Why become a member? ×

Shout out to Fender

pbasspecial

I’ve had a couple of dodgy Fender leads for a couple of years. Finally got round the fixing one with my new soldering iron. The other had moulded jacks so no luck there. Got talking with a guitarist and he told me that they had lifetime guarantees. I gave their customer services a call quick, who asked me to email me in my info and a photo of the lead with the jacks cut off. Did it straightaway and within an hour they had replied and said a replacement lead is on its way. Assuming everything goes to plan, well done Fender. Great Customer service!!!

Might be worth rooting around in your old gig bags. 

742A6844-695B-48E3-95DE-D8BBCC57DDD1.jpeg

• Like 11

Awwww I binned one a few weeks back!!

I remember taking a Peavey cable back to the shop years after I'd bought it, I'd saved the cardboard sleeve that said "lifetime guarantee". The shop worker was puzzled but just accepted it and gave me a new lead then and there. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, pbasspecial said:

I gave their customer services a call quick, who asked me to email me in my info and a photo of the lead with the jacks cut off.

Is it bad my initial thought was to do that in Photoshop ? 🙈

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Skybone said:

That's great to hear, been using Fender leads for a good few years now, and find them to be excellent.

Recently bought some new ones, but the old ones were fine.

Same here, not particularly expensive but I find them to be of good quality and supple enough to not cause irritating shapes on the stage.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
On 08/12/2021 at 14:28, pbasspecial said:

I’ve had a couple of dodgy Fender leads for a couple of years. Finally got round the fixing one with my new soldering iron. The other had moulded jacks so no luck there. Got talking with a guitarist and he told me that they had lifetime guarantees. I gave their customer services a call quick, who asked me to email me in my info and a photo of the lead with the jacks cut off. Did it straightaway and within an hour they had replied and said a replacement lead is on its way. Assuming everything goes to plan, well done Fender. Great Customer service!!!

Might be worth rooting around in your old gig bags. 

742A6844-695B-48E3-95DE-D8BBCC57DDD1.jpeg

Thanks very much for sharing this. Great service from Ben at Fender - a nice new cable arrived today! 

Edited by MungoBass
  • Like 2