Why become a member? ×

G.A.K internet orders.

6stringbassist

Anyone else ordered anything from them ?.

I ordered a strap from them last Wednesday, Friday I get an email telling me its been posted. Nothing has arrived so far so I give them a ring only to be told that it's actually out of stock......what ?.

How annoying.

They've given me a refund, but why tell me that it'd been posted.

Edited by 6stringbassist

they're sh*t - end of. I ordered a Takamine acoustic from them a few years ago - when it arrived, the finish on the front of the guitar was chipped and scratched in a few places, and trying to get them to take it back was almost impossible.

AVOID AT ALL COSTS!

Rubbish, ordered an amp from them, came with a european type plug, all i got was "get a kettle lead and plug it in", yeah that helpful, firstly you don't advise me on what ampage of fuse to use, secondly i shouldn't have to get a kettle plug, they cost money.

I bought a pair of Peavey 4x10s from them and they were fine, BUT that was 10 years ago. I think things have probably changed since then...
It's precisely this sort of word-of-mouth experience that gets retailers a bad name, and you'd think they'd know it. In these days of world wide interwebnetness, it takes less time for a bad reputation to spread round the planet than it does for a shop to say sorry for screwing up an order.

Its a completely different beast now to ten or more years ago - understandable really

I only deal in person with them, and they will still be pushed to a cracking deal if you have the right ammo (somewhere else selling much cheaper)

No idea what they are like online though

[quote name='Machines' post='456330' date='Apr 7 2009, 12:41 PM']customer service is probably not their forté.[/quote]

+1! Ordered a case in. 3 weeks later, no word. Emailed them. No word. Emailed them again a week later. No word. Phoned them. No picks up. Phone them again, finally someone picks up and said they would investigate. Email them again to follow up and then tell me they've run out of stock (!) and they have it on order. 5 weeks later got my case, but they certainly don't have my custom anymore.

If you do use them, I recommend you phone to double make sure they have it in stock. Also heard other stories similar to mine from other people when ordering online.

[quote name='deaver' post='456713' date='Apr 7 2009, 07:24 PM']I've ordered off them three times and ended up cancelling every order.[/quote]
+1 although only the one time, as it was impossible to send the item to any address other than the billing address. Ridiculous!

how odd!

the college I work for spent in the region of £30k with their online education dept - not one single issue! if I had to say anything out of the ordinary then...instead of two peavey max 112's, they sent me two max 115 instead for the same price. :)

cant say anything other than they were great!

andy