Why become a member? ×

Bugera Bargain at G4M

stewblack

6 minutes ago, Sparky Mark said:

I've had mine almost 10 years from new. I intend to use it as my home set up when I find somewhere suitable. The valves are worth £150 alone. You must've needed the space really badly to "give it away" for that price. I bought it as a cheap way to try out a big valve amp, which I'm very glad I did. They're awsome!

Yeh, needed the money and to be fair I'd gone mad buying amps so probably a good thing!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Reggaebass said:

The last thing I need is another amp , but I’ve just noticed this has a ultra low bass button which is tempting me 😁, how does the amp sound with regards to the deep bass 

I play 6 string bass half a step down and it didn't miss a beat during yesterday's 4 hour practice.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Reggaebass said:

The last thing I need is another amp , but I’ve just noticed this has a ultra low bass button which is tempting me 😁, how does the amp sound with regards to the deep bass 

It's pretty nice I must admit. Through two Barefaced 15s it is fundamental.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Reggaebass said:

I use mine with the low and high button permanently on and it sounds amazing. It's punchy as hell. 

Edited by Newfoundfreedom
  • Thanks 1

I spent a bit more time with mine today. I reckon the clip indicator is before the gain control but after the pad. The clip indicator on my valve version is definitely affected by the gain control so this must be the reason for the extra volume control. I've found the gain control on the M version DOES affect the tone but in a much more subtle way than on the M. The tone gets a little more aggressive as you crank it and if i roll the tone off the bass, I can hear some distortion on the bottom end - not particularly attractive distortion, but with the bass tone control open, the top end masks that distortion and it sounds more gnarly.

In order to get a load of top on the T version, I have to nail the treble control, have the mid control set to 2.5K with lots of mid on. Which is a shame because to get the best stage sound I like to set the mid to 220hz, boost it and roll the bass off. With the M version, I can keep the mids at 220hz and boost them, nail the treble and have the Ultra High engaged and the tone really cuts through. Not tried this live yet but will get the chance tomorrow night when I'm doing a christmas party. Shall report back!

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Reggaebass said:

I'm guessing the ultra low button does something similar to this:-

20221210_110235.thumb.jpg.270a84404381c4736f1aeb7f62442967.jpg

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Reggaebass said:

This looks like an even cheaper way to get the ultra low facility:-

Screenshot_20221210-112018_Chrome.thumb.jpg.bb25004d539625f9adc04fabb63b3baf.jpg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jezzaboy said:

They are £319 at Andertons, which is shocking as earlier in the year when I bought and returned one they were £220.

They have always varied wildly - they were really cheap at thomman a few years ago, in the hundreds (both models) and varied a lot day by day

52 minutes ago, Sparky Mark said:

Does anyone else have the same issue with the compressor distortion/click mentioned in another thread on here?

https://www.basschat.co.uk/topic/332008-bugera-veyron-1001-series-2000w-amps/?do=findComment&comment=4863976

Nope. I read that but couldn't relate it to my experience. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, stewblack said:

Nope. I read that but couldn't relate it to my experience. 

It may well be something that happens depending on the input signal. I've just bought an Ashdown EQ pedal where the VU meter barely moves with my Reggie Hamilton jazz bass in passive mode but leaps into life when active EQ is set flat, even though the apparent volume remains practically the same.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jezzaboy said:

They are £319 at Andertons, which is shocking as earlier in the year when I bought and returned one they were £220.

It seems to be a fairly common theme these days. For about 5 years or so the Markbass Blackline 250 head was £220 or so, a few months ago it went to £319 ish.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MungoBass said:

The Bugera remains an incredible bargain........and I still can’t believe I haven’t ordered one yet!

I was on the fence and I have to say, I'm glad I bought one. It's definitely better than I'd imagined and if you don't like it, either return it or play with it for a few months then lob it on eBay and make your money back plus a quid or two extra!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, binky_bass said:

I was on the fence and I have to say, I'm glad I bought one. It's definitely better than I'd imagined and if you don't like it, either return it or play with it for a few months then lob it on eBay and make your money back plus a quid or two extra!

Hmmm........makes sense.......but I already have a few amps....which means the wife probably wouldn’t notice another one!  

What do they say....the best place to hide a tree is in a forest!!! 😁

• Haha 2