Why become a member? ×

2021 midlands bass bash! 4th september Date Confirmed

jebroad

4 hours ago, Frank Blank said:

Is that @Andyjr1515’s son?

No, silly, there are 1515 incarnations of him, that’s how he builds so many basses. They’re all crammed into one workshop under Dickensian conditions. They all share the coloured dust collection and sing sea shanties whilst working long hours for a pittance and a plate of thin gruel flavoured with varnish and superglue and finished with a powdered trussrod topping 

Andyjr15 is an early incarnation, judging by his serial number but nobody kept proper records and so it’s a guide at best - worth looking at the date stamps on his component parts to get a not-later-than idea of his place in the incarnation timeline 

Edited by Geek99
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

• @Richard R - Brawley Artemis 4, Brawley Artemis 5,  EBS Session60 amp, something to weigh basses with.
  • @Frank Blank - Rob Allen Mouse Fretless, Rob Allen Mouse Fretted, Ibanez SRC6, QSC K12.2, HX Stomp.
  • @Stub Mandrel - Frender Performer, Hohner Jack Custom V, Deathburger (HB kit build), TE 1110 combo?
  • @petecarlton - Mayones Cali4 "Puzzle" Bass: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYAvWZGwc4s&t=13s&ab_channel=BassTheWorld.com
  • @Teebs - Hinnocent - Plus might bring my new bass - if you're good! :P (And if it navigates Bre*it borders okay...) :/ 
  • @SpondonBassed - Jack.  (That's not short for Jack all, it's just that I can't decide until nearer the time.)
  • @Machines - Sire M5 / Yamaha RBXJM2 / GenzBenz Neo Pak / EICH112XS
  • @bassmansam - Rickenbacker 4003s, Eppy Thunderbird Vintage Pro and Ashdown ABM 500 2x10 combo
  • @jebroad - Not-fender jazz (maybe), squire silver series jazz, old Kay SC, Dingwall combustion, Ashdown 8x10 (Maybe)
  • @Jabba_the_gut - 27" mini basses, Short scale telebass, whatever else I build by then, TC RS210 combo. Cakes
  • @Oldman - Custom fretless 5, and some amplification, TBD
  • @Geek99 - POSSIBLE Ampeg AMP, bass-doc built relic P, homemade jazz with geddy lee pups, zoom b2.1
Edited by Teebs
  • Like 1

All these people who wouldn't have dreamt of coming to one of my bashes are all clamouring to join in now I've passed the baton on.

Which reminds me, @jebroad, I've got the box of lanyard cards i had printed for the mids bash if you want them. PM me the address of your cardboard box and I'll send them. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Si600 said:

All these people who wouldn't have dreamt of coming to one of my bashes are all clamouring to join in now I've passed the baton on.

Yeah... you had it easy.  Heeheehee.

17 minutes ago, Frank Blank said:

Were you a previous MBB organiser?

Yes.  The second and third Bashes that I attended were Si's.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Happy to have a DE Bass Bash. However being stopped at customs with multiple guitars and amps and the like may be interesting. 

A friend if mine was returning to his house in France,  where he has residency,  and the Douanne were being deliberately obstructive and asking the price of everything he had on him and whether he was importing it or taking it home. They even said they were being picky "because You voted for Brexit!"  I would of course expect the Germans to be more civilised than the French,  but nevertheless...

2 hours ago, Richard R said:

Happy to have a DE Bass Bash. However being stopped at customs with multiple guitars and amps and the like may be interesting. 

A friend if mine was returning to his house in France,  where he has residency,  and the Douanne were being deliberately obstructive and asking the price of everything he had on him and whether he was importing it or taking it home. They even said they were being picky "because You voted for Brexit!"  I would of course expect the Germans to be more civilised than the French,  but nevertheless...

I think Dutch Customs were taking a similar "serves you right" attitude from day 1 (or is that B Day?).  Can't blame them, tbh.

• Like 1

• @Richard R - Brawley Artemis 4, Brawley Artemis 5,  EBS Session60 amp, something to weigh basses with.
  • @Frank Blank - Rob Allen Mouse Fretless, Rob Allen Mouse Fretted, Ibanez SRC6, QSC K12.2, HX Stomp.
  • @Stub Mandrel - Frender Performer, Hohner Jack Custom V, Deathburger (HB kit build), TE 1110 combo?
  • @petecarlton - Mayones Cali4 "Puzzle" Bass: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYAvWZGwc4s&t=13s&ab_channel=BassTheWorld.com
  • @Teebs - Erm...dunno Finx.gif.38e5a959284efcdb0f75de29e61f08b8.gif What! >:( Isn't my mere presence enough for you peoples!?
  • @SpondonBassed - Jack.  (That's not short for Jack all, it's just that I can't decide until nearer the time.)
  • @bassmansam - Rickenbacker 4003s, Eppy Thunderbird Vintage Pro and Ashdown ABM 500 2x10 combo
  • @jebroad - Not-fender jazz (maybe), squire silver series jazz, old Kay SC, Dingwall combustion, Ashdown 8x10 (Maybe)
  • @Jabba_the_gut - 27" mini basses, Short scale telebass, whatever else I build by then, TC RS210 combo. Cakes
  • @Oldman -
  • @nicka. Since the last one..  got a second Wal with an extra string and those weird metal things in the fingerboard ( supposed to help you play in tune I think, but cause all kinds of problems ).  So, yes, please. I'll be there;  Couple of Wals and some pjb amps.

58 minutes ago, NickA said:
  • @Richard R - Brawley Artemis 4, Brawley Artemis 5,  EBS Session60 amp, something to weigh basses with.
  • @Teebs - Erm...dunno Finx.gif.38e5a959284efcdb0f75de29e61f08b8.gif What! >:( Isn't my mere presence enough for you peoples!?
  • @Oldman -
  • @nicka. Since the last one..  got a second Wal with an extra string and those weird metal things in the fingerboard ( supposed to help you play in tune I think, but cause all kinds of problems ).  So, yes, please. I'll be there;  Couple of Wals and some pjb amps.
  • @Geek99 - POSSIBLE ... Ampeg AMP, bass-doc built relic P, homemade jazz with geddy lee pups, zoom b2.1

@NickA You cut me out .... but I put myself back :(

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Teebs said:

They didn't update my bringing things thing either :(

Bastards!

>:(

Bloody midlanders!

:)

No I was completely removed - still not a northerner though - I shall insist on my Danegeld as a forfeit for this heinous crime 

Edited by Geek99
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Geek99 said:

@NickA You cut me out .... but I put myself back

I think Nick might have used an earlier version of the list in fact.

At some point @jebroad might have to consolidate the various incarnations of this list and check to confirm attendance nearer the date.  A lot could happen as things develop this year.

• Like 1

• @Stub Mandrel - Fender Performer, Hohner Jack Custom V, Deathburger (HB kit build), TE 1110 combo?
  • @Teebs - Erm...dunno Finx.gif.38e5a959284efcdb0f75de29e61f08b8.gif What! >:( Isn't my mere presence enough for you peoples!? Pea Green Bass and something else.
  • @Oldman -
  • @NickA Since the last one..  got a second Wal with an extra string and those weird metal things in the fingerboard ( supposed to help you play in tune I think, but cause all kinds of problems ).  So, yes, please. I'll be there;  Couple of Wals and some pjb amps.
  • @Geek99 - POSSIBLE ... Ampeg AMP, bass-doc built relic P, homemade jazz with geddy lee pups, zoom b2.1

• Like 1

• @Stub Mandrel - Fender Performer, Hohner Jack Custom V, Deathburger (HB kit build), TE 1110 combo?
  • @Teebs - Erm...dunno Finx.gif.38e5a959284efcdb0f75de29e61f08b8.gif What! >:( Isn't my mere presence enough for you peoples!? Pea Green Bass and something else.
  • @Oldman -
  • @NickA Since the last one..  got a second Wal with an extra string and those weird metal things in the fingerboard ( supposed to help you play in tune I think, but cause all kinds of problems ).  So, yes, please. I'll be there;  Couple of Wals and some pjb amps.
  • @bnt - TENTATIVE - Harley Benton MP-4EB Enhanced "Shamberg" w/ EMGs and its own Ryanair seat, tc SpectraDrive.
Edited by bnt
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, bnt said:
  • @Oldman -RUACH NT 35” Unlined Fretless Custom, head and cab
  • @bnt - TENTATIVE - Harley Benton MP-4EB Enhanced "Shamberg" w/ EMGs and its own Ryanair seat, tc SpectraDrive.

• Like 1