

[quote name='Kev' post='1119435' date='Feb 7 2011, 08:52 PM']Picked up this beauty on Saturday, May '90 Warwick Thumb NT Thumb, dream bass :)

the almost quilted bubinga top is just stunning and looks different from every angle :) and the neck is just perfect! More pics to come when my internet connection stops refusing to upload![/quote]

Lovely, welcome to the club! Was that the one off ebay?? The bubinga looks exactly the same as on my one. Pictures can never do these basses any justice, you have to see them in the flesh to really appreciate them.

• 1 month later...

My trusty 1998 Warwick Thumb Bolt-On.
The slim wenge neck on this bass makes it so easy to play, it's had a lot of a love and feels very worn in.

2006 Warwick Streamer Stage 1.
I custom ordered this with an ebony fretboard, black hardware and a d-tuner.

The Streamer is my go to bass for a great all-rounder, the Thumb is my pick up n' play bass at home and it's seen it's fair share of gigs and recordings.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[quote name='TheGreek' post='1125856' date='Feb 13 2011, 01:25 PM']Finally got a camera that actually works so I'm posting pics of my Bubinga Dophin SN...[/quote]

Off to Australia in the next week or so - be sorry to see her go but I'd rather she was being used than living in the case...

Keep forgetting to put up me Wick.lol.A very rare Warwick Streamette in mint condition!Mirrored active Ps,curved body ala thumb,Birds eye maple plus numerous other woods tboot,really nice player and kickin sound,
[attachment=79736:Streamette1.jpg]
[attachment=79737:Streamette2.jpg]
[attachment=79738:streamette4.jpg]

Edited by mikhay77