Why become a member? ×

Beatles tribute acts

Dankology

Massive Beatles fan here - without the slightest interest in seeing a tribute act.

But my nine year old daughter has developed a bit of a thing for them and has asked if there is somewhere you can go to see people playing their songs...

So I've got to do it. But if I'm going to go to a tribute show I want to be left awed - I know these songs inside out so I want to see the weird Hey Jude chord shapes, I want the dual guitars spot on in And Your Bird, I want every vocal doubletracking error slavishly recreated and I want every last second of Revolution 9 recreated in all its hideous glory.

Failing that, something that touches on all eras and is musically competent with a couple of era-specific costume changes will do.

So, what's the Basschat real-world experience - who should I book tickets for? Bear in mind that this poor child has only ever seen her dad's bands play so this could be a crucial formative experience...

• Like 3

I’ve seen The Bootleg Beatles twice, really good both visually and musically.

Took my son in law who’s a massive Beatles fan and he was really impressed

with their authenticity and presentation.

Probably the best / certainly the best known tribute to the Fab Four 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Dankology said:

my nine year old daughter has developed a bit of a thing for them and has asked if there is somewhere you can go to see people playing their songs...

That is awesome!!!! Am sure she will enjoy the experience of any half decent Beatles tribute. What an awesome thing to do together 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, uk_lefty said:

That is awesome!!!! Am sure she will enjoy the experience of any half decent Beatles tribute. What an awesome thing to do together 

My daughter in law has become a massive Beatles fan, and our grandkids subsequently know all

of the back catalogue, including the album cuts - they are 9 and 5! She went to see a tribute

recently, Beatlemania, and said they were very good.

www.beatlemania.com

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

another vote for the Bootleg Beatles, seen them a few times over the years, last time at Stone Valley last year, absolutely superb, felt for the Boomtown Rats who had to follow them on. Total respect for Steve White, he relearnt how to play bass left handed to be like Paul.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, PaulWarning said:

another vote for the Bootleg Beatles, seen them a few times over the years, last time at Stone Valley last year, absolutely superb, felt for the Boomtown Rats who had to follow them on. Total respect for Steve White, he relearnt how to play bass left handed to be like Paul.

I read about this feller Steve White in Guitarist. The notion of learning McCartney basslines  the wrong way round, while singing those parts, blows my mind.

3 minutes ago, TrypF said:

I read about this feller Steve White in Guitarist. The notion of learning McCartney basslines  the wrong way round, while singing those parts, blows my mind.

me too, I'm a lefty and I've flirted with learning right handed, I soon realised how much work was invovled and  gave up

As many have already said, the Bootleg Beatles are brilliant - great show, and they don't take themselves too seriously.

When working in Dallas recently, I went into a bar and the Lonely Hearts Club Band were setting up.  They put little laminated signs on each table, with an online request system on it (tip whatever you like for any number of a hundred tunes).   After I requested Taxman, Hey Bulldog, and Paperback Writer in a row, the bass player asked the audience "who's the bass player who keeps asking for these songs?" 😎

Good band, and I'll definitely go and see them again.

https://lonelyheartsclubband.com 

• Haha 2