Why become a member? ×

Is it?? 37 bids so far

TheGreek

Just now, TheGreek said:

If your firewood pile is running low, it might be worth a punt provided bidding doesn't top 50p including shipping.

• Haha 2

God, that's bad. In addition to the bit of wood that's been stuffed in the access hole for the truss rod adjuster, there seems to ne a piece jammed in the channel for the wiring for the neck pickup. The knobs are class, too. No doubt the neck screw plate has been removed because it was stamped "Made in Japan". 38 bids? There really is one born every minute.

Nasty late 70s Korean-made cheapo, would probably originally have been branded Satellite. Horrible plywood rubbish - I picked one up from Crack Converters for £25 a few years back. In fairness to them they had it up for £50 but happily gave me a 50% discount because one pickup wasn't working.

This is still £142 with an hour left to go so fortunately it's not fooling many people. Will be bleakly amusing if it leaps up to £500 in the last 30 seconds.

I think you're all missing that this might be an ultra rare Fender that's disguised as pile of junk. Who knows what treasures lie underneath that plain and humble facade?

Now the cynics amongst you may dismiss this as mere babbling, but look at Antiques Roadshow as evidence that pearls do exist in unlikely corners. 

This could be a chance to acquire a lost relic of Leo himself.  

You could be kicking yourself when it turns up at Andy Baxters with a £50k price tag. Or not. 

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 08/11/2023 at 20:04, Jean-Luc Pickguard said:

Fuggin-ell! It shot up to £232.57 in the dying seconds. Someone's going to be disappointed...

It's back up on the 'Bay at £225. So the "buyer", if there was one, must have pulled out. Have just messaged the seller, enquiring whether it's from the era when Fender employees drew the logo on the headstock with a permanent marker. Will share the response if I receive one.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Dan Dare said:

It's back up on the 'Bay at £225. So the "buyer", if there was one, must have pulled out. Have just messaged the seller, enquiring whether it's from the era when Fender employees drew the logo on the headstock with a permanent marker. Will share the response if I receive one.

I wouldn't hold your breath here...