Sambrook

Sold Ibanez Roadster 1982. Now £400
£450
Cumbria

An awesome bass, built like a tank, but not quite as heavy. 

Pj with vol, tone, and pickup selector. It has an active 2 band eq, but sounds much better passive. 

Very powerful sound, strung currently with TI flats. 

The pictures speak for themselves. It is for sale because I have decided to use only my fretless live, so the Ibanez will not be getting enough use. 

And it needs to be played- the sound of the P used in anger is a thing of great beauty and power. 

NOW BACK UP FOR SALE FROM 22.1.20

Thanks for reading. 

Weight and neck measurements etc to follow.... imageproxy.php?img=&key=d49e236f730b63a2imageproxy.php?img=&key=d49e236f730b63a2imageproxy.php?img=&key=d49e236f730b63a2imageproxy.php?img=&key=d49e236f730b63a2imageproxy.php?img=&key=d49e236f730b63a2imageproxy.php?img=&key=d49e236f730b63a2

IMG_20190915_141030.jpg

IMG_20190915_141039.jpg

IMG_20190915_141052.jpg

IMG_20190915_141105.jpg

IMG_20190915_141118.jpg

IMG_20190915_141124.jpg

IMG_20190915_141133.jpg

Edited by gary mac
  • Like 8

Nick Smith - @doctor_of_the_bass - holds these in high regard. I believe he still owns Martin Kemp's old one used on the first Spandau album.

They are rumoured to be quite heavy - can you give us the weight?

40mm at the nut. 

20mm depth at the first fret. 

9.2lbs (bass weight deducted from our combined weight on home scales method) 

This Ibanez model was the first original bass I owned...my transition from copies into the real stuff.

Very nice - it's a Roadster RS924 - I have one, probably my favourite P/J bass.

Definitely agree about the passive tone being preferable to the active, great, punchy pickups in these.

GLWTS!

That's a shame, but expected. For some reason, it's very rare to come by cases for these. I was very close to buying one, with case, around this time last year but the seller unfortunately withdrew last minute. 
I suppose no case means it's collection only? 

I have the fretless version of this bass. They are marvellous instruments!

I also have the fretless version of this bass. It sounds amazing in passive. A really great bass, specially for the price. And built to last. 
GLWTS

Cracking basses. I've owned 3 over the years - here's a clip of Graham Edwards when he was with Go West soloing the [email protected] out of my first one that he somehow managed to persuade me to part with....

• Like 3

What a great sound, and a fabulous player. I have forgotten just how good he was. ( and probably still is)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MNY said:

What a great sound, and a fabulous player. I have forgotten just how good he was. ( and probably still is)

Still is. He moved to the States, played with The Rembrandts (Friends theme song) and others, then formed a production team called The Matrix with Scott Spock and Lauren Christy, his then wife. They had astonishing success, producing, writing and co-writing with a who's who of massive stars in the early 2000's.

On 02/02/2020 at 19:26, lowregisterhead said:

Cracking basses. I've owned 3 over the years - here's a clip of Graham Edwards when he was with Go West soloing the [email protected] out of my first one that he somehow managed to persuade me to part with....

Thats fantastic!! I love the little triplet thing he does at 40 seconds!

Great advertfor the bass too!

• Like 1

I've had an identical one for a loooong time, RS924, bought new in 1982.... Just perfect. And no case (as it waq usually the... case  LOL) so I kept it in a classic Fender tolex, fitting like a glove. BUMP for another example of excellent Japanese craftmanship, GLWTS

Edited by Apothem