Why become a member? ×

Spoombung Zoot Bass

Spoombung

Okay, the first thing I should say is [b]I HAVE THE NEW BASS IN MY POSSESSION! [/b]

But as the light is fading fast and I'd rather wait 'till tomorrow to take some proper shots and give some first impressions of the instrument ....[i]and [/i]I'm too busy playing it anyway...and the kids are howling for their Tesco pizza and cucumber slices....I thought I'd bring you the promised pictures of Mike soldering away with his iron and shielding the inside cavity instead. You all love this stuff (I'm told!) :)

You can tell I'm running close to my Flickr limit because I'm having to compile all the shots in one frame. Gotta leave some space for the money shots tomorrow.

More copper sheilding for you, lads and lasses:

Edited by Spoombung

[quote name='Spoombung' post='494514' date='May 21 2009, 05:56 PM']Okay, the first thing I should say is [b]I HAVE THE NEW BASS IN MY POSSESSION! [/b]

But as the light is fading fast and I'd rather wait 'till tomorrow to take some proper shots and give some first impressions of the instrument ....[i]and [/i]I'm too busy playing it anyway...and the kids are howling for their Tesco pizza and cucumber slices....I thought I'd bring you the promised pictures of Mike soldering away with his iron and shielding the inside cavity instead. You all love this stuff (I'm told!) :lol[/quote]

You're a terrible tease bud!
Glad you've got the bass though, can't wait to see the proper pics.

Enjoy,
Eude

Thanks for the compliments guys...although, in common with many middle-aged men, I am probably getting too old to tell who's complimenting and who's taking the piss (early signs of dementia, you see). I'll give some first impressions and more photos tomorrow.

One more tonight:

it is actually a nice looking bass all joking aside

is the jack plug mounted differently to most (i noticed in the guitar shop you had to pull the plug down to remove it ) i suppose it stops unwarranted noise cessation when you tread on the cable

[quote name='pobolycwm' post='494855' date='May 22 2009, 07:56 AM']it is actually a nice looking bass all joking aside

is the jack plug mounted differently to most (i noticed in the guitar shop you had to pull the plug down to remove it ) i suppose it stops unwarranted noise cessation when you tread on the cable[/quote]

It's just an ordinary Strat input. I don't tread on cables because I don't prance around like a Rock God.

[quote name='skelf' post='495027' date='May 22 2009, 11:56 AM']Very nice.

What is the pre-amp in it Kev.

Alan[/quote]

Thanks, Alan.

The EQ is the John East thingy: mid sweep cut n' boost, treble & bass stack with pull bright and volume and pick up mix stack. More than enough!

Let's have a look at the back then:

Nice ash grain ( the finish is wax and oil and only a light sealer - so you can still feel the grain slightly) String thru bridge design means I don't have to buy short scale strings all the time (the bass is a 31" scale)

[quote name='Spoombung' post='495050' date='May 22 2009, 12:15 PM']Let's have a look at the back then:

Nice ash grain ( the finish is wax and oil and only a light sealer - so you can still feel the grain slightly) String thru bridge design means I don't have to buy short scale strings all the time (the bass is a 31" scale)[/quote]

Now thats pretty! :) Love that swirl of ash grain - Im a sucker for open pored wood on basses!