Why become a member? ×

Spoombung Zoot Bass

Spoombung

[quote name='Matte_black' post='446378' date='Mar 26 2009, 07:50 PM']I really like how it's turning out. My only doubt about that body shape is about the position the bass wil stay in when you play sitting. It will be too low on your leg and this could make slapping a bit tricky. Other than that, I really like it! This is the problem of all the small bodies, though.[/quote]

[i].........Slapping????!!!!!! [/i]:) C'mon, that's for the kids!

Matte, the body is designed for a [i]perfect [/i]playing position. You will see the wisdom of my ways shortly, brother.

[quote name='Matte_black' post='446425' date='Mar 26 2009, 08:13 PM']Plucking and slapping need different positions of the bass on your body... I'm not telling that body shape is "wrong", I'm only sayin it could make the bass lie too low on your leg. :)[/quote]

Sure, I understand! :rolleyes:

The whole essence of the design was to have strings as near as possible to the leg - so the neck pivots at an angle similar to the standing position. As for [b]slapping [/b]- well as far as I can tell, it's just for kids at guitar trade shows. I don't believe it exists in the real world.

Edited by Spoombung

So....how about this then? :)

After weeks of seeing the thing in bits and pieces, for the first time I've got a [i]real [/i]feel of the disparate parts coming together to form an instrument. And you know what? It feels great and the playing angle is superb!

Edited by Spoombung

[quote name='Spoombung' post='446469' date='Mar 26 2009, 08:46 PM']So....how about this then? :)

After weeks of seeing the thing in bits and pieces, for the first time I've got a [i]real [/i]feel of the disparate parts coming together to form an instrument. And you know what? It feels great and the playing angle is superb![/quote]

And you get to buff up the old noggin at the same time.

[quote name='crez5150' post='446645' date='Mar 26 2009, 10:44 PM']I must go and see Mike..... is he still making the Zoot cabs do we know?[/quote]

Yes he is. We had an honest chat about his business today. He really needs to get his website up and running ASAP, in my opinion.

[quote name='ashevans09' post='446641' date='Mar 26 2009, 10:42 PM']I've been watching this with interest, it's looking lovely :) , woods are looking good too. Can't wait to see more![/quote]

How are you getting on with your MTD, Ash? It looked immaculate in the pics.

[quote name='crez5150' post='446670' date='Mar 26 2009, 10:55 PM']Hmmm.... perhaps I should go and have a chat....[/quote]

Mike's a modest guy, but I think he should at least have a working website where he can list a few famous bass players he's made basses for, ie, this guy:

[quote name='MacDaddy' post='446776' date='Mar 27 2009, 12:18 AM']I've been telling him that for years now![/quote]

Right. It's not like he doesn't know how to use a computer or something. Nowadays guitar builders take out a digital camera before they pick up a piece of wood. I'm afraid that's how it is now. If you don't post up every month and go on the forums people think you've gone out of business. He needs a website chok-a-blok with great big luxurious photos of his basses - not a [i]'website under contruction'[/i] message and [url="http://www.zootbass.co.uk/"]a few floating letters[/url].

Edited by Spoombung