Why become a member? ×

warwick thread

budget bassist

• 1 month later...

[quote name='Fionn' timestamp='1371472529' post='2114199']
This is my Streamer Stage 1 ... Hand-crafted in Germany in 1987, cherry body, wenge/ cherry neck, EMG pickups, Warwick-branded Schaller bridge and tuners. She is as punchy as hell, a total funk machine :)

[attachment=137069:IMG_0034.jpg]
[attachment=137071:IMG_0007.JPG]
[attachment=137074:IMG_0041.jpg]
[attachment=137072:IMG_0036.jpg]
[attachment=137073:ooopp.JPG]
[attachment=137070:IMG_0037.jpg]
[/quote]

This looks identical to mine, and was made in the same year! Nice! Great bass, im so happy with it

[quote name='FuNkShUi' timestamp='1371725037' post='2117337']
This looks identical to mine, and was made in the same year! Nice! Great bass, im so happy with it
[/quote]

you are a lucky man ... but we want photos! :)

Just traded a bass for this Warwick Dolphin... great but heavy bass with a rather thick neck.
Put some new strings on it and it just invites you to play too much, sorry for that..
Bit of explanation in Dutch but there are enough sounds to be heard.. really fond of it ànd it's inspiring.

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lmmrv3bQwyA&feature=youtu.be"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lmmrv3bQwyA&feature=youtu.be[/url]

Leuk dat je enthousiast bent over mijn favoriete bas, Geert! Ze schoppen kont!

Warwick used thick necks a lot in the early 2000's, my '95 pro1 5str. Also has one. Early Dolphins and the current ones have thinner neck profiles though. Switching the twinjazz to its alternate mode makes even the slap tone growly and quite frankly gives the thumb bass a run for its money.

These basses are brilliant! ... But also rare. I'm happy to own one and have owned several before. Kept the one I like best...

This photo will give ppl an idea of its body size, rather smallish.

Edited by DiMarco

[quote name='DiMarco' timestamp='1373123401' post='2133966']
Leuk dat je enthousiast bent over mijn favoriete bas, Geert! Ze schoppen kont!

Warwick used thick necks a lot in the early 2000's, my '95 pro1 5str. Also has one. Early Dolphins and the current ones have thinner neck profiles though. Switching the twinjazz to its alternate mode makes even the slap tone growly and quite frankly gives the thumb bass a run for its money.

These basses are brilliant! ... But also rare. I'm happy to own one and have owned several before. Kept the one I like best...

This photo will give ppl an idea of its body size, rather smallish.
[/quote]

Gorgeous collection - all tones covered

That was indeed the big idea, but I failed to produce a proper P tone so...

Anyway, back to Warwicks which are my fave modernish growlybasses.
The midrange on that SN TCS is really something else huh Wombatboter?

My two beauties; Streamer LX and Thumb LTD 2006 'Dirty Blonde'. I believe the Streamer has changed hand a few times on Basschat - I was having a shufty back though the conversation & I think Hutton's on page 12 is the same bass!

[URL=http://s106.photobucket.com/user/DOTRS/media/StreamerampDirtyBlonde_small.jpg.html][IMG]http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m274/DOTRS/StreamerampDirtyBlonde_small.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Edited by Descendent

[quote name='JamesFlashG' timestamp='1374162675' post='2145995']
How to tell the age of a Warwick? I have a Thumb Bo and believe it is a 2010 model but am not certain is there any specific to tell? I am looking at the serial number engraved on the back of the head stock to try and tell
[/quote]

The letter prefix is the month (A=Jan B=Feb etc no letter i) and the last two digits are the year (87=1987 10=2010)

[quote name='warwickhunt' timestamp='1374165091' post='2146028']

The letter prefix is the month (A=Jan B=Feb etc no letter i) and the last two digits are the year (87=1987 10=2010)
[/quote]

Ahh that makes sense thanks! So mine is August 2010 :) theplace I bought it from sold it to me as new but maybe its not since is been a few years since its was crafted, although could be as it came in original warwick packaging and with all the warwick stuff. Seen a few of these in this topic already but another won't hurt love this bass.

[quote name='MarkusWarwick' timestamp='1373986138' post='2143868']
Thats just beautiful. I see Ross is selling the early Dolphin you sold him.

Never played a really early Dolphin, how would you describe the neck, etc?
[/quote]

Mine has a thick neck profile, but I got used to it pretty quick. Tbh I don't care much about neck shapes.
The one Ross is selling has a thin profile and a wide nut. Fastest playing neck on the planet imo.

Edited by DiMarco