Why become a member? ×

Midlands Bass Bash: Nottingham, 22 April 2023 👍

Richard R

On 28/03/2023 at 16:13, petecarlton said:

I'd very much like to try the Barefaced One10 if you have room in the container!

No problem, updated:

@Richard R: Brawley 4 and 5 string, EBS session 60 amp, cheap Aeon sustainer, scales to weigh basses with, cake

@petecarlton: Shuker Nuclear Device Jean-Jacques Burnel Signature Lite P-bass, Mayones Cali 4 Triskelion travel bass, Bugera Veryron BV 1001M Mosfet head, Ashdown Studio 210 combo, bits and pieces - and cake

@Machines: Dingwall D-Roc 5, Dingwall NG-3, Warwick Gnome 280w + Ashdown RM210 (probably)

@Andyjr1515: SWAAPATWTBWADS Bubinga Fretless, probably Pete's Swift lightweight piccolo build and maybe also his (not lightweight) EB-3 tribute

@Frank Blank:  Jabba short scale fretted and fretless, Ibanez SRC6 Grace Design Alix, QSC K12.2

@NickA: couple of Wals and a Dolphin. You've all seen and played the mk1 fretless, and the dolphin, but I got a mk2 5er just before the prices went silly. Some PJB stuff too. Might bring the double bass .. how big is the room?

@PTB: MTD 535, Limelight Pino replica, possibly a MusicMan, MarkBass combo, HX XL & extension leads 😎

Darran: Nice Ibanez and the Aria Sinsonido silent bass. Ashdown amp if there's space in the car.

@floFC: curiosity

@Oldman: contemplating bringing my custom Fretless 5! I’ll bring my GR CAB and EVO 1 Head.

@SimBass: Sandberg California II TM 5, Eminence Small bodied double bass, EBS Stanley Clarke Preamp pedal, GRBass One 800, Barefaced Super Compact, Barefaced One10

For those of us who haven't been to a Bassbash before, I was wondering if someone could explain some of the 'logistic' (and maybe add them to the opening post to easily find). Is there a start/end time, what's the deal with cakes (I like cakes), how does the raffle work, I think someone mentioned £10 (is the confirmed or dependant on numbers?)

Cheers

• Like 1

On 02/04/2023 at 23:38, Frank Blank said:

*drums fingers on desk, glances at watch*

We can have access any time from 9am, Frank.  

How about (and I quote from @Richard R) roll up from 10.30, and if you know you will be later and have gear, then let us know and we'll try to save you a space. Finish by about 4?

Edited by petecarlton
New info

Apologies, by the way, for having been out of contact the past few days.  I was in deepest, internet-shaky West Wales over the weekend and started a new job yesterday.

To answer some previous questions, the room is a usable 24m x 8m, with a couple of very useful (re)movable dividing screens.  Power points are reasonably plentiful and spaced along the long sides of the room.  We will have access to the kitchen for essential tea and coffee making.  Any volunteeers to take a spell serving/taking payment?

Thanks Pete.  Hope the new job goes well.

If you and I, and Frank if he's already in Nottingham that morning, are there before 10 then we can work out if we want to divide the room at all, set up tables for Andy's demo and the raffle, make sure the kettle's on and generally get things sorted ahead of time. 24x8 is loads of space, plenty of room to grow.

I got some cheap lanyards from Amazon, so we can translate forum names to real names.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Frank Blank said:

I think I'm right in saying (and I'm sure he will put me right if not) that before an earlier Midlands Bash our glorious leader (@ped) sent @jebroada clutch of BassChat lanyards. In fact I remember because I've still got mine, technically theft I suppose but, anyway I'm keeping it. Maybe @pedwill furnish us with more if we are very nice *flutters eyelids*

Sure thing, send me your address. I’m not sure if I have card holders for them but I’ll check 👍🏼

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Frank Blank said:

@ped you lovely man, I'll PM you my address and take them along.

I tried to PM @ped on a few occasions, but it simply wouldn't accept him as a recipient! Hence giving up.

BC ones are better, and can be used to repair walking boots too.

Edited by Richard R
Of course when I tried just now it was fine!

3 minutes ago, Richard R said:

I tried to PM @ped on a few occasions, but it simply wouldn't accept him as a recipient! Hence giving up.

BC ones are better, and can be used to repair walking boots too.

Ah sorry I disabled my messenger for a bit. 

• Like 1

@Frank Blank I will be using public transport, hence can’t bring very much. I have a couple of semi interesting basses that people may be curious about and tempted to have a play on. So besides curiosity, I could bring a Kramer 450B (alu neck) if it can be plugged into someone else’s rig.

• Thanks 1

I'd like to see a Kramer, so if you're able to bring it that would be great. There will be plenty of amps to try it in.

If it's a pain to bring then don't worry, it will be good to see you. Meeting up is the main thing, the gear is just an excuse :D

• Like 1