Why become a member? ×

I have been ripped off (by Mick Mason of Leicester - Facebook scammer/thief)

prowla

8 minutes ago, walshy said:

Done, he appears to have mates as moderators in certain groups so they remove anything that criticises him and won’t block his listings. Shady as ferk 

Cool. I’m in. A few groups and we get quite a bit of spam etc. I normally report to the mods, but also FB itself. 

I’d maybe mention in the group that anyone helping this guy could be implicated in his actions. I saw your post earlier. Hope it all works out for you and the others. 

• Like 1

On 19/12/2020 at 16:05, nick_gontarski said:

Hey guys
This same person owes me and my friends money for a gig... He hired us to play a Queen's Tribute last year.
He was selling a bass pedal this days... I offered him swap for the money that he owes me... and he didn't give a stinky poo... 
I keep pressing him, he ended saying that he was going to sue me if I insist. He said that he is well known in many theatres and venues, and if I mess with him I never play again in this places. 
He blocked me after this.

He threatened to sue me for slander, so I asked him to point out anything I’ve said which isn’t true. 
All for ripping me off for £100. 
He’s said he wants to meet to pay me back, but I’ve responded that I’ve already given him two means of repayment that he’s requested, so why should I believe this time. 

UPDATE: I HAVE NOW RECEIVED MY REFUND.

Edited by prowla

So Mick, as you are reading this ( cos you have just text me to say you are) why not do the decent thing, pay people back, apologise and stop ripping people off across the UK. Especially ripping off fellow musicians/bassists who are having the absolute shittest of times with no gigs ( I know you are boasting about still gigging with your pantomime buddies) and low on funds and you 'sell gear' with absolutely no intent of sending it, apart from back to yourself! The absolute lowest of the low and I hope everyone including myself gets their money back and you pay for being an absolute silly man

We aren't 'sad keyboard warriors' its a community who gives a stinky poo and when someone like yourself acts in this abhorrent way it needs to be highlighted and dealt with.

Edited by Billy Apple
  • Like 19
  • Thanks 2

My latest communication...

Hi Paul
I’m going to return your money personally is Monday ok? What time?
Mick
Mick sent Today at 09:37
I’m free all day
Mick
Mick sent Today at 09:47
Going to Basingstoke and your on the way
Mick
Mick sent Today at 10:06
Just let me know a time
Today at 16:22
16:22
You sent Today at 16:22
I’ve already given you two means of refunding which you’ve asked for, but you’ve failed to do so, so why would I believe you on this?
Mick
Mick sent Today at 16:23
I don’t really care Paul
Just want you paid
You sent Today at 16:33
Pay to my bank - you have the details.
Mick
Mick sent Today at 16:36
No no no face to face fella had enough of this stinky poo now what time Monday ?
Mick sent Today at 16:36
Apart from “Trying” to play your rickenbacker in your bedroom do you just go on basschat all day
Oh and I have extremely good fronts on most of the FB sites you try to post on so your profile will be removed in the next few days anyway what time I’ll be there
Mick
Mick sent Today at 16:43
Just tell me a time Paul simple I’ll be there with your refund
Mick sent Today at 16:43
Or you can just carry on chatting on your chat group
If you want some proper lessons on bass let me know
You sent Today at 16:45
I’ll meet you at Bracknell Police Station at 3 on Monday, if you like.
Mick
Mick sent Today at 16:47
Ha ha ha
No as your in tier 4 from tomorrow so I’ll just be at your address at 3 see you then

You sent Today at 16:54
I am not available on Monday and will not reorganise my plans to suit you.
You sent Today at 16:55
If you wish to drop off my money, then that is your choice.
Mick
Mick sent Today at 16:55
You just said your available at 3pm
You sent Today at 16:56
I did not. And you are not welcome on my property.
Mick
Mick sent Today at 16:56
Mick
Mick sent Today at 16:56
Why lie
You sent Today at 16:57
I said I could meet you at Bracknell Police Station, which is not the same thing.
Mick
Mick
Mick sent Today at 16:58
No unless your a copper lol
Oh stinky poo I forgot it’s a “legal matter” now
Give it up lad
You sent Today at 17:01
Your belligerence is why I don't want to meet with you.
You sent Today at 17:02
If you insist that you are coming, uninvited, I will call the police.

You sent Today at 17:12
Meanwhile you can repay me via the same means I paid you, ie. the bank.
Mick
Mick sent Today at 17:14
You on the chat all night Paul in between putting horrendous videos on your FB page
Give it up Paul

You sent Today at 17:21
Repay me by the means you've already agreed to.
Mick
Mick sent Today at 17:24
You’ve agreed to meet me
You sent Today at 17:25
I've specifically not agreed to meet you and have told you not to come to my property.
Mick
Mick sent Today at 17:26
I’ve you told your chat buddies yet I’m coming to your house?
You sent Today at 17:27
I've told you you are not welcome on my property and that you can refund me via the previously agreed methods.
You sent Today at 17:28
If you insist that you are coming to my house, uninvited, I will call the police.
Mick
Mick sent Today at 17:28
Bet you can’t get out your bedroom, what an absolute tool
Mick sent Today at 17:29
Fking snowflake all mouth behind a keyboard man up

Mick sent Today at 17:38
You really are a tool
Mate
Mick sent Today at 17:39
Stick that on your chat to your false mates you’ve never met

Edited by prowla
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

Just now, dave_bass5 said:

That needs to go to FB and get him banned. See how he likes it then. FB will not take kindly to that. 

You should see the HUGE convo I have. Unreal man. Now he's threatening me with not being able to get gigs.

21 minutes ago, walshy said:

You should see the HUGE convo I have. Unreal man. Now he's threatening me with not being able to get gigs.

Why? Have you clamped his car? 😂

misread that. He’s going to stop you?? Has he seen the size of the wheels on your car! 

sounds like a right piece of work. Old bill mate. No more chances. 

Edited by bassfan

19 minutes ago, walshy said:

This guy needs exposing. I’m sure the MU would not take kindly to a con man running gigs. I’m also wondering if his business practises are all above board. Maybe the Inland revenue would be interested in him. 

• Like 3

On 19/12/2020 at 17:21, dave_bass5 said:

This guy needs exposing. I’m sure the MU would not take kindly to a con man running gigs. I’m also wondering if his business practises are all above board. Maybe the Inland revenue would be interested in him. 

Yes, I was wondering about that too.

Edited by prowla
  • Like 2

I do wonder given the alleged level of intimidation whether this thread should be curtailed and any essential communication between affected BC members be confined to PM's and the rest of us 'curb our enthusiasm', as there seems to be some fairly serious stuff going on here and people 'piling in' may not be that helpful?

Edited by yorks5stringer
  • Like 2

Agreed. He's just being abusive, threatening and arrogant. He's taunting you with your own money, FFS, and not making the slightest effort to deny that he was trying to rip you off. It is definitely time for the gloves to come off. 

• Like 1

First time on the site for yonks and I've just read through this thread.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but is this the same guy who has a suspended sentence for fraud as reported in The Leicester Mercury dated 17 Jan 2020?

If it is the same guy or you have just the slightest suspicion that it is, why are you waffling on and not reporting him to the police and / or Trading Standards NOW to let them find the truth and sort things out?

Edited by Jazzneck
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Jazzneck said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but is this the same guy who has a suspended sentence for fraud as reported in The Leicester Mercury dated 17 Jan 2020?

If it is the same guy or you have just the slightest suspicion that it is, why are you waffling on and not reporting him to the police and / or Trading Standards NOW to let them find the truth and sort things out?

Yes

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Jazzneck said:

There is indeed a visual similarity.

1 minute ago, Basinski said:

Yes. Click on the three dots in the top right hand corner of their post. That’ll give you several options, one of which is ‘find support, or report post’.

It's just reporting the post, rather than the overall issue.

Actually, that option isn't there.

Edited by prowla

• prowla changed the title to I have been ripped off (by Mick Mason of Leicester - Facebook scammer/thief)
  • Hamster locked this topic
  • Hamster unlocked this topic