Why become a member? ×

warwick thread

budget bassist

Here is my new 2000 Warwick FNA Jazzman that I recently purchased from a fellow BassChatter.
Wrapt with it. Very versatile range of tones. I am just learning to play bass (usually play guitar) and have been using a borrowed MusicMan Stingray (A pretty good first bass that was eh!).

[quote name='Warwick_Official' timestamp='1344701646' post='1768167']
The dolphin is incredible - some people judge it because of its unconventional looks, but its got tone like nothing else! Best of luck!
[/quote]

Talking of which I have had a couple of Warwicks, I do enjoy the tone but the looks put me off a little, would there ever be a more 'conventional' Warwick i.e scratchplated?

[quote name='waynepunkdude' timestamp='1344703603' post='1768186']
Talking of which I have had a couple of Warwicks, I do enjoy the tone but the looks put me off a little, would there ever be a more 'conventional' Warwick i.e scratchplated?
[/quote]

Fortress 'Flashback'?

Steve Bailey

Edited by bartelby

waynepunkdude-

(Thanks bartelby!) - As pictured, the Fortress flashback (now discontinued) and the Steve Bailey model come standard with scratch-plate. You can add one, as both Robert Trujillo and Jäcki Reznicek have done to their Streamer models. If there is something you'd like to see with a scratch-plate, the custom shop can certainly accommodate that. Please let me know if you've got any questions or if I can assist you in any way. Thanks!

[quote name='Warwick_Official' timestamp='1344969845' post='1771858']
Beautiful fretless Thumb Bass, and I love the look of the black strings! Enjoy!
[/quote]
Ahh yes, my new love :) Given how good the strings are on this bass, I'm lusting for a 5 string... imagine the B string! :crazy:

[quote name='warwickhunt' timestamp='1344974317' post='1771965']
Thomastik Infeld Alloys work for me on Warwicks (oddly they don't quite sound as good on my Sterling).
[/quote] flip you've gone up in the world since I first asked what strings you used! I think it was a 3 sets for £10 lot or something :D

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='maldy' timestamp='1345901022' post='1782911']
I have three very lovely warwick 4 strings! A Thumb, Corvette Hot Rod and a Streamer $$ - definitely a Warwick lover! Can't seem to post any pictures from my phone, but will when I'm on my PC next.
[/quote]
OK, it'll be worth waiting for.. any time soon please! ;)

Strangely, I don't have any photos of just my Thumb (apart from gig photos), or the Hot Rod. Will definitely have to take some. The Corvette Hot Rod is an amazing bass even if you just look at it and don't play it! I previously had a Warwick Corvette Std fretless. I parted with that on ebay back in around 2006 to pay for the Streamer $$. Here are some of the photos I took then to advertise it on ebay. Again, a lovely bass and it had that warwick quality.

[quote name='Davewick' timestamp='1346201657' post='1786533']
My "new" '89 Thumb fretless (and stringless xD)
[/quote]

Very nice - how does the fretless sound compared to the non-fretless? I have a Thumb BO and it has been my main bass for years.