Why become a member? ×

So what do you drive to transport your bass gear around?

Linus27

One of these:

No, not really, one of these (this one to be precise).

Bought it when I finally returned my crappy company 1 series. It's faster, more comfortable and I can fit more stuff in it. Did my first gig with it on Saturday night and it took a pair of powered speakers, desk, lights, all the stands, my Mesa, Pete's Trace 115 combo, 2 guitars, 2 basses, my pedalboard and all the kit that goes into connecting it up. It's a square box as well, so you can load stuff up to the rear window and not worry about breaking it when you slam it down on top of your gear. My 54 Mondeo was huge, but somehow not as practical.

I used to put all my gear in a Honda DelSol! The bass & extras all fit in the boot & the combo went on the passenger seat. Now it's a '03 Corsa.
Soon to be either a Volvo C30 D5 or T5 or a VW Scirocco (C30 is winning at present).

Edit... Any long distance hauls & I use my slaves to carry gear on their heads!

Edited by xgsjx

[quote name='xgsjx' post='474116' date='Apr 28 2009, 12:18 PM']I used to put all my gear in a Honda DelSol! The bass & extras all fit in the boot & the combo went on the passenger seat. Now it's a '03 Corsa.
Soon to be either a Volvo C30 D5 or T5 or a VW Scirocco (C30 is winning at present).

Edit... Any long distance hauls & I use my slaves to carry gear on their heads![/quote]

That 5 cyl 2.4 diesel is a brilliant engine, but the Scirocco is so much cooler IMO

[quote name='henry norton' post='474124' date='Apr 28 2009, 12:24 PM']Did you used to be in the A Team before you turned to music? :)[/quote]

No I confused MrT out of his transport by asking him in detail where the evidence of all of his modifications had gone. In the end he was convinced it wasn't the one he'd been messing about with all those years and I drove away with a fiendish band-mobile!

We have the most impratical gigging vehicles ever...

Renault Megane Coupe (mine - and no, I'm not a hairdresser)
Renault Clio
Peugeot 306 Cabriolet

And with these we tour the country with a 6 piece band!! :)

This weekend we're off to tour jersey (woo!) and we've fitted everything into the Megane and the Clio to save ferry costs.
In my coupe I have:

Schroeder 1210R
4U flightcase
pedal case
3 x Line floor pods
pedal case 2
Bass 1
Bass 2
Guitar 1
Guitar 2
Guitar 3
Guitar 4
flighcased keyboard
x-stand
3 x toms
cymbal case
snare
guitar rack
clothes/suits for 4 days
Drummer

I was well stoked! :rolleyes:

I use an Audi A3.

On one of our regular gigs, I can get my combo amp and bits of mic stands, cables etc/drummers snare/pedal/cymbals in the boot, keyboard player's amplifier and drummer on the back seat with bass in a gig bag on the parcel shelf and neck sticking forward between them, and keyboard player in the front passenger seat with keyboard lying from his feet to his head in front of him. Probably not the most legal of layouts, but it works (drummer uses venue kit).

Into the SO's Punto goes:
1 HK Lucas 15" sub
1 Mark Bass 2X10 Traveller(of course!)
1 LMII
1 Large metal tool box
1 5 u rack case filled with lights
1 stand case with speaker and mike stands
1 1x15 monitor
2 basses, 1 hard and 1 soft case
CD's for sale
gig diary
Tux, shirt and shoes

Edited by yorks5stringer

Got a Peugeot Partner Van which just passed it's MOT today with no additional work required! - Good 'ol Vanny!

This was a massive relief after a kamikaze pheasant broke my non-insurance covered windscreen a couple of weeks ago; scared the crap out of me though!

We can get most of our stuff in there, but our ivory-tinkler usually plays 4 full size synths, so he has to take his own stuff.

I just bought a Peugeot 308 1.6 HDi. Part of me wanted the CC version, and part of me wanted the SW version and an 8x10, but pretty happy with it anyway, I can get my 2x10, 3u rack case and the guitaristist's Gretch case in the boot, and my bass goes on the back seats. Probably would get an 8x10 in there with the seats down.