Jump to content
jebroad

2021 midlands bass bash! Date TBA

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Oldman said:

Er, me, I’m going, me, me don’t forget me😳

Fixed.

Do you know what you're bringing with you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Jabba_the_gut said:
  • @Richard R - Brawley Artemis 4, Brawley Artemis 5,  EBS Session60 amp, something to weigh basses with.
  • @Frank Blank - Rob Allen Mouse Fretless, Rob Allen Mouse Fretted, Ibanez SRC6, QSC K12.2, HX Stomp.
  • @Stub Mandrel - Frender Performer, Hohner Jack Custom V, Deathburger (HB kit build), TE 1110 combo?
  • @petecarlton - Mayones Cali4 "Puzzle" Bass: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYAvWZGwc4s&t=13s&ab_channel=BassTheWorld.com
  • @Teebs - Erm...dunno Finx.gif.38e5a959284efcdb0f75de29e61f08b8.gif What! >:( Isn't my mere presence enough for you peoples!?
  • @SpondonBassed - Jack.  (That's not short for Jack all, it's just that I can't decide until nearer the time.)
  • @Machines - Sire M5 / Yamaha RBXJM2 / GenzBenz Neo Pak / EICH112XS
  • @bassmansam - Rickenbacker 4003s, Eppy Thunderbird Vintage Pro and Ashdown ABM 500 2x10 combo
  • @jebroad - Not-fender jazz (maybe), squire silver series jazz, old Kay SC, Dingwall combustion, Ashdown 8x10 (Maybe)
  • @Jabba_the_gut - 27" mini basses, Short scale telebass, whatever else I build by then, TC RS210 combo. Cakes
  • @Geek99 POSSIBLE Ampeg AMP, bass-doc built relic P, homemade jazz with geddy lee pups, zoom b2.1

 

 

Edited by Geek99

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would prefer afternoon if possible 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, jebroad said:

Anyone have any opinions on holding the bash on Saturday 4th of September (2021 hopefully)?

It will have been exactly 28 months since the last one!  Doesn't time fly?! 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Geek99 said:

Would prefer afternoon if possible 

I think last time it was 10am - 5pm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SpondonBassed said:

Fixed.

Do you know what you're bringing with you?

Yes I do, a custom Fretless 5, and some amplification, TBD. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, SpondonBassed said:
  • @Richard R - Brawley Artemis 4, Brawley Artemis 5,  EBS Session60 amp, something to weigh basses with.
  • @Frank Blank - Rob Allen Mouse Fretless, Rob Allen Mouse Fretted, Ibanez SRC6, QSC K12.2, HX Stomp.
  • @Stub Mandrel - Frender Performer, Hohner Jack Custom V, Deathburger (HB kit build), TE 1110 combo?
  • @petecarlton - Mayones Cali4 "Puzzle" Bass: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYAvWZGwc4s&t=13s&ab_channel=BassTheWorld.com
  • @Teebs - Erm...dunno Finx.gif.38e5a959284efcdb0f75de29e61f08b8.gif What! >:( Isn't my mere presence enough for you peoples!?
  • @SpondonBassed - Jack.  (That's not short for Jack all, it's just that I can't decide until nearer the time.)
  • @Machines - Sire M5 / Yamaha RBXJM2 / GenzBenz Neo Pak / EICH112XS
  • @bassmansam - Rickenbacker 4003s, Eppy Thunderbird Vintage Pro and Ashdown ABM 500 2x10 combo
  • @jebroad - Not-fender jazz (maybe), squire silver series jazz, old Kay SC, Dingwall combustion, Ashdown 8x10 (Maybe)
  • @Jabba_the_gut - 27" mini basses, Short scale telebass, whatever else I build by then, TC RS210 combo. Cakes
  • @Oldman - Custom fretless 5, and some amplification, TBD
  • @Geek99 - POSSIBLE Ampeg AMP, bass-doc built relic P, homemade jazz with geddy lee pups, zoom b2.1

I revised this list to include @Oldman, just before @Geek99 added his name so I've merged the two lists so that no-one drops off, so to speak.

If Oldman would like to post what he's bringing, I shall include it unless @jebroad has already.
  Done.

