Why become a member? ×

warwick thread

budget bassist

• 1 month later...

[quote name='biskitbass' post='787474' date='Mar 26 2010, 11:00 PM']Here's my Warwick Streamer Jazzman 5 string.
Bolt on neck, ash body, wenge fretboard, my main bass.
These were taken from a recording sesh last year and it sound amazing on the record!![/quote]

I have to hold my hands up. I'd never played a Warwick made after '95 that I liked, but I was in a studio in Stockholm over the weekend and spent some quality time with a Streamer Jazzman 5 and was TOTALLY blown away by it. It was the best setup bass I've ever had my hands on (PLEK'd) and sounded totally out of this world right down to the low B. It's on a couple of tracks on the CD I was playing on and sounds the mutts nutts! Might have to look at getting me one of those...

[quote name='Bigwan' post='791639' date='Mar 31 2010, 10:35 AM']I have to hold my hands up. I'd never played a Warwick made after '95 that I liked, but I was in a studio in Stockholm over the weekend and spent some quality time with a Streamer Jazzman 5 and was TOTALLY blown away by it. It was the best setup bass I've ever had my hands on (PLEK'd) and sounded totally out of this world right down to the low B. It's on a couple of tracks on the CD I was playing on and sounds the mutts nutts! Might have to look at getting me one of those...[/quote]

I am also late in the Warwick fold, only getting my Corvette back in January. However, I am also blown away by them. The quality, the tone, the looks, everything. I have serious GAS for a Streamer $$ in natural. I am driving my wife nuts :)

[quote name='bassfan' post='789750' date='Mar 29 2010, 06:49 PM'][attachment=45999:DSCF0025.JPG]

[attachment=46000:DSCF0015.JPG]Evening all...

I see no-one has a bleached blonde on here as yet.. so I'll stick mine up... GASSING badly for a Dirty Blonde too.. anyone got one for sale?[/quote]

Erm....mine is on here...post 112

Would also like a 5 string Dirty Blonde but they are rare beasties. One day...one day, oh yes it will be mine

[quote name='Bigwan' post='791639' date='Mar 31 2010, 10:35 AM']I have to hold my hands up. I'd never played a Warwick made after '95 that I liked, but I was in a studio in Stockholm over the weekend and spent some quality time with a Streamer Jazzman 5 and was TOTALLY blown away by it. It was the best setup bass I've ever had my hands on (PLEK'd) and sounded totally out of this world right down to the low B. It's on a couple of tracks on the CD I was playing on and sounds the mutts nutts! Might have to look at getting me one of those...[/quote]

I have to say that my '00 Thumb NT is a fabulous bass - I chose it from a batch of three that the Bass Cenre got in (when they were in Wapping) and the one I bought just had something. I think with all makers, there are good ones and there are ones that just seem to shine

[quote name='Linus27' post='791876' date='Mar 31 2010, 01:40 PM']Leave me alone you meany. Its bad enough that you posted pictures on the Warwick forum :)[/quote]
[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?s=&showtopic=52590&view=findpost&p=718640"]*ahem*[/url] :rolleyes:

I have really bad GAS for an LX4/5 now though.... or a jazzman.... or a corvette of some description... damn!

[quote name='budget bassist' post='791909' date='Mar 31 2010, 02:02 PM'][url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?s=&showtopic=52590&view=findpost&p=718640"]*ahem*[/url] :rolleyes:

I have really bad GAS for an LX4/5 now though.... or a jazzman.... or a corvette of some description... damn![/quote]

Yes yes, seen those pictures, have already right clicked and saved them to ogle over at work :):)

If you sell me your Streamer, you can then buy your LX4/5/Jazzman and everyones happy :lol:

2000 Warwick Corvette Standard.

Says 'MADE IN WEST GERMANY' on the Machine heads.

Bought new, swapped for a USA Jazz.

It used to be white. now stinky old yellow/brown.

I've fitted a ramp to it, 200 yr old Oak, from the floor of an old cottage (Amazing what my Old Man has in the Shed).

I'm going to fix it permanantly if i like it enough.

Without doubt, the slickest passive 'D.I.' fingerstyle sound - for me.

[quote name='budget bassist' post='793516' date='Apr 1 2010, 05:19 PM']:lol: i mean as well as the $$![/quote]

Oh thats cruel. I had everything crossed today hoping you were going to sell it and now, you have let me down, right at the start of the weekend. I won't eat or sleep for days now. I imagine at this point you are feeling pretty lousy about yourself and very guilty but I'm sure you want to make amends so how about lending it to me for, lets say, erm, FOREVER :) :rolleyes: :lol:

[quote name='budget bassist' post='794570' date='Apr 2 2010, 07:27 PM']Not at all, played a gig with it last night, it KILLED! :)[/quote]

On a serious note, how do you find the two pickups in terms of size etc? Do you ever find they get in the way at all? Do you also find that you only use one or always both?

I tend to anchor on the bridge pickup a lot, it seems to be perfect for that, they don't get in the way though, whether picking or slapping etc... For the music i play, i do tend to stick to the bridge pickup 98% of the time though, but it is nice to know that you have the option of the other one.

[quote name='budget bassist' post='794628' date='Apr 2 2010, 08:42 PM']I tend to anchor on the bridge pickup a lot, it seems to be perfect for that, they don't get in the way though, whether picking or slapping etc... For the music i play, i do tend to stick to the bridge pickup 98% of the time though, but it is nice to know that you have the option of the other one.[/quote]

Ok cool, thanks.