Jump to content
bamboofrog

NBD Fender Vintera Mustang

Recommended Posts

Today I took receipt of my first bass a Fender Vintera Mustang in sea foam green.

Bought the bass from @Grantd who made the process super simple, really nice guy and went above and beyond to get the bass to me, so thank you, definitely buy with confidence.F46B237C-305A-4BF2-8A04-2BA83A4BDD26.thumb.jpeg.2e4d2b9ac243d0c47258a008173649d7.jpeg7AB42997-5DB3-4949-80F7-00F62793605E.thumb.jpeg.5392c6603a80d29fb52a6cf91fa3ac6e.jpeg0E1153F9-CF49-4908-BE34-B54D6DE115A6.thumb.jpeg.23a0ef9481273967cdb8f2e1d0c4c1e6.jpeg12734D29-8902-4C92-8F83-77222F3122D3.thumb.jpeg.d28f9948339b5b5c9c76562603ff3197.jpegA1939119-A014-46D4-A79C-2B2543AA5BE1.thumb.jpeg.909a64679c9a28deff242e40c77c70b4.jpeg

Really chuffed with this bass, should give me a solid platform to learn from and more importantly makes me smile.

  • Like 18

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lovely looking bass. Cracking colour :)
Happy NBD. Enjoy, and let us know what you think of the bass

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Happy NBD.

All the best with the learning. If you need any help at any time there are plenty of people on this site that will give you good advice and assistance.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice! - the seafoam green looks great. I quite fancy getting a sunburst vintera mustang, but as I already have a CIJ mustang and a JMJ - both brilliant basses, I really don't *need* another.

I do wonder why Fender sell these (and the JMJ) with long scale gigbags included. Surely they could do a premium version of the short scale urban gigbag that used to be available.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

An in addition to the lack of gig bags, I don't understand why Fender don't seem to make replacement Mustang scratchplates either.

I love my MIJ Mustang bass, and would love a pearl white plate to go on it, but genuine Fender replacement scratchplates seem impossible to come by despite a pretty extensive range of 'correct' style Mustangs (MIJ/CIJ, JMJ, Vintera series, Classic Vibes and American Performer series).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, bassbiscuits said:

An in addition to the lack of gig bags, I don't understand why Fender don't seem to make replacement Mustang scratchplates either.

I love my MIJ Mustang bass, and would love a pearl white plate to go on it, but genuine Fender replacement scratchplates seem impossible to come by despite a pretty extensive range of 'correct' style Mustangs (MIJ/CIJ, JMJ, Vintera series, Classic Vibes and American Performer series).

 

You could try Jack's Instruments in Manchester. He made me an excellent pickguard for my Hofner Ignition Club bass... much better than the nasty original. Probably cost about 40 quid if you're willing to pay.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Trueno said:

You could try Jack's Instruments in Manchester. He made me an excellent pickguard for my Hofner Ignition Club bass... much better than the nasty original. Probably cost about 40 quid if you're willing to pay.

Ah sound! I'll try that. These ones at WD Music but they cost about £65. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lovely bass there.

I love my Fiesta Red Vintera Mustang.

Great to learn on and will be good enough for gigs too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27/01/2020 at 15:45, Jean-Luc Pickguard said:

Nice! - the seafoam green looks great. I quite fancy getting a sunburst vintera mustang, but as I already have a CIJ mustang and a JMJ - both brilliant basses, I really don't *need* another.

I do wonder why Fender sell these (and the JMJ) with long scale gigbags included. Surely they could do a premium version of the short scale urban gigbag that used to be available.

I’ve got a sunburst vintera with TI flats on. I’ve got PBass GAS. So could be tempted to sell for £650 inc shipping. It’s a superb bass I have 2 short scale and 2 long scale already 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Good choice! Got my identical bass strung with flats and fretboard dyed a bit darker.

I found the truss rod needed tightening to get the action where I wanted it (now at 1.5mm) but if you've bought used, I imagine the previous owner has sorted it.

IMG_20200618_194904__01.jpg

Edited by foxyFuze

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...