Edited by SpondonBassed
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apologies 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • @Richard R - Brawley Artemis 4, Brawley Artemis 5,  EBS Session60 amp, something to weigh basses with.
  • @Frank Blank - Rob Allen Mouse Fretless, Rob Allen Mouse Fretted, Ibanez SRC6, QSC K12.2, HX Stomp.
  • @Stub Mandrel - Frender Performer, Hohner Jack Custom V, Deathburger (HB kit build), TE 1110 combo?
  • @petecarlton - Mayones Cali4 "Puzzle" Bass: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYAvWZGwc4s&t=13s&ab_channel=BassTheWorld.com
  • @Teebs - Hinnocent
  • @SpondonBassed - Jack.  (That's not short for Jack all, it's just that I can't decide until nearer the time.)
  • @Machines - Sire M5 / Yamaha RBXJM2 / GenzBenz Neo Pak / EICH112XS
  • @bassmansam - Rickenbacker 4003s, Eppy Thunderbird Vintage Pro and Ashdown ABM 500 2x10 combo
  • @jebroad - Not-fender jazz (maybe), squire silver series jazz, old Kay SC, Dingwall combustion, Ashdown 8x10 (Maybe)
  • @Jabba_the_gut - 27" mini basses, Short scale telebass, whatever else I build by then, TC RS210 combo. Cakes
  • @Oldman - Custom fretless 5, and some amplification, TBD
  • @Geek99 - POSSIBLE Ampeg AMP, bass-doc built relic P, homemade jazz with geddy lee pups, zoom b2.1

Just tweaked @Teebs because he’s... well, because he’s @Teebs.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Frank Blank said:

 

  • @Richard R - Brawley Artemis 4, Brawley Artemis 5,  EBS Session60 amp, something to weigh basses with.
  • @Frank Blank - Rob Allen Mouse Fretless, Rob Allen Mouse Fretted, Ibanez SRC6, QSC K12.2, HX Stomp.
  • @Stub Mandrel - Frender Performer, Hohner Jack Custom V, Deathburger (HB kit build), TE 1110 combo?
  • @petecarlton - Mayones Cali4 "Puzzle" Bass: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYAvWZGwc4s&t=13s&ab_channel=BassTheWorld.com
  • @Teebs - Hinnocent
  • @SpondonBassed - Jack.  (That's not short for Jack all, it's just that I can't decide until nearer the time.)
  • @Machines - Sire M5 / Yamaha RBXJM2 / GenzBenz Neo Pak / EICH112XS
  • @bassmansam - Rickenbacker 4003s, Eppy Thunderbird Vintage Pro and Ashdown ABM 500 2x10 combo
  • @jebroad - Not-fender jazz (maybe), squire silver series jazz, old Kay SC, Dingwall combustion, Ashdown 8x10 (Maybe)
  • @Jabba_the_gut - 27" mini basses, Short scale telebass, whatever else I build by then, TC RS210 combo. Cakes
  • @Oldman - Custom fretless 5, and some amplification, TBD
  • @Geek99 - POSSIBLE Ampeg AMP, bass-doc built relic P, homemade jazz with geddy lee pups, zoom b2.1

Just tweaked @Teebs because he’s... well, because he’s @Teebs.

I thought that Teebs looked like a really nice chap at the last bass bash. Shame my guide dog bit him.

  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SpondonBassed said:

I revised this list to include @Oldman, just before @Geek99 added his name so I've merged the two lists so that no-one drops off, so to speak.

If Oldman would like to post what he's bringing, I shall include it unless @jebroad has already.
  Done.

Egad, the last thing we want is the list doing open-source software style forks...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bassman Sam said:

I thought that Teebs looked like a really nice chap at the last bass bash. Shame my guide dog bit him.

See, this is the thing with @Teebs, he looks like a lovely fella but the undead can’t fool animals.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Stub Mandrel said:

Egad, the last thing we want is the list doing open-source software style forks...

Just as an aside I am defending Home Counties Veteran Open-Source Software Chopsticks Champion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hark at you with your fancy SDLC processes and asiatic bamboo implements!

More importantly, what sort of cake?  And are we having a raffle? And why is September SO FAR AWAY? 😩

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ll come along and bring my Swift Lite bass, made by our own @Andyjr1515, plus my Harley Benton short-scale P bass. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Len_derby said:

I’ll come along and bring my Swift Lite bass, made by our own @Andyjr1515, plus my Harley Benton short-scale P bass. 

Pretty amazing raffle prizes, to be fair.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’d like to try a 51style p bass if anyone has one 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Andyjr15 is a raffle prize ?

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would be great to do a raffle again, anyone have suggestions on which charity to support this year? 

 

Also- how about adding a bit of 'show and tell'? Letting people show off any gear in front of an audience alongside @Andyjr1515 + other's talks.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, jebroad said:

Would be great to do a raffle again, anyone have suggestions on which charity to support this year? 

How about Nordoff Robbins - music for young people?  Or would people prefer a charity supporting NHS workers?  Or the Safe Cities for Women Campaign?  All very deserving at the moment.

Edited by petecarlton

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, jebroad said:

how about adding a bit of 'show and tell'? Letting people show off any gear in front of an audience alongside @Andyjr1515 + other's talks.

Great idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jebroad said:

Would be great to do a raffle again, anyone have suggestions on which charity to support this year? 

 

Also- how about adding a bit of 'show and tell'? Letting people show off any gear in front of an audience alongside @Andyjr1515 + other's talks.

I’ll do one, about my p bass and my Damascene conversion to the righteous path. Since y’all have seen one round these parts it should be really interesting as it’s a story-never-told. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...