Why become a member? ×

How bad does a copy have to be

Happy Jack

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Fender-Standard-Jazz-Bass-Guitar-5-string_W0QQitemZ330298566735QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV?hash=item330298566735&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2%7C65%3A1%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Fender-Standard-Jazz...A1%7C240%3A1318[/url]

[quote name='Happy Jack' post='376660' date='Jan 11 2009, 11:06 AM']Oh sh1t! You mean it's real?

[size=1]Slinks away quietly hoping no one else reads the thread.[/size][/quote]

Looks like a bog-standard Mex 5 string Jazz to me. If you're worried about the machine heads, those are standard on many of the 5 string models, presumably to cut down on weight.

[quote name='GreeneKing' post='376846' date='Jan 11 2009, 03:36 PM']It's a Fender?

Runs away before anyone can catch me ;)[/quote]

LOL! As it happens, I played one of these at a local music shop a couple of weeks ago, and didn't like it at all. Got a decent review in BGM though.

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='377111' date='Jan 11 2009, 08:21 PM']I would have looked at the tuners and got a bit suspect though.[/quote]

As the man from the Tynes suuggests, best to do the homework Fender have produced some dogs over the years, doesn't make them any less genuine ;)

C

PS just realised I heven't sent you those flats, I'll get onto it tomorrow

[quote name='simon1964' post='377107' date='Jan 11 2009, 08:16 PM']LOL! As it happens, I played one of these at a local music shop a couple of weeks ago, and didn't like it at all. Got a decent review in BGM though.[/quote]

Me too, tried one at the Bass Centre. Horrible I thought. The neck was probably the worst 5string neck I've ever played.

[quote name='WHUFC BASS' post='377505' date='Jan 12 2009, 11:33 AM']Me too, tried one at the Bass Centre. Horrible I thought. The neck was probably the worst 5string neck I've ever played.[/quote]

My views exactly. I ended up getting an Ibanez ATK305 - much nicer bass for a lot less money!

[quote name='budget bassist' post='378041' date='Jan 12 2009, 06:04 PM']I don't like the headstocks on stingray fives though, it just looks wrong...[/quote]

Same here.... would have much preferred a 3+2 rather than the 4+1...

And a wider spaced bridge...

Umm and a separate chromed control plate like on the 4's..

But apart from [i]that[/i]..... ;)