Why become a member? ×

Spoombung Zoot Bass

Spoombung

Those actually are a couple of photos of the Essex coast, if you look carefully at the first photo you can actually see some water amongst all that mud. :)

Im trying to figure out whats actually at the end of the lane in the second shot?

Where else would the phrase [i]"Instead of gold, 'tis brass I find"[/i] be most appropriate? Why, in Essex of course! The brass adjustable nut was installed today into the devilishly narrow 34mm space (I'm really looking forward to having a bass with that narrow spacing - there really is no need for anything bigger than that IMO).

First of all a bit of measuring up with this funny, little high-tech device that Mike always seems to have handy on his bench next to his packet of Henri Wintermans.

Here's a close up of the component parts. An adjustable nut is dead handy - no filing needed.

Edited by Spoombung

[quote name='steve-soar' post='462403' date='Apr 14 2009, 07:23 PM']They say that "Nationalism is the last refuge of a scoundrel" but this country does make the best basses in the world, not forgeting Scotland, IMO, (your opinion my be different, please don't start fires). :)[/quote]

...Huh? I've absolutely no idea what you're talking about as I haven't mentioned anything about Britain or any other nation here. Unless the thing about 'starting fires' is a Springsteen quote...or something?

Edited by Spoombung

[quote name='Spoombung' post='462443' date='Apr 14 2009, 08:04 PM']...Huh? I've absolutely no idea what you're talking about as I haven't mentioned anything about Britain or any other nation here. Unless the thing about 'starting fires' is a Springsteen quote...or something?[/quote]
I think he's just saying the best basses are made on these shores. It's a compliment :)

[quote name='MacDaddy' post='462465' date='Apr 14 2009, 08:36 PM']I think he's just saying the best basses are made on these shores. It's a compliment :)[/quote]

Hurrah for Britain! :rolleyes: Yes, I realised Steve was simply feeling patriot - eventually.
Yes, we do make good instruments here but so does nearly every other country - I suppose it makes sense to buy British at the moment because of the sorry state of Sterling.

[quote name='Spoombung' post='462761' date='Apr 15 2009, 10:06 AM']Hurrah for Britain! :) Yes, I realised Steve was simply feeling patriotic - eventually.
Yes, we do make good instruments here but so does nearly every other country - I suppose it makes sense to buy British at the moment because of the sorry state of Sterling.[/quote]

I see what you mean